Author Topic: Transgendered kids  (Read 5238 times)

Blasted

Re: Transgendered kids
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2009, 12:41:12 PM »
Oh yeah cause as a parent you know much better than anyone else right?  Maybe you should try being a kid again.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2009, 12:48:59 PM »
"keep certain parts of yourself private" is not the same as "pretend to be something you're not in every aspect of your life except when you're alone"

and being trans is not about attention-seeking. transvestites might sometimes do it for attention, like some drag queens. but actually being transgendered isn't. what trans people want 99% of the time is just to be able to blend into society as whatever gender they are. yeah i get a lot of dumb comments when people can't tell what sex i am, but i definitely don't ask for that and while i'm not offended by it, i also don't want it
No, what they want is to change the social contract for themselves, like any other grouping which has decided they are special. Its ridiculous.

hmm... wrong. you think you know what transgendered people want more than someone who is trans themselves? we don't want to be special. we want the opposite, if anything. it's everyone else that treats me differently, not myself. i just see myself as any other person and would rather be treated as such.

In the same way someone who isn't anorexic knows they should eat food. Most men accept the fact they have a dick, most women accept they have boobs. Of course, some have to be awkward and buck the trend for no good reason. Its not like you are Caster Semenya.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2009, 12:53:04 PM »
Oh yeah cause as a parent you know much better than anyone else right?  Maybe you should try being a kid again.

As someone with AS, part of my personality is mature and other parts arn't. I haven't forget what It's like to be a kid. But as a parent, I've realised that some thing I hated as a child were for my own good and I take the time to explain that to my kids. I also tell them that I know they feel it unfair.

Being a parent full time is never over. I'm going to be raising kids under the age of 18 for 32 years if we don't have any more. The buck stops with me. It's not like baby sitting where you get to hand them back.

But one thing, I do know better than anyone else how to raise MY kids.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2009, 12:56:13 PM »
"keep certain parts of yourself private" is not the same as "pretend to be something you're not in every aspect of your life except when you're alone"

and being trans is not about attention-seeking. transvestites might sometimes do it for attention, like some drag queens. but actually being transgendered isn't. what trans people want 99% of the time is just to be able to blend into society as whatever gender they are. yeah i get a lot of dumb comments when people can't tell what sex i am, but i definitely don't ask for that and while i'm not offended by it, i also don't want it
No, what they want is to change the social contract for themselves, like any other grouping which has decided they are special. Its ridiculous.

hmm... wrong. you think you know what transgendered people want more than someone who is trans themselves? we don't want to be special. we want the opposite, if anything. it's everyone else that treats me differently, not myself. i just see myself as any other person and would rather be treated as such.

In the same way someone who isn't anorexic knows they should eat food. Most men accept the fact they have a dick, most women accept they have boobs. Of course, some have to be awkward and buck the trend for no good reason. Its not like you are Caster Semenya.

what? I don't think you really understand what being transgendered is. And you make a lot of assumptions about me. You don't know the first thing about me here, other than that I'm trans

Blasted

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2009, 12:59:04 PM »

But one thing, I do know better than anyone else how to raise MY kids.

A lot of parents say that and look how many of them end up fucking their kids up.  Not suggesting you will though.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2009, 01:03:40 PM »

what? I don't think you really understand what being transgendered is. And you make a lot of assumptions about me. You don't know the first thing about me here, other than that I'm trans

You have posted enough, its not that difficult to figure it out. Asides, being transgendered is another thing people have invented and letting 9 yo's do it is just disgusting tbh. FFS, they still believe in the tooth fairy and santa in most cases at that age.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2009, 01:04:03 PM »
also there's no perfect way to raise your kids. even good parents will get things wrong, especially regarding things they don't fully understand

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2009, 01:05:20 PM »
FFS, they still believe in the tooth fairy and santa in most cases at that age.

why do you have such a problem with people being trans/gay/bi?

i'm pretty sure you've been asked this numerous times on here, but you've never actually demonstrated HOW exactly they affect you at all

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2009, 01:10:07 PM »
and kids sometimes get confused and experiment with their sexuality, if they dont turn out gey though then it's not the end of the world

obviously this is bigger than that, but if they feel this way at the time, let them be themselves

this isn't just one more rule to follow, and especially not once they're 15, 16, 17

you're really saying that if your teenage kid told you they were trans, you'd force them to dress like a boy (if they were physically male) and prevent them doing anything "female"?

adding this "rule" is likely to cause more damage than allowing a kid to be themselves and then finding that they realise they're not trans after all
Being "trans" is yet another excuse for someone who can't handle life to avoid a few social rules and expectations. Like religion or any other lifestyle choice, if you can get enough gullable morons to agree with you, then it becomes socially acceptable.

There is no evidence whatsoever that being "trans" is a real psychological condition.

What exactly is your onedimensional definition of "life"? Please excuse the irony but "get a haircut and get a job" people like you belong as slaves or in concentration camps. That's all you're good for.

Hang on, I am supposed to spend all my day wanking away, like you do? Give me a break.

That didn't answer anything. You lash out against trans people and others, but you still haven't given your definition on "life".

You are NT right?
Kick me

Blasted

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2009, 01:12:23 PM »
 :lol:

That should be Soleiyu's custom title, "Are you NT?"

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2009, 01:12:35 PM »

i'm pretty sure you've been asked this numerous times on here, but you've never actually demonstrated HOW exactly they affect you at all

I have a problem with all lifestyle choices getting special priveleges, whilst people on the spectrum are getting fucked over big time over things actually out of our control. I think I have been pretty clear about this in the past.

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2009, 01:26:11 PM »

I have a problem with all lifestyle choices getting special priveleges, whilst people on the spectrum are getting fucked over big time over things actually out of our control. I think I have been pretty clear about this in the past.

You are among the ones who fuck people on the spectrum over with your narrow-minded view on lifestyle and work. Everyone with AS can't work, for example. It's completely individual and depends on how your life situation looks. Everyone can't change their situation, so everyone can't work.
Kick me

Blasted

« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2009, 01:29:10 PM »
Does anyone else find it equally hilarious to see Soleiyu preach to someone about being narrow-minded?  :orly:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2009, 01:33:39 PM »

You are among the ones who fuck people on the spectrum over with your narrow-minded view on lifestyle and work. Everyone with AS can't work, for example. It's completely individual and depends on how your life situation looks. Everyone can't change their situation, so everyone can't work.
Erm, lets check out some statistics:
  • 15% of HFA / AS people are in full time employment
  • Most people on the spectrum when asked what would make a biggest improvement in their lives, said "a job"
  • The next thing they wanted was proper support.

What I advocate is that we get a fair set of opportunities and treatment, like the vast majority of people on the spectrum want. Though of course you have to be a rebel and be Pete Burns, dont you?
[/list]

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2009, 02:07:17 PM »

Erm, lets check out some statistics:
    • 15% of HFA / AS people are in full time employment
    • Most people on the spectrum when asked what would make a biggest improvement in their lives, said "a job"
    • The next thing they wanted was proper support.

What I advocate is that we get a fair set of opportunities and treatment, like the vast majority of people on the spectrum want. Though of course you have to be a rebel and be Pete Burns, dont you?
    [/list]

I would like to just disappear into a fantasy world forever, that would make the biggest change to my life. Even if I had a job it would just serve as an excuse to daydream. Wherever I go, whatever I do, I daydream. A job for me would just be about finding the little moments and achieving a meditative state of mind, just like school was. I drifted off into my fantasies while waiting for the bus, I dreamed myself away in the late afternoon or the setting sun, on a rainy day I could be alone in the library imagining things etc... That's what reality is to me.

A job would just be a way of doing something actively while daydreaming. I can never be "there" the way others are, I'm too introverted.
    Kick me