Author Topic: Five more years of these ARSEHOLES  (Read 284 times)

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
Five more years of these ARSEHOLES
« on: May 08, 2015, 03:27:54 AM »
Can hardly breathe. Off to Azeroth to kill shit, otherwise I'm just going to fume all day. We are so fucked.

(wtf? youtube not embedding. )
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 03:30:28 AM by Lord of the Ales »
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Five more years of these ARSEHOLES
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 04:12:12 AM »
Saw the title, and thought it was a post by Adam.

My condolences Dunc.

Newspaper here was suggesting there could be a shimmer of hope because of the Scottish party doing so well that they could bring Labour in charge in collaboration.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 04:20:45 AM »
Nope. Labour were all but wiped out in Scotland, and were unable to take many seats off the Tories in England. Why? Scaremongering perhaps played a part with the Tories spending most of the campaign shrieking about the dangers of a Labour/SNP coalition, i.e. those greedy Jocks holding the country to ransom. The other factors are that the LibDem collapse in the south west largely benefitted the Tories as Labour don't have much of a presence there; and in the North many working class former Labour voters switched to UKIP, splitting the anti Tory vote.

Either way the slimy fuckers have crawled over the line with what's left of the LibDems - an overall majority may even have occured (still a few seats to declare). This can't end well. Services in tatters, social security further shredded, the country starved of investment, the prospect of the Scots leaving, and a referendum of leaving the EU to keep the Kippers happy (and fuck the millions of jobs which depend on being part of the EU).

We're doomed I tell you  :headhurts:
arsebiscuits!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 04:22:33 AM »
You need a proper voting system. Those electorates are not making it any fairer either.

Fearmongering should be forbidden for politicians. But alas, all seem to thrive more and more on it.  :thumbdn:

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 04:29:48 AM »
If the last two (three? Lab governed alone with only 35% of the vote in 2005) British general elections prove anything, its that the 'First Past The Post' system is no longer fit for purpose. In the fifties 90%+ would vote for one of the two 'big' parties - at this point we're down to about 65%. Disenfranchising the bulk of the other 35% unless their support is highly geographically concentrated. We really need proprtional representation like most civilised countries.
arsebiscuits!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 04:35:00 AM »
If the last two (three? Lab governed alone with only 35% of the vote in 2005) British general elections prove anything, its that the 'First Past The Post' system is no longer fit for purpose. In the fifties 90%+ would vote for one of the two 'big' parties - at this point we're down to about 65%. Disenfranchising the bulk of the other 35% unless their support is highly geographically concentrated. We really need proprtional representation like most civilised countries.

That would help a bit. Would at least give a sense of fairness.

Would take away the need for vote swapping too.

But when parties are all over the place like here, (last time there were over 20 parties to vote for, IIRC) it still is shit. Here we now have a "marriage out of necessity" parliament right now. It is combining the worst of both major parties involved it seems. And it has no clear vision or line, apart from tearing any security there is for people to pieces.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 12:23:13 PM »
I don't understand how this could happen. While there is a lot to be wished in regards to the EU, leaving it is hardly an option. I for one depend on it for work right now.

Lots of angry people in the pubs tonight, I guess.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 04:53:02 AM »
I mainly get my news from newspapers lately. So had not seen how much the tories won.

They gave a proportional representation outcome too. Very different outcome.

Guess the tories will not be in favour for a proportional representation reform.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 03:44:54 PM »
Someone said on the TV yesterday that Cameron was now praying to god that the EU referendum he promised would end with a "yes".
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 02:14:01 AM »
The NHS was full while it lasted  :'(

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 02:16:46 AM »
Big victory for the DUP too.  :'(

If you're going to vote out a political party for selling it's soul, it's probably not a good idea to vote in the party it sold it's soul to and give them all the power they want in the process.

It's also probably not a very good idea to vote for Dumb Useless Pricks (DUP) either. Unless you actually hate the disabled, the elderly, the poor, the LGBT community, immigrants, Muslims, ethnic minorities, the unemployed, the NHS, young people and well just about everyone else who's going to get fucked over in the next five years in both Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.

Here's to five more years of bullshit.