Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 85279 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #2235 on: June 20, 2009, 06:04:49 AM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

GalileoAce

« Reply #2236 on: June 20, 2009, 06:35:25 AM »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2237 on: June 20, 2009, 03:05:34 PM »
Ee.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2238 on: June 20, 2009, 03:07:55 PM »
NO U
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

P7PSP

« Reply #2239 on: June 24, 2009, 07:03:37 PM »
Hey Callaway when preparing Nitric esters like Nitroglycerin or Methyl Nitrate it is commonly done by mixing strong, or fuming Nitric and Sulfuric acids together and letting them cool and then adding the alcohol. Since the nitrate ion is the one doing the work of making highly reactive shit what role does the sulkfuric acid play other than making extra shit to take out when the desired compounds are formed?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2240 on: June 25, 2009, 01:02:58 AM »
Hey Callaway when preparing Nitric esters like Nitroglycerin or Methyl Nitrate it is commonly done by mixing strong, or fuming Nitric and Sulfuric acids together and letting them cool and then adding the alcohol. Since the nitrate ion is the one doing the work of making highly reactive shit what role does the sulkfuric acid play other than making extra shit to take out when the desired compounds are formed?

Sulfuric acid donates a proton and converts the nitric acid into a nitronium ion form so the negatively charged oxygen atoms in the glycerine can go after it, so you could say that the sulfuric acid acts as a sort of catalyst for the nitration reaction.

It's really no big deal to separate it out, since it is water soluble and nitroglycerin is not.

P7PSP

« Reply #2241 on: June 25, 2009, 01:06:51 AM »
Thanks for that info Callaway.

TheoK

« Reply #2242 on: July 04, 2009, 01:14:31 AM »

Sulfuric acid donates a proton and converts the nitric acid into a nitronium ion form so the negatively charged oxygen atoms in the glycerine can go after it, so you could say that the sulfuric acid acts as a sort of catalyst for the nitration reaction.

It's really no big deal to separate it out, since it is water soluble and nitroglycerin is not.

It's not a big deal but it's a great thing.  8)

Offline DieMenschMaschine

• YO SOMEONE STOLE MY ELEPHANT FROM MY BACK LAWN
  • Part of the Chaos
« Reply #2243 on: July 04, 2009, 01:46:57 PM »
Callaway, why do the White Supremacists Skinheads all have a infatuation with the Nazi's and Hitler?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2244 on: July 04, 2009, 02:32:12 PM »
How comes I urinate less in summer?

(This is serious question btw - it happened last summer as well)

GalileoAce

« Reply #2245 on: July 04, 2009, 06:27:00 PM »
You sweat more in summer and that is where you lose fluid. So that means less pee. The same happens for me. It is normal for this to happen.
Sorry Callaway, couldn't help myself because I know the answer. Maybe. I could be wrong...

Edit: Shit I just posted as GA. It's renaeden posting this.

GA Edit: Now you've made me seem smarter than I am :P
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 06:48:35 PM by GalileoAce »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2246 on: July 04, 2009, 06:52:23 PM »
Thanks renaeden  :laugh:

When I was downstairs before (after I'd posted this) I thought maybe it was from sweating. I do sweat a hell of a lot lol

That makes sense as I've noticed I've been going to the toilet only once a day sometimes, and I did that a lot last year too

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2247 on: July 04, 2009, 10:31:58 PM »
You sweat more in summer and that is where you lose fluid. So that means less pee. The same happens for me. It is normal for this to happen.
Sorry Callaway, couldn't help myself because I know the answer. Maybe. I could be wrong...

Edit: Shit I just posted as GA. It's renaeden posting this.

GA Edit: Now you've made me seem smarter than I am :P

:agreed:

:lol:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2248 on: July 04, 2009, 11:18:48 PM »
Callaway, why do the White Supremacists Skinheads all have a infatuation with the Nazi's and Hitler?

I think that White Supremacists Skinheads and Nazis share many beliefs, for example, both groups think that they are better than anyone else because they are "white" or "Aryan."

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #2249 on: July 06, 2009, 12:30:13 PM »

I think that White Supremacists Skinheads and Nazis share many beliefs, for example, both groups think that they are better than anyone else because they are "white" or "Aryan."

On what grounds?

Utilll something changes as to what is attractive?

I am just saying its bull...shipt

:laugh:

Any louder?   Libarains to you hear me me laughing? :laugh:

Its hard to imagine, when there is so many people on earth.  It would seem more likely that everyone has their strenghts and weakness.  Postive statements tend to be true and negative statements tend to be false.  This is an unproductive attitude of those people, actually weakens them, helpiing to ensure more of the opposite.

famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous