Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138724 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #990 on: November 11, 2006, 06:04:36 AM »
If i had access to a girl who wanted me to give her oral, I could guarentee her cured of horniness forever.

Come on you can't get away with making such a wild claim as that without saying how you would do it.

he probably has open sores on his mouth.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #991 on: November 11, 2006, 06:56:50 AM »
Heading out to the "Autism Friendly" movie theater event, morning version. Lots of considerations are allowed.

They leave the lights on, but low. Also the sound is adjusted to a more reasonable level for those who can still hear. You can bring your own refreshments, if you want. If I remember correctly the picture is also projected smaller.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #992 on: November 11, 2006, 08:49:19 AM »
Heading out to the "Autism Friendly" movie theater event, morning version. Lots of considerations are allowed.

They leave the lights on, but low. Also the sound is adjusted to a more reasonable level for those who can still hear. You can bring your own refreshments, if you want. If I remember correctly the picture is also projected smaller.

There is an "autism friendly" movie theatre event?

As a projectionist, I'm used to defending (or at least explaining) the high volumes in theatres today. Here's a quick recap:

When I adjust the volume for a new feature--yes, I do that for every single one--I listen to the dialogue, in other words, when people speak in normal voices. The dialogue must be measured, pleasent to listen to, and never too loud. When the dialogue sounds OK, I'm happy.

In the olden days of mono sound, but also Dolby Stereo A or SR, this adjustment made for a good listening experience. The dialogue and any sound effects the film had would all be delivered to the audience in a manner that kept tinnitus away.

Problem is, these days most films come in a digital sound format, usually Dolby Digital. There's a LOT of dynamic headroom for special effects. If they want to mix a film to have low-key dialogue but quite literally ear-bursting sound effects (=explosions, planes, thunder, music, etc, etc), they can do it. And quite often, they do, especially with any new action flicks. With the coming Bond feature, you can rest assured that whatever the sound level of the dialogue, the effects have a license to kill.

There is an additional problem, one that's even more common. See, many movie producers actually understand the above, and mix their films accordingly. Unfortunately, the theatres are often not properly aligned--the frequency response in an auditorium is not good, and the high-frequency sounds (the ones that produce the "s" in the dialogue) are the first casualties. Which is bad, because often when the audience complains about high volume, they are actually complaining about bad sound, distortion of the higher fruequencies.

The ear reacts against the distortion, the brain simply interprets the sound as being too loud.

Call your nearest cinema service provider. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #993 on: November 11, 2006, 11:23:47 AM »

There is an "autism friendly" movie theatre event?

As a projectionist, I'm used to defending (or at least explaining) the high volumes in theatres today. Here's a quick recap:

*'Dawg Bit for brevity*

Call your nearest cinema service provider. :)

I get all that sound stuff. It's good to get this info in laymen's terms, though, for those who are new to the "digital age". 

This was only their second or third such movie day, sponsored by a local autism resource group. This was our first time to go. It was mainly a re-con mission, from my perspective, because I am as skeptical as you are. I was actually impressed, somewhat positively.

They altered, to a slight degree, two screens in a twelve screen cinema theater.  The movie we saw, Santa Clause III, was definitely lower in volume from what I usually hear ... (trust me ... I have a decibel meter in my head along with a full spectrum audio analyzer    ;D ) ... and the lights were on during the movies, set low, for the 'fraidy kiddies. They actually removed several sections of seating down front, for people who brought pillows and blankets. They welcomed patrons to bring their own diet conscious refreshments, all as advertised.

As far as the picture itself, it definitely didn't fill up the screen, but the fucking heads were still eight feet tall at times with piercing pairs of foot wide eyes. I'm no projectionist, so I can't really speak about the aspect of re-engineering a theater for one show a month. I don't know if they actually did something to the projection system or not. It wasn't enough to make the faces NON-intimidating, anyway.

As far as the sound goes, lowering the overall volume by six to eight dB definitely lowered the distortion on loud, dynamic passages in the soundtrack. It was not too bad at all.

We'll go again.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #994 on: November 11, 2006, 11:31:04 AM »
Cleaning dishes up, I cooked rice and beans.

Fighting with my sister.  Must be blunt withdrawl.  I am scrubbing my pans out and she is saying you have to use soap and not just rise it out.  Fuckn tard I have been doing it with soap ever since I started.  Next she bitches because I made a mess on the stove.  It boiled over, and I yelled at her back saying I am cleaning my mess up.  Then she starts about how she makes alot of money and is not on SSI.  She needs it more than me for god sakes.  She showed her boss ugly pictures of my face and she said I was ugly.  She strips.  I agree the picture was ugly.  I fixed it, no more red noise and I got a knew shaver head.  I think some of it was irritation from shaver screen with holes in it.

FUCKN CUNT!
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #995 on: November 11, 2006, 12:16:27 PM »
I FUCKN WIN

THROWING MEDS IN THE TRASH!
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #996 on: November 11, 2006, 12:17:14 PM »
 : :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: >:D >:D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:evillaugh:

Spread your legs woman!

Scrapheap

« Reply #997 on: November 11, 2006, 12:20:50 PM »

Fighting with my sister.  Must be blunt withdrawl.  I am scrubbing my pans out and she is saying you have to use soap and not just rise it out.  Fuckn tard I have been doing it with soap ever since I started.  Next she bitches because I made a mess on the stove.  It boiled over, and I yelled at her back saying I am cleaning my mess up.  Then she starts about how she makes alot of money and is not on SSI.  She needs it more than me for god sakes.  She showed her boss ugly pictures of my face and she said I was ugly.  She strips.  I agree the picture was ugly.  I fixed it, no more red noise and I got a knew shaver head.  I think some of it was irritation from shaver screen with holes in it.

FUCKN CUNT!

Have you tried punching your sister square in the mouth?? That usually shuts them up!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #998 on: November 11, 2006, 12:23:09 PM »

FUCKN CUNT!

Have you tried punching your sister square in the mouth?? That usually shuts them up!

That is really bad advice, Scrapheap. 

Don't do it, Fluorescent.

ozymandias

« Reply #999 on: November 11, 2006, 12:35:22 PM »
I think ScrapHeap was kidding and Flo doesn't seem the type to do such a thing!

Scrapheap

« Reply #1000 on: November 11, 2006, 12:40:12 PM »

of coure i was just kidding. Flo probably should get a punching bag though, it really would help him release aggression.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1001 on: November 11, 2006, 01:50:57 PM »
Yeah you get it, I talk shit to make them back down.  If I have to fight I am ready, I have a six pack and stuff.  Little cunt bag is suffering with blunt withdrawl and I am laughing at her.  Her bastard of a kid lies to get attention and causes her all kinds of trouble.  You can always count on their own problems taking them down for you.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1002 on: November 11, 2006, 03:25:57 PM »
DirtDawg, I'm glad that them lowering the output with a couple of dB's made a difference. A film is supposed to be enjoyable--the audiences pay our salaries, simple as that. They don't pay me enough, but that's not their fault. ;)

The smaller image was achieved by using another lense with a longer focal length--most theatres have several lenses, to be used for other aspect ratios and/or other screens (if it's a multiplex). "My" theatre is a single-screen auditorium but even we could offer you at least one smaller-size format.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #1003 on: November 11, 2006, 03:48:14 PM »

of coure i was just kidding. Flo probably should get a punching bag though, it really would help him release aggression.

Good suggestion, I'v been looking for one for myself to release frustration!  Less painful than a wall!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #1004 on: November 11, 2006, 10:22:13 PM »
I FUCKN WIN

THROWING MEDS IN THE TRASH!
you lost.
Misunderstood.