Educational

Author Topic: If I were dictator....  (Read 407 times)

Frolic_Fun

If I were dictator....
« on: September 25, 2009, 08:58:44 AM »
Just a simple exercise for anyone who's willing. If you were given the chance to be dictator, what would you do? Explain in detail. Do remember though that this is tongue-in-cheek, not meant to be taken seriously or anything. I'm sure a lot of people would just be as bad... or worse. :laugh:

I always wondered on how I'd run a country, writing/drawing up plans on how it'll work and think about my general method. There's a lot of things I disagree with in this country, so I guess that's where the thought came from. It is fascinating to think about it, how I address issues such as education etc. In reality it'll be highly unlikely that it'll happen though. There's some reasons on why:

-I'm too lazy. I'd rather sleep in bed and go online, not run a country.

-I'm not exactly the leader type. I'm quiet and introverted, so I've as much influence as a brick wall.

-Too difficult. Getting to power will be nearly impossible without such influence.

-It'll most likely fail very quickly. Human nature is a funny thing. People have different preferences.

-I don't look the part. Dictators usually wear grand, distinct clothes. Usually of a military style. My clothing is quite plain, almost Amish like. Physical looks don't matter though, look at that eejit from N. Korea for example.... a chink version of my dad.

Anyways, best go straight to the topic.

First of all in order to get into power, I've to lead a coup and install myself into government. Judging by the utterly shit military and police force in Ireland, that should be pretty easy if I had enough people, decent tactics and capable weaponry. I'll probably blow up Dublin for laughs while I'm at it, after all it's pretty much a fucking shit city in many aspects (except the photography shops, but they're always great to me).

Once I'm declared absolute ruler of Ireland and got rid of any opposition capable of overthrowing me, these woud be some of my decisions:

-Commerical fashion would be banned. I really fucking hate it as of late due to the sheer pretentiousness of it. People buy all sorts of clothes even though they do the exact same job, no matter how different they look. Why? Asthetics. Wearing clothes in order to look good is a retarded idea to me, since most of it isn't even functional. I would replace this commercial pretentious bollocks with similar, bland looking clothes, based on the “function over form” concept. People would be encouraged to wear it, but are allowed to express themselves. This will be intentionally difficult due to a lack of commerical fashion presence. They'll have to “roll their own” in other words.

-People will be taught the delusion of individuality and freedom. Humans are social creatures in nature, anything we do is based on the ideas of others, even subcounciously. No matter how one tries to be non-conforming, they're still conforming because there's plenty of “non-conformists” out there. These people share the same desire to be non-conforming, and thus are involved in direct/indirect groupthink, which is the height of conformity. In other words, we're all sheep and freedom is impossible since we're not capable of entirelly thinking on our own. You, I, everyone. This will be taught in schools to young students and people in general, to remove as much delusions and pretensions as possible.

-Conformity will be embraced. The motto of this will be “conformity is consistency”. The reason behind this would be that because people will be encouraged to dress the same and think the same, it'll help them obtain consistent results on whatever they do. Although thinking and dressing “different” isn't seen as non-conforming due to people being stripped of the delusion of individuality, they'll just give different consistent results. Both would be the same since both would be consistent.

-Function over form. Decoration and pretenstion would not be offically recognized and certain aspects of it will be banned (ie. Commercial fashion). Anything designed will be prioritized in function, the asthetics will be last, only used to make them look “functional” and bland.

-Leadership would be transparent. Despite me having absolute control over nearly every aspect of the country, most people won't even know who I am. I will be a mysterious “big brother” like figure, it's personality cult attracted to that rather than myself. This would help stop assassinations and I'll endure less paranoia. Also, I'll be able to walk down the streets without many people recognizing me. The rest of the government would just be called “The Group”, who will also be unknown. For public speeches etc, myself and my partisans will have out heads covered in cloaks to conceal our identites. Our voices would also be altered by vocoders.

-Education would be stricter, but free to everyone. Things like corporal punishment will be re-introduced, as I feel that it has helped somewhat in the past. Students who fail will be banned from education forever and automatically not entitled for a house, job or money. In other words, they will be made homeless. Students will be given pills to sharpen their attention spans and various other drugs to surpress reckless behaviour. It will be free to everyone though, despite their status.

-Healthcare would be prioritized. I will try my best to give good health services for people, as I believe that bad health will lead to bad performance and consistency. Mental health issues would be tackled by drugs and no-ethics research. If one still isn't feeling better, they will be also be disallowed the services my government will provide, just like the failed students.

-Non-ethical research. Scientific research will have no ties to ethics or morals, as I feel it's holding back technological advancement. Humans will be tested on, providing they give consent, the main exception is people who are unable to function normally. Other animals will be tested on without restriction. Any opposition to either will be ignored unless the matter got violent, then it'll be countered by violent force.

-Political correctness will be disregarded. While everyone regardless of race or colour would have the same rights and entitlements, there will be no control against people offending others. Racism would not be a crime since despite that everyone having the same rights, they also have the rights to deny the rights of others. People who get offended will simply be ignored.

-Criticism is allowed. Despite me being dictator, people are allowed to criticise me. That said, their voices will not change anything since it will not be a democracy. Only violent opposition will be surpressed. Any attempt from the army/police etc. to retaliate simple criticism with arrests/violence will have their officers and men punished. Punishment is determined by the level of actions they do. People want a leader who is competent, strong but also human. Past attempts of dictatorship failed because they were whingy morons who couldn't take criticism, I believe.

-Eugenics will be practiced. Babies would be determined by genetic faults and other defects. Any bad defects that can't be treated by then would make it obvious that the child is not capable of being a productive consistent person and thus executed/given to research in hope of being able to solve such problems. If any genetic problems are not found at that time, the child will be assessed until they're at least 5-6 years old and again at 12-13 to see if any genetic/mental/physical problems arise. Like the babies, if no treatment etc. is able to sort out such problems, the affected child would be also executed/given to research.

-State would be secular. While people would be allowed to worship their religion, the state will have no links or endorsement to any of them. Extremists of any religion would be arrested/executed.

So yes, that's a taste of how I'd do things.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 09:04:41 AM by MrShledge »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: If I were dictator....
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 09:00:48 AM »
I'd annihilate everyone then shove dynamite up my ass and blow myself up, thus solving the planet's problem of humanity

Blasted

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 09:17:07 AM »
Clothes are wonderful  8)

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
Removing people failing in school/work would mean you would remove yourself.
Kick me

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 10:19:39 AM »
This is hypothetical, of course I'd have to be actually capable of doing such stuff. IRL I can't, which I've already pointed out.

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 10:22:45 AM »
This is hypothetical, of course I'd have to be actually capable of doing such stuff. IRL I can't, which I've already pointed out.

I don't want to be a benevolent and responsible dictator at all. I want to be a lone madman dressed like a fascist dictator but that's where the similarities end. I would unlock hidden magical secrets and steal top secret technological weaponry to create chaos. I would also steal a giant space battle cruiser to travel around in and if people tried bringing me down I would phase through walls, float in mid air in my riding boots and shoot fireballs from my trenchcoat.

I would hide in lawless parts of this galaxy or some other, where smugglers ruled the skies. There I would have an underground fortress made from an abandonded research station hidden deep in a rocky, volcanic lake.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 10:26:08 AM by Soleiyu »
Kick me

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 10:23:55 AM »
You watch far too much anime. :orly:

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 10:27:44 AM »
You watch far too much anime. :orly:

It beats reality. The worlds in games and anime are a lot better than the real world.
Kick me

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 10:30:07 AM »
I prefer the real world, it's brutality and injustice fascinates me.

But yeah, whatever floats your boat etc.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 12:12:57 PM »
Wasn't some of this covered in the 'If You Were Hitler...' thread?

Offline RPM1978

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 07:02:44 PM »
If I were a Dictator I would be building a prison in Alaska to lock up molestors, and make them pump oil without pay.

Amnesty International would be jailed for protesting against this idea too lol

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 07:36:52 PM »
I really wouldn't care what people did as long as they stayed out of my 100 mile diameter exclusion zone
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw