Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138753 times)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #13125 on: June 21, 2011, 04:23:26 PM »
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #13126 on: June 21, 2011, 05:50:28 PM »
Playing around with my iPad.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #13127 on: June 21, 2011, 09:13:43 PM »
^^ being autistic ? having an orgasm ? passing a kidney stone ?

People can be so weird.  :orly:

Being autistic - fuck I'm in a bad mood for the last few days. So angry that all I can do at times is laugh... I think I must be twisted.. people are weird... almost too weird  :facepalm2:

Who R U?

That's a tough question. I suppose it depends on the context, and what we're to define "who" as constituting an individual. Who are you can mean a lot of things. Who am I as a person, who am I to say such things (who do I think I am), who am I here, who am I elsewhere, who am I on line, irl, my name, what I do, who I'm seen as, what my back ground is, what function I perform, what my occupation is, it all depends on what you mean by who, because I am the person who you're talking to.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13128 on: June 23, 2011, 03:59:30 AM »
Waiting for a daughter and her friend for lunch.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13129 on: June 23, 2011, 05:17:10 AM »
I am waiting too. Waiting for my dinner to heat up in the microwave.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #13130 on: June 23, 2011, 06:25:01 AM »
I'm waiting for my cousin to clarify which of us is always awake. I'm online a lot, and he has kids. I suppose he's complaining about not getting enough sleep. Maybe it's just that I'm logged in every time he comes on line. He might have another meaning in mind, such as awake to something/being conscious, maybe it's a tip to be conscious of something, or be aware of everything. If that's true then I shouldn't be posting it here. Then it might be good too. Being aware is a good thing. You can be awake to something, then you're not in the dark about it. Beside that it's better to share what you know than it is to keep it to yourself. It could mean that I should stay awake, or that he should stay awake. You can't remain awake indefinitely though. It would be bad advice, if that were his meaning. He doesn't give bad advice, and he isn't ignorant. Maybe he's lacking sleep, and has noticed me being on line each time he has been, so it's a statement about either/both of us being 'always' awake. If it's only meant to be a statement then there shouldn't be another meaning beside the obvious. Awake being conscious, and not asleep. Always, being an exaggeration of an absolute statement. It doesn't necessarily follow that he is upset by his state of being awake. Either way, it's an absolute statement. I suppose I should presume it's about him, since he can't know from my being logged in whether or not I'm actually awake. Even if he did know I'm awake when I'm logged in, it's a bit much to expect someone who lives hundreds of kilometres away to know the extent of being awake I am. I don't contact many people, and I don't go around telling everyone that I spend much less time asleep than most people do. So this doesn't make sense. Therefore it could be incorrect to work from the presumption that the reference is anyone but him.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13131 on: June 23, 2011, 09:25:53 AM »
I'm waiting for my cousin to clarify which of us is always awake. I'm online a lot, and he has kids. I suppose he's complaining about not getting enough sleep. Maybe it's just that I'm logged in every time he comes on line. He might have another meaning in mind, such as awake to something/being conscious, maybe it's a tip to be conscious of something, or be aware of everything. If that's true then I shouldn't be posting it here. Then it might be good too. Being aware is a good thing. You can be awake to something, then you're not in the dark about it. Beside that it's better to share what you know than it is to keep it to yourself. It could mean that I should stay awake, or that he should stay awake. You can't remain awake indefinitely though. It would be bad advice, if that were his meaning. He doesn't give bad advice, and he isn't ignorant. Maybe he's lacking sleep, and has noticed me being on line each time he has been, so it's a statement about either/both of us being 'always' awake. If it's only meant to be a statement then there shouldn't be another meaning beside the obvious. Awake being conscious, and not asleep. Always, being an exaggeration of an absolute statement. It doesn't necessarily follow that he is upset by his state of being awake. Either way, it's an absolute statement. I suppose I should presume it's about him, since he can't know from my being logged in whether or not I'm actually awake. Even if he did know I'm awake when I'm logged in, it's a bit much to expect someone who lives hundreds of kilometres away to know the extent of being awake I am. I don't contact many people, and I don't go around telling everyone that I spend much less time asleep than most people do. So this doesn't make sense. Therefore it could be incorrect to work from the presumption that the reference is anyone but him.

Maybe he just says  "always awake"  in the sense that I might say I'm  "always online,"  using exaggeration in a humorous way.  :chin:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #13132 on: June 23, 2011, 10:39:39 AM »
That would be sort of humorous to do that. Even if it were humorous, I fail to see which part is funny. Staying awake isn't funny all the time. It's only funny in specific contexts such as staying awake competitions that you have when no one in the group wants to be the one to pike out. Or when you keep someone awake, or keep waking them up. Of coarse, that's only funny for the person who isn't trying to sleep. I imagine he's being woken up a lot by his kids. So he wouldn't find that entirely humorous, so making a joke would have to be more of a way of coping with it. To say that in a way that exaggerates it to make the experience seem less severe. It might be that his not telling me is the humorous part because he might know that I'll be here thinking, did he mean me, or him . . . Although, I asked him that so if he's thinking that's the funny part, then that had to have been the result of my questioning his meaning, rather than his intention at the outset. If I'd established that he meant himself before I posted that question, I'd be far less likely to consider that possibility.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13133 on: June 24, 2011, 10:34:25 AM »
Sat here. Need to hoover and clean my room when I get off my arse

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13134 on: June 24, 2011, 02:14:51 PM »

Did you know that you can split your posts in more than one paragraph? That way people might actually read them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #13135 on: June 24, 2011, 03:59:38 PM »

Soph and Squiddy both need to vac their flats. :P :zoinks:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13136 on: June 24, 2011, 04:34:13 PM »
Finished watching a film and now back browsing teh interwebs.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13137 on: June 24, 2011, 04:42:56 PM »

lol Is this a dirty joke?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13138 on: June 24, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »

lol Is this a dirty joke?

A similarity.

The BORG are a dirty lot.  :autism:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

eris

« Reply #13139 on: June 24, 2011, 05:05:29 PM »
 :fly: :stoned: :beer: :beware: