Author Topic: Ask Kassiane anything  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Ask the Assiane anyhting
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 08:32:47 AM »
Do you think Amanda Baggs is a fraud, Spokane Girl?

She is a member here, although she has not posted much.

I don't see how she can possibly be a fraud.  That sounds like something that John Best guy would say.

Didn't he hound her into actually posting her diagnosis papers on the internet?
She detracts from our cause about as much as Autism Speaks.
How do you mean? Genuinely curious as to what you think.
In that she makes us look like spoiled children for one and whines a lot about how horrible it is to be an Aspie. Also, she like many others is busy wasting time and media publicity fighting a cure, where as ideally we need people fighting to improve our lives, by persuading society to make some small (and often mutually benificial) changes to accomodate us.

A cure really isn't a threat atm and if it happened, it really wouldn't be that difficult to deal with. There are far bigger risks out there for us - like getting lynched if things go really against us.
I definitely agree with you about the cure because autism is too complicated for anyone to figure out. So to improve our lot that we have now makes absolute sense.
:)
They know just about as much about NT's as they do us, i.e. not very much.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Ask the Assiane anyhting
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 02:21:54 PM »
Do you think Amanda Baggs is a fraud, Spokane Girl?

She is a member here, although she has not posted much.

I don't see how she can possibly be a fraud.  That sounds like something that John Best guy would say.

Didn't he hound her into actually posting her diagnosis papers on the internet?

She detracts from our cause about as much as Autism Speaks.
How do you mean? Genuinely curious as to what you think.

In that she makes us look like spoiled children for one and whines a lot about how horrible it is to be an Aspie. Also, she like many others is busy wasting time and media publicity fighting a cure, where as ideally we need people fighting to improve our lives, by persuading society to make some small (and often mutually benificial) changes to accomodate us.

A cure really isn't a threat atm and if it happened, it really wouldn't be that difficult to deal with. There are far bigger risks out there for us - like getting lynched if things go really against us.

I agree with you on this one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein