Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138751 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #1485 on: December 23, 2006, 07:50:13 AM »
New borns generally do cry a lot, its their only means of communication.  Give him a chance before you label him a 'crier', he's only a couple of days old after all.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1486 on: December 23, 2006, 07:51:36 AM »
My sister's baby cried a lot for the first couple of months, then settled down a bit.  The think it was his digestive system figuring out what it was meant to do.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #1487 on: December 23, 2006, 07:52:57 AM »
New borns generally do cry a lot, its their only means of communication.  Give him a chance before you label him a 'crier', he's only a couple of days old after all.

but i don't want to teach him his first cause and effect lesson.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1488 on: December 23, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »

but i don't want to teach him his first cause and effect lesson.

I don't think its a good idea that we get into discussing the pro's and con's of controlled crying, etc cos its something I have strong feelings about.
* purposefulinsanity
zips it and refuses to comment more

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1489 on: December 23, 2006, 08:00:18 AM »
but i stated that i was thinking about ways, or considering.

maybe the pros and cons will help me make up my own mind.

realistically, i am kinda lost as a parent.  i do my best, but rely heavily on my wife.  i am open for discussion and i will not be easily offended, bitch.  j/k.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1490 on: December 23, 2006, 08:09:36 AM »
In that case I'll reply to you later when I have the time (and peace) to make more than a quick post.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1491 on: December 23, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »
In that case I'll reply to you later when I have the time (and peace) to make more than a quick post.
ok, maybe we can start a new thread, so we can't be accused of not having some serious discussions.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1492 on: December 23, 2006, 09:12:54 AM »
My both kids had colicky pains. Oh what fun that was. Not.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #1493 on: December 23, 2006, 11:37:44 AM »
Cause and effect don't work with newborns!  I wound up moving into the guest room so I could sleep at night!  For the first few months all you can do is "ride it out" and let the wee one settle into a routine.  Which will happen!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1494 on: December 23, 2006, 04:00:52 PM »
Getting ready to go rock the mics.

I'm so proud of these kids! They have learned seventeen, totally uncool Christmas songs, for a concert tongiht. They are doing it, as a fund raiser, to support their year 'round music habits. (High school kids addicted to the sounds of their own music)  If we get the turnout we had last year (I expect it to be better!), we could make it to summer without having to do anymore seasonal concerts.

Oh, it's jazz. Christmas music played with a seven piece jazz ensemble and an old headbanger doing the sound. It will be a kick ass night as Christmas concerts go.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 04:08:35 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1495 on: December 23, 2006, 05:08:53 PM »
Getting ready for Christmas Eve that is when We are doing everything.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1496 on: December 24, 2006, 07:42:41 AM »

Glowing with pride at the turnout of last night's concert. The kids played almost like pros. A few clankers, of course, but with the forgiveness of jazz, even a clanker can turn into a thing of beauty in the right hands. A very good night!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #1497 on: December 24, 2006, 11:08:17 AM »
Enjoying ten minutes peace while the kids are in the bath. Taking em for a drive on the moors after their tea to see if we can spot Santa's sleigh on its rounds...  ;)

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
« Reply #1498 on: December 24, 2006, 11:59:22 AM »
lol..... hey and if ur very lucky can you grab me some stardust that ziggy left behind ???

duncvis

« Reply #1499 on: December 24, 2006, 07:43:22 PM »
You'll be lucky - the hills were blanketed in thick fog, but I somehow convinced the kids we could hear sleigh bells in the mist.  :laugh:

'Santa' has now finished lugging all the presents out of the cellar grotto, and is having a well earned bottle of Newcastle's finest. :beer:

Seasons greetings folks! :party: