Author Topic: What if all grocery stores were like this?  (Read 1116 times)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: What if all grocery stores were like this?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 07:54:37 AM »
With drive through, there is all this pressure to do everything in a timely fashion, like deciding what you want then and there, even if 5 mins ago you knew exactly what you wanted.

The drive through menu and microphone/speaker bitch have this magical power to erase you mind.

Don't you mean... their own minds and fuck your clearly voiced order up? You wouldn't believe the amount of times I've experienced them fuck up an order at McDonald's, KFC or Burger King.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 10:13:24 AM »

With drive through, there is all this pressure to do everything in a timely fashion, like deciding what you want then and there, even if 5 mins ago you knew exactly what you wanted.

The drive through menu and microphone/speaker bitch have this magical power to erase you mind.

Don't you mean... their own minds and fuck your clearly voiced order up? You wouldn't believe the amount of times I've experienced them fuck up an order at McDonald's, KFC or Burger King.

If I worked there and got paid what they get paid, I wouldn't give a shit either.

What, you wanted a grilled chicken? I can't find that button on the register. Fuck it, you're getting a big mac. Supersized too, fuckers.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 10:14:42 AM »
Fair enough. :laugh:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 01:13:02 PM »

If I worked there and got paid what they get paid, I wouldn't give a shit either.

What, you wanted a grilled chicken? I can't find that button on the register. Fuck it, you're getting a big mac. Supersized too, fuckers.

Except when they lose their job because I complained enough that I get an entire new meal for free.

Sometimes I complain even when I haven't been for the free meal  :green:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »
The best mistake you can ever get in a Happy Meal is getting two toys except they are both the same. That had happened to us so many times but it happened to my brothers more when I was little. But we already be on the road when we notice we have another toy in our bag.

The worst mistake we ever had was I was nine years old and we were heading to the Oregon coast for the Hood to Coast to meet our dad there and we had one of my dad's friend's kid's with us because his mother was also in the Hood to Coast and we stopped at a McDonalds on the way out of town and boy did the people there screw up our orders bad. I was given the wrong toy, a boy toy instead of a female toy and one of my brothers got a female toy so we traded and Bryce (the friend's kid) got a female toy so my mom had to grab the bags and run inside and get the correct toys. Then she came back out and one of us notices we had two burgers so my mom had to run back inside and get the fries. We keep finding more errors before my mom could even start the car so she had to run back inside like five more times before everything was alright. It was a good thing we checked our food before mom pulled out of the parking lot. That was one moment where our orders were so screwed up it took my mom five trips to get it corrected because my brothers and the boy kept finding mistakes with their order while mine was the wrong toy and wrong hamburger. We always had to check our meals right after we get them when we go to fast food places because our parents didn't want to turn the car around to get our order fixed.
I can remember a similar incident when I was in middle school and it was in our hometown in Montana and my dad said they were stupid because they screwed up our order a few times in one day.

Blasted

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 04:29:30 PM »
I remember the best Happy Meal I've ever had was in Burger King in Poland when I was a tot.  It must have been a special occasion or the store's anniversary or something cause they were giving away full sized Barbie/Sindy/whatever dolls for the whole day.  'Twas awesome  8)

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 06:24:43 PM »

Except when they lose their job because I complained enough that I get an entire new meal for free.

Sometimes I complain even when I haven't been for the free meal  :green:

The Maccas drive-through I go to has a screen that displays a list of all the things you've ordered. If the screen isn't working, I get whoever is taking the order to read it back to me. Even then, the occasional mixup occurs. Back in my worst OCD days I would get into a huge snit about it, but these days it just doesn't seem worth the effort.  :yawn:

Oh, and Phlexor? What you said about mind erasure is absolutely true. I opened my mouth and could have sworn I had said "McChicken," yet everyone else in the car claimed that I said "Big Mac," and indeed that is what they gave me. No idea how that happened. *scratches head*

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 07:07:41 PM »
I remember the best Happy Meal I've ever had was in Burger King in Poland when I was a tot.  It must have been a special occasion or the store's anniversary or something cause they were giving away full sized Barbie/Sindy/whatever dolls for the whole day.  'Twas awesome  8)

The best Happy meal toy my daughter got was on United Airlines.  She got a replica of the food truck that loads the meals onto United's airplanes.

The Maccas drive-through I go to has a screen that displays a list of all the things you've ordered. If the screen isn't working, I get whoever is taking the order to read it back to me. Even then, the occasional mixup occurs. Back in my worst OCD days I would get into a huge snit about it, but these days it just doesn't seem worth the effort.  :yawn:

Oh, and Phlexor? What you said about mind erasure is absolutely true. I opened my mouth and could have sworn I had said "McChicken," yet everyone else in the car claimed that I said "Big Mac," and indeed that is what they gave me. No idea how that happened. *scratches head*

If they mess up my order, it really doesn't bother me unless the food is cold, but if they mess up my husband's order and put mayonnaise or mustard on his sandwich, it ruins his day.

So if I'm getting something for him, I always check the order before I pull away from the drive through.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 08:29:09 PM »
I don't understand why having your order messed up is a big deal to some people. How hard is it to take it back up to the counter and tell them what you really ordered and show them what they got you instead so they can replace it?  :violin:

Also when you get your food in the drive through. Always check to make sure they got it right. How hard is that?

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 08:31:29 PM »
I don't understand why having your order messed up is a big deal to some people. How hard is it to take it back up to the counter and tell them what you really ordered and show them what they got you instead so they can replace it?  :violin:

Also when you get your food in the drive through. Always check to make sure they got it right. How hard is that?

It gets annoying when it happens nearly every fucking time.

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • quit fucking with my dogs equilibrium yo
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 07:03:04 AM »
NO PICKLES AND NO FUCKING TOMATOES GODAMN IT OR IM GONNA FUCKING THROW THE BURGER IN YOUR FUCKING FACE

they gave me extra mayo, and not the good kind.

its not a big deal but it makes me irate that they have computers and systems in place so that i get it the way i want it.

they are not retarded theyre just pissed that they have the most demeaning job ever, and they just dont give a shit.
feix ma spellan. ai nide halp. coz i caent duet.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 09:30:41 AM »
NO PICKLES AND NO FUCKING TOMATOES GODAMN IT OR IM GONNA FUCKING THROW THE BURGER IN YOUR FUCKING FACE

they gave me extra mayo, and not the good kind.

its not a big deal but it makes me irate that they have computers and systems in place so that i get it the way i want it.

they are not retarded theyre just pissed that they have the most demeaning job ever, and they just dont give a shit.

But really, they can fuck themselves in the ear. It's better than no job.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2009, 11:50:02 AM »

If they put onions on my burger when I asked them not to or if they didn't put pickles when I asked for them, I could just pick off the onions if I didn't want to eat them and I can eat a burger without pickles, but if they put mayonnaise or mustard on my husband's burger, he can still taste it even if it's scraped off so they have to make him a whole new burger.  If he didn't find out until later they put mayonnaise or mustard on his burger, then he would have to drive back to the store for them to fix it.  You're right that if it's a big deal to people, they should just be careful to always check their drive through order before they drive away, so that's what I do if I get food for him from a drive through.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 12:28:03 PM »
Is your husband on the spectrum too?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2009, 07:28:13 PM »
Is your husband on the spectrum too?
You are probably going to get a PM now.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae