Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138735 times)

ozymandias

Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #1245 on: December 02, 2006, 01:44:48 PM »
we have more articles than them, and only about 4 percent of the membership.

A lot of that membership is dormant or people that were banned and came back under several different user names.  Like Grevious/tyannus/general, etc.  And the names were never deleted!  Just like wp!  Some of the people I know left permanently, but their names are still listed as members!

I'm a member but I'm pretty sure I've never actually posted there. They're too militantly Aspie for me.

Well, they have made an effort to tone down the "All NT's are evil" type crap!  But, sometimes people  just come on filled with so much rage and hate that things get everwhelming!  LAst night in AFF chat, somebody cropped up complaining that Gareth and Amy were "suppressing" members "dismay" at injustice!  Which I know is a pile of crap.  What they have been trying to do is tone down the "Hate NT" rhetoric or lets treat NT's like they treat us rants.  Yes, Amy and Gareth have their moments, but, it has modified over the years.  Some people fail to realize that there is a difference between "Dismay" and "out of control rage" at injustice.  Yeah, I'v had my moments! :-[  But, returning hate for hate, rage for rage, just gives the Curebie groups ammo for their rhetoric, just like the "Oracles of the Delphi Forums".   It's not the place for slagging, venting yes, to a point, but, not slagging!

Yeah, I think I saw your name there awhile ago, when the member list was still available for viewing!  I do agree with you, that it was a bit too militant for my tastes, but, still I have loyalty to that site as they were the first site I joined when Edan pulled the rug out from Aspergia.  And I have seen it grow and develop!

In a way I'm not overly surprised, a while ago Amy and Gareth publicly toyed with the idea of shutting down and asked members opinions about it.
aspieknee and zoologist, natron/simplecomplexities have all been off taking their shots at AFF from their own forums!

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1246 on: December 02, 2006, 01:53:21 PM »
Nomaken, a lot of members there are under 18, plus I'm not sure that many of them would like it here!  I'v been on AFF since it began and have nearly left it several times, so I know that forum very well!  It's not like and never has been like wp!  All I'm saying is tread carefully........there may be things involved here that we do NOT want to get sucked into!  FWIW, I am thinking the same thing, it's how to do it that stumps me!
Hey ozy when is AFF gonna fix their search function I just joined there a few weeks ago but I can't use the "view new posts" or search function!
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

ozymandias

« Reply #1247 on: December 02, 2006, 02:25:55 PM »
Nomaken, a lot of members there are under 18, plus I'm not sure that many of them would like it here!  I'v been on AFF since it began and have nearly left it several times, so I know that forum very well!  It's not like and never has been like wp!  All I'm saying is tread carefully........there may be things involved here that we do NOT want to get sucked into!  FWIW, I am thinking the same thing, it's how to do it that stumps me!
Hey ozy when is AFF gonna fix their search function I just joined there a few weeks ago but I can't use the "view new posts" or search function!

They're temporarily shut down and that may have been affected by making it a "read only" forum!  Plus four of the forums have been blocked for "moderator use only".  I'll go to AFF chat soon and see what I can dig up!  The chat room still functions, and you need Java Script to go there!

If you go there to find out, type in " /join #chatautism " to go to the forum for adults.  #AFF is for 16 and under and when you go to chat thats where you start off!

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #1248 on: December 02, 2006, 02:31:26 PM »
Rinsing my mouth out with biotene mouthwash. It has enzymes and calicum for mouth health.  Swallowing abilify, 2.5 milligrams, very low dose.  Don't give me karma because I am taking that fucker.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1249 on: December 02, 2006, 04:14:57 PM »
Screening another Indian epic, "Dhoom II". 8)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #1250 on: December 02, 2006, 05:22:42 PM »
That one I can answer. Some months ago they began to run out of space, and as their host have no upgrading option for that, the choice ended up between deleting the data needed for searching to work, which was a massive amount, or deleting old posts. In the end it was decided to cripple the search function in order to be able to retain all posts.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1251 on: December 02, 2006, 05:37:57 PM »
Drinking beer and in chat and Intensity2.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1252 on: December 02, 2006, 06:51:36 PM »
That one I can answer. Some months ago they began to run out of space, and as their host have no upgrading option for that, the choice ended up between deleting the data needed for searching to work, which was a massive amount, or deleting old posts. In the end it was decided to cripple the search function in order to be able to retain all posts.
jesus, that sucks ass
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1253 on: December 02, 2006, 07:16:56 PM »
Having a cigarette drinking a beer and listening to Dvorak Smphony No. 9.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1254 on: December 02, 2006, 08:29:28 PM »
Heading out to take in a set or two of a really good local Beatles mirror. I just hope they haven't fucked with their sound gear too much, since last time.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #1255 on: December 03, 2006, 04:32:12 AM »
jesus, that sucks ass

certainly does. they need a new hosting company by the sound of it. I have to say I'm seriously impressed by this one so far, Lori (webmaster for Gestalt and a proper professional web techie like what decent sites have :P ) recommended them - good deal, fast server, no SQL restriction, reliable, and plenty upgradeable if it ever becomes necessary.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1256 on: December 03, 2006, 04:38:10 AM »
Waking up from chat night.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1257 on: December 03, 2006, 05:37:05 AM »
I'm still glowing inside from the performance of 'the White Band'. They kicked ass last night. The only songs that they really re-interpret and change from the Beatles sound are the heavier ones and they start out BeatleY, then morph into a heavy metal-like sound. "Helter Skelter" and "It's All Too Much" really rock in their hands.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1258 on: December 03, 2006, 06:21:44 AM »
About to go to bread

night night

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore