Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138749 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #7380 on: January 03, 2009, 11:35:51 AM »

Dark fudge came out perfect.

Letting it cool a little before I toss it.

I toss it on my electric griddle, set to "Warm"  then turned off and allowed to cool slowly while I complete the task of tossing the fudge.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7381 on: January 03, 2009, 04:17:45 PM »
Going back to bed.  It's been a whole 10 hours since I got up, and it feels like I'm in for another 8 hours of sleep.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7382 on: January 03, 2009, 05:22:59 PM »
Watching Babylon 5
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7383 on: January 03, 2009, 05:25:46 PM »
About to back up the forum.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7384 on: January 03, 2009, 07:52:02 PM »
Woke up.  I could have slept for longer, but I overheated and got dehydrated.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #7385 on: January 03, 2009, 09:04:13 PM »
drinking beer and taking the piss (not literally)
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7386 on: January 03, 2009, 11:10:40 PM »
Watching Babylon 5

HA!

We've been having a marathon at my house.

We started at the beginning of season one and we are half done with season four.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #7387 on: January 04, 2009, 05:49:11 AM »
Watching Babylon 5

HA!

We started at the beginning of season one and we are half done with season four.

I'm just starting season 5 with my eldest son as all year it was hard with all the homework he had.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7388 on: January 04, 2009, 07:04:37 AM »
Really really hating being an Ass Burger today.  The worst feelings in years....like even back when I was 7 years old...the inability to interact...feels like the equivalent.

Not very good, know I will move through it...but haven't had a feeling like this for such a long time, it came as a shock....a real shock.  Yes, yes, I know, should not complain, I am lucky, can cope for the most part...just haven't had a major crash for such a long time, it's a bit overwhelming.

Would be funny to go out into the world and start shooting off the F word everytime I felt like it.  Tourettes style.

If only the world knew how draining it was to try and interact on their level for the most part....does my head in.  I like living in black and white...it's so much easier to put things in their boxes...

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7389 on: January 04, 2009, 07:43:29 AM »
Watching Babylon 5

HA!

I don't have all of them yet just season 4 want to get the rest though
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7390 on: January 04, 2009, 08:01:12 AM »
Really really hating being an Ass Burger today.  The worst feelings in years....like even back when I was 7 years old...the inability to interact...feels like the equivalent.

Not very good, know I will move through it...but haven't had a feeling like this for such a long time, it came as a shock....a real shock.  Yes, yes, I know, should not complain, I am lucky, can cope for the most part...just haven't had a major crash for such a long time, it's a bit overwhelming.

Would be funny to go out into the world and start shooting off the F word everytime I felt like it.  Tourettes style.

If only the world knew how draining it was to try and interact on their level for the most part....does my head in.  I like living in black and white...it's so much easier to put things in their boxes...

Did anything happen that precipitated this, or was it just too much stuff to deal with over the holidays?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7391 on: January 04, 2009, 01:05:17 PM »

Some of the world does know.

:hug:

Hope it passes as suddenly as it came upon you.

*tries to make a real smile*

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7392 on: January 04, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »
Watching Babylon 5

HA!

I'm just starting season 5 with my eldest son as all year it was hard with all the homework he had.

Homework can be a bitch.

How old are your kids?

Mine are (just turned) eight (daughter) and (almost) ten (son).

They are both totally into the series and remind me constantly of things I almost missed (this is our third viewwing). I can think of few vids with so much excellent writing, challenges to think deeper, simple lessons for life's  troubles presented in ways that are accessible.

I am often reminded of Aesop's work, which we used before they walked on their own, for the simplicity and constant lessons to be learned, presented in ways that hold the interest of a growing mind.

I bought the entire series and all the movies when they were "on sale"  at the place where I work. I think it was one hundred twenty bucks for all, on DVD.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 01:17:16 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7393 on: January 04, 2009, 02:31:54 PM »
A mains fuse blew, just now, so I replaced it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7394 on: January 04, 2009, 06:09:26 PM »

Did anything happen that precipitated this, or was it just too much stuff to deal with over the holidays?

I am in the midst of holidays at the moment...which, although I desperately needed to have a break from work, the downside is two things;

1.  When I am at work, there's structure and consistency and I call most of the shots...so I guess there is order in my world.  When I am on holidays, I usually do the same thing and have a structure of things I want to do and get done.  I haven't really done that this time, so maybe that's thrown me a little.  I don't feel relaxed or rejuvenated at all.

2.  When I am on holidays, I usually do things that I find enjoyable, so I have been to the beach, painted a lot, but what I have found in the past week is, I really don't want to go back to work, I want to lose myself in a million new interests that have captured my attention.  And of course, as usual, I want to throw myself into them, but know that work is just a week away.  I wish I didn't have to make money the way I do anymore.  I think I kind of want to run away and life a gentler life, if that makes sense.  And the thought of going back to work next week is making me feel miserable.

And on top of the first two points, of course, I have met someone that I like, and that has probably stressed me a lot.  I would prefer to tell him to fuck off and leave me alone, and usually I would have no qualms in doing that.  (Wonderful girl I am.)  But I am at odds with hurting his feelings.   Now, I know this sounds quite weird...or perhaps not on this site ;)  But history suggests to me that when I tell people to fuck off, it's usually the catalyst to them realising how direct they need to be to convince me that they are worth my time.

Sooo...again this may not make sense, but this guy appears fairly caring, if I explained the Ass Burger situation he would most likely understand.  But my overwhelming desire, as fucking usual is to tell him to fuck off.  It's just too draining.

The other thing I suppose is that it's the first Christmas I have looked forward to since my Mother died on Christmas day 3 years ago....and I expected too much I think...so there is the fallout from that.

Some of the world does know.

:hug:

Hope it passes as suddenly as it came upon you.

*tries to make a real smile*

Thanks DD, that's very sweet. 

Yes, it will pass suddenly....once I tell this guy to fuck off!   ;)  (Couldn't resist some black humour)

And / or, I run away to the hills and live on a farm...