Educational

Author Topic: Transgendered kids  (Read 5243 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Transgendered kids
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2009, 06:47:16 PM »
What would you do if they discovered being a tran or gay was a mental illness?

lol, transsexuality is still technically classed as a mental illness. or was last time i checked. being gay was at one point as well. i would strongly disagree if it was claimed the latter was a mental illness again, but what do you mean what would I do? would I no longer think they deserve equal rights? of course not, I would still support gay rights.

Offline Untermensch

• Galactic Dictator
  • Constant Poster
  • Sub-human scum
« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2009, 07:11:04 PM »
Your gender is all in your mind.    It is something created by society, so it isn't really that important to me.   Worrying about what gender role box you fit into isn't really a productive thing to be concerned with... there are a lot of things that are more important in life.    I don't understand why people can't be content with what they are born with, as far as genitals go.

You look at brain scans which have been done of Male to Female transsexuals; it shows their brain structure is like that of a woman's as opposed to a man's.

Anybody knows of the case of David Reimer, who after a botched circumcision the doctors decided wanted to raise as a girl. These medical doctors preformed gender reassignment surgeries, hormone treatment and various psychological treatments to order to make this guy into a girl.

It was a total failure although, because when 'Brenda' as he was called grew up, decided to indentify as a male instead.

The transcript of the program I watched about this whole subject. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/transcripts/2813gender.html

It is all convincing to me that gender identity is in the brain and this gender indentity is set, when we are still in our mother’s womb.
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
-- Richard Dawkins

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2009, 07:16:29 PM »
    Erm, lets check out some statistics:
    • 15% of HFA / AS people are in full time employment
    • Most people on the spectrum when asked what would make a biggest improvement in their lives, said "a job"
    • The next thing they wanted was proper support.

What I advocate is that we get a fair set of opportunities and treatment, like the vast majority of people on the spectrum want. Though of course you have to be a rebel and be Pete Burns, dont you?
    [/list]
    Where are those stats from?
    it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
    I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
    You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
    • SINBINNED
    • Intense Poster
    « Reply #153 on: September 22, 2009, 07:19:32 PM »
      • Most people on the spectrum when asked what would make a biggest improvement in their lives, said "a job"

What I advocate is that we get a fair set of opportunities and treatment, like the vast majority of people on the spectrum want. Though of course you have to be a rebel and be Pete Burns, dont you?
      [/list]

I've seen those statistics before. 85-90% of spectrum people are outside of work.

The only job I want is as Führer or superstar.
      Kick me

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
      • News Box Slave
      • Almighty Postwhore
      « Reply #154 on: September 22, 2009, 07:33:50 PM »

[/list]

I've seen those statistics before. 85-90% of spectrum people are outside of work.

Very good, Soleiyu.  You have added immesurably to my faith in those statistics.  *pats Soleiyu on the head and gives him a cookie*
        it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
        I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
        You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
        • SINBINNED
        • Intense Poster
        « Reply #155 on: September 22, 2009, 07:38:24 PM »

[/list]

Very good, Soleiyu.  You have added immesurably to my faith in those statistics.  *pats Soleiyu on the head and gives him a cookie*

I just commented on it, little american whore.
          Kick me

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
          • Elder
          • Obsessive Postwhore
          • Socially retarded
          « Reply #156 on: September 22, 2009, 08:20:04 PM »
          Your gender is all in your mind.    It is something created by society, so it isn't really that important to me.   Worrying about what gender role box you fit into isn't really a productive thing to be concerned with... there are a lot of things that are more important in life.    I don't understand why people can't be content with what they are born with, as far as genitals go.

You look at brain scans which have been done of Male to Female transsexuals; it shows their brain structure is like that of a woman's as opposed to a man's.

Anybody knows of the case of David Reimer, who after a botched circumcision the doctors decided wanted to raise as a girl. These medical doctors preformed gender reassignment surgeries, hormone treatment and various psychological treatments to order to make this guy into a girl.

It was a total failure although, because when 'Brenda' as he was called grew up, decided to indentify as a male instead.

The transcript of the program I watched about this whole subject. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/transcripts/2813gender.html

It is all convincing to me that gender identity is in the brain and this gender indentity is set, when we are still in our mother’s womb.

The concept of gender identity is in the human brain.   Animals don't worry about it at all.    There are homosexual and bisexual animals, but they don't give a shit about their "gender".     Of course it is set, because people have these things called personalities, and that is all gender identity is.   People just choose to invent the gender ROLE system that gives people their gender identity.   It is sad that people define themselves by their gender.    A lot of male to female transsexuals take hormones so they of course would have similar brain patterns to a woman in that case.   They don't have to change their gender or their sex.   A person's gender doesn't have to match their sex imo.   It would be easier if they could find a way to be content with what they were born with regardless of gender.   
          :P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Adam

• Elder
          • Almighty Postwhore
          « Reply #157 on: September 22, 2009, 08:23:59 PM »
          it's easier to give hormones/surgery then to change an entire person's brain.
          And I don't think many people define themselves by their gender. It just becomes a huge part of what they are because they've had to suffer a lot because of it. Society places a HUGE emphasis on gender (more so than any other of the main identity bollocks IMO), it's just that most of it is very subtle and isn't noticed by most non-trans people, because it has no effect on them. Also a lot of transgendered people aren't transsexual and have no desire to change their body in any way

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
          • Elder
          • Obsessive Postwhore
          • Less Than Meets The Eye
          « Reply #158 on: September 23, 2009, 03:37:37 AM »
          Just to be clear, I don't believe in hadrons wacky ideas even though I agree that parents shouldn't let their kids act out their trans in society until they are of legal ago to make their own choices about said subject.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
          • Elder
          • Insane Postwhore
          • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
            • Into the Wild
          « Reply #159 on: September 23, 2009, 06:16:06 AM »

[/list]

The UK National Autistic Society.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
            • Elder
            • Postwhore
            « Reply #160 on: September 25, 2009, 08:09:51 AM »
            Of course, some have to be awkward and buck the trend for no good reason.
            It's so obvious, Haddy! They [we] exult in their [our] strangeness because it confuses and annoys you and violates your sense of decency and order. Inconsiderate bastards.  :lol:

Offline Adam

• Elder
            • Almighty Postwhore
            « Reply #161 on: September 26, 2009, 12:32:07 PM »
            Now this is a good example of PC bollocks:
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8276255.stm

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
            • Dedicated Postwhore
            • I do not have the right not to do so
            « Reply #162 on: September 26, 2009, 12:35:10 PM »

Sounds a lot like what you do actually.
            "No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
            Fatality waits in the wings
            Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
            Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Adam

• Elder
            • Almighty Postwhore
            « Reply #163 on: September 26, 2009, 12:36:36 PM »
            Hi benjina, you big faggot  :ghey:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
            • Elder
            • Almighty Postwhore
            • well known as hyke.
            « Reply #164 on: September 26, 2009, 05:19:34 PM »

LOL, that brings back memories.

Years ago a picture of me and a fellow student appeared on the cover of a gay magazine.
            The picture had been taken on a conference about feminism and gay issues in religion.
            The friend got mad, because she did not want to be seen as gay.
            And the magazine got mad, when they found out they had a cover with two women who both were in a straight relation.

The photographer and I had a great laugh about it.
            I can do upside down chocolate moo things!