Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138751 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #6600 on: June 03, 2008, 05:37:32 AM »
Dreading a long day of installing fiberglass insulation
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #6601 on: June 03, 2008, 02:35:29 PM »
Searching for good enough videos of the New York Philharmonic Orchestra's performance in North Korea, so I can steal the audio.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6602 on: June 03, 2008, 02:41:55 PM »
Recovering from a long day of installing fiberglass insulation

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6603 on: June 03, 2008, 04:29:14 PM »
Finishing up with fixing chat. Discovered unexpected problems and had to improvise.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #6604 on: June 03, 2008, 08:01:07 PM »
Recovering from second concert in a row of daughters musical interests.  Yesterday guitar recital, tonight high school choir and music concert.  Reaching for the wine!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6605 on: June 04, 2008, 04:59:33 AM »
Recovering from second concert in a row of daughters musical interests.  Yesterday guitar recital, tonight high school choir and music concert.  Reaching for the wine!

Now that you mention it dreading the one I have to go to on Thursday

George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #6606 on: June 04, 2008, 07:37:05 AM »

Now that you mention it dreading the one I have to go to on Thursday

Bring along something to read, Sit way in the back so you can quietly escape to get some air or a peace and quiet break! 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6607 on: June 04, 2008, 02:02:31 PM »
Installing my new pooter. 8)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6608 on: June 04, 2008, 11:25:11 PM »
Shopping for computer things.  I've run out of hard disc space, so it's time for a new drive.  Currently I'm using a 30GB IDE drive, a 200GB IDE drive and a 400GB SATA drive, and I'm planning to get a 1TB Western Digital Caviar, since it's supposed to be very quiet, have a reasonable speed and is decently priced.

Also wondering why blue ray discs are so expensive.  What's so special about them that they should cost £8 a pop when I can get a pack of 50 DVD+R's for £7?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6609 on: June 05, 2008, 12:12:26 AM »
I wish I could get my CPU fan off it's heatsink and replace it with something quieter.  It's attached to the heatsink with some weird screws that as far as I can tell (since they're deeply recessed and I can't see them clearly), have squat T shaped heads that stick out, and I've never seen a tool that would fit a screw like that.  I don't want to replace the heatsink itself, since then I'd have to disassemble most of the computer and the heatsink is attached with a horrible lever spring thingy that seems designed to cause people to ruin their motherboards or cpus while trying to get it fastened.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #6610 on: June 05, 2008, 11:44:06 AM »
Trying to figure out what the hell am I going to eat.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6611 on: June 05, 2008, 04:44:45 PM »
Installing stuff on the new pooter. It's NOT going well.

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #6612 on: June 05, 2008, 05:25:59 PM »
Installing stuff on the new pooter. It's NOT going well.

Take a break and have some hot, steamy, screaming, writhing bed breaking foom with Lucifer.  Then you can tackle the pooter problem with fresh and invigorated insight!   :eyebrows:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6613 on: June 06, 2008, 10:10:43 AM »
Good point. :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6614 on: June 06, 2008, 10:11:24 AM »
(Had to reinstall the whol system--didn't get it the way I liked the first time so I decided to redo everything.)

- Albert Einstein