Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138751 times)

Litigious

Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #2550 on: April 05, 2007, 05:51:43 AM »
I actually have totaled most of my cars.  8)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2551 on: April 05, 2007, 06:16:08 AM »

Uh-oh, I think that was one of them:

You've totaled every car you've ever owned. 

This one might be relevant too:

You can't get married to your sweetheart because there is a law against it.   ;)

But not this one:

You think a Volvo is part of a woman's anatomy.

You know what a Volvo is.   :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2552 on: April 05, 2007, 09:56:44 AM »

I've totaled three. One was not my fault, though, because I was hit from the side by a motorcycle. Police estimate of their speed was over one hundred twenty miles per hour in a residential area (!). It destroyed a '63 Bonneville, hitting right behind the front tire, crushing the "A" pillar into the radio, and literally exploding with two people on it. It actually lifted my car off the road and over a curb.

Mine was not a convertable, but these things are pretty tough:

« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 09:58:46 AM by Dosanza Bidges »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2553 on: April 05, 2007, 11:00:21 AM »
You are right, those cars were pretty tough.  Were you OK?  Did you have passengers in the car and if so were they OK?  Which side of your car did it hit?  What happened to the people on the donorcycle?

Litigious

« Reply #2554 on: April 05, 2007, 11:04:18 AM »
I guess they died. Besides, I misinterpret the word "total".  :-[ I thought it meant just using a car so brutally that it was worn out, not wrecking it, though I've had one car wrecked, actually from a motorcycle, but that guy survived with nose bleeding and back pain.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2555 on: April 05, 2007, 11:16:26 AM »
I guess they died. Besides, I misinterpret the word "total".  :-[ I thought it meant just using a car so brutally that it was worn out, not wrecking it, though I've had one car wrecked, actually from a motorcycle, but that guy survived with nose bleeding and back pain.

Totaled means that your car is wrecked and it is a total loss, that is the cost to repair it exceeds the value of the car.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2556 on: April 05, 2007, 11:21:52 AM »
You are right, those cars were pretty tough.  Were you OK?  Did you have passengers in the car and if so were they OK?  Which side of your car did it hit?  What happened to the people on the donorcycle?

It happened when I was twenty one.
My buddy and I were fine, just shook up. I was glass cut around the face, neck, and arms, but not deep, him on one arm. The funny thing is that we had just dropped off another guy and were going a few miles down the road, so he stayed in the backseat. The bike hit the passenger side pillar and crushed it in almost halfway. If he had been sitting there, he would not have survived. I had a styrofoam ice chest in the seat next to me, full of cold beer and crushed ice, that cushioned my blow a lot.

The couple on the bike were gruesomely disfigured. The car actually landed on him and I did not realize it until I got out and tripped over his feet. She was across the street, doubled over, around a street sign. She lived for about four or five minutes. I'm sure he was dead on impact, since there were parts of him on both sides of the car.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 11:24:24 AM by Dosanza Bidges »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

The_P

« Reply #2557 on: April 05, 2007, 11:29:38 AM »
Taking a break after grocery shopping with my mother.

ozymandias

« Reply #2558 on: April 05, 2007, 11:43:37 AM »
sipping tea and glad that the snow shovelling is done!  for now ::)

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #2559 on: April 05, 2007, 12:25:45 PM »
Clutching my stomach because it hurts from laughing so much. Oh God. This show is gonna be the death of me.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2560 on: April 06, 2007, 04:32:52 AM »
just finished re-tucking the young 'uns. Hoping they sleep another couple of hours. I let the house get shitty fucking cold. I still can't feel anything. GOD DAMN IT!

The_P

« Reply #2561 on: April 06, 2007, 12:22:23 PM »
Just chilling. I took my mother out to the cinema today to cheer her up a bit.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #2562 on: April 06, 2007, 12:24:54 PM »
Just got done play a video game. Eating lunch right now.
Guardian of the Empire

ozymandias

« Reply #2563 on: April 06, 2007, 12:31:12 PM »
Going off to get the kid from the bus stop!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2564 on: April 06, 2007, 01:56:42 PM »

I have just discovered an odd thing, about my son and I.
Those elementary school word searches, where a page is covered with random letters and certain words are there, in the jumble of letters, and you have to find them and circle them. We both suck at those. He gets so upset, because the "letters won't stay still". Over the years, I have learned that if I look at it, all over once, as if I'm "scanning" or something and then get away from it. I come back later and all the words are right in front of me. I don't know how I do that, so I can't teach him how to do it. We struggle with those damn things and his teacher loves them.

A similar word search game was included in another learning tool we bought for him, except instead of a flat paper with letters on it, it is designed to look like three sides are visible on a cube, with the letters drawn, following the angles of the cube sides as if to show "perspective". The letters don't move! The letters don't seem to move randomly, anymore. He has done the whole word search without my help!

Why in hell would that make such a huge difference. Is it because the forced perspective removes three random vector elements from the jumble of letters?

???