Educational

Author Topic: What creative or inspired solution to a problem did you come up with today?  (Read 215 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
What were the moments of creativity expressed lately?

Me, just now a few minutes ago:

I wanted not just a fridge cold beer, but one thats icy frigid as an ancient old  hasidic jewish nun's muff crack (without ever having been up one of course..ew)

And I also wanted some iced pineapple juice.
Problem being, I only have two ice trays in the freezer and one jug to put one on ice into.

Solution-stuff bottle of beer into jug, surround with ice, saving just a couple of cubes for a cup of pineapple juice whilst I wait for it to cool and have a fag. then instead of water I thought, hey, why not use the pineapple juice as coolant fluid for the beer bottle and off two birds with one stone :)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What creative or inspired solution to a problem did you come up with today?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 06:12:42 PM »
My daughter needed a lap desk to keep her from putting her laptop on her bed and overheating it(we just got it back from the service center the day before yesterday). I wanted something nicer than the 3/4 inch plywood I made mine out of and I didn't want to buy anything, then I saw the  oak coffee table that I have not been able to sell so I cut one out of the top.  I just put the third coat of poly on it before I logged on and it will be ready in the morning
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: What creative or inspired solution to a problem did you come up with today?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 06:15:50 PM »
Actually had a brilliant idea today to track my auditing. It requires a request for a system coding change, so will have to bug my boss. It's too busy right now and will have to wait, but a mental stickynote for later. Still, yes, came up with an extremely creative and inspired solution to a problem today.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
  At work, we often make tapioca, and we used to cook it in the big kettle, which was awkward,
  because a fair amount of the tapioca would slip under the strainer and the pudding would end up
  too watery.  We've always boiled the milk for the mashed potatoes by putting the mixing bowl
  full of milk into the kettle, double boiler style.  I got us to start doing the tapioca double boiler
  style too.  Result:  All the milk and tapioca powder stay in the mixing bowl ---> better tapioca.  8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
  We also make peanut buuter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches sometimes at work, and the
  fluff is like glue.  It's almost impossible to spread it without tearing the bread to shreds ... unless
  you make the sandwiches with bread straight from the freezer.  My friend at work adopted that
  system and it made her life so much easier on PB and fluff day!  Frozen bread is easy to work with.  8)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:37:54 PM by couldbecousin »

People forget.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Got all 11 video game consoles wired up to one tv and reasonably neat and organized, still two more left, and may actually be able to add them in.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
  I had to make vegetable soup yesterday at work, and I started with too much water, so that the broth
  was weak and lacking flavor.  I added some more of the processed vegetable base that we use, but that
  really only added salty flavor IMO.  So I tried adding some marinara sauce ... magic!  That's going to be
  my new go-to secret weapon in any batch of clear soup I make at work from now on.  Delicious.  :2thumbsup:

People forget.