Author Topic: My Grandmother Eva died.  (Read 477 times)

Frolic_Fun

Re: My Grandmother Eva died.
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 05:16:21 PM »
When I die, I just want to be cremated. No funeral, no tears, no fuss.

No one knows what will happen when you die, some say you go into another existance, others say it's just black like an endless sleep. In reality the only way to find out for yourself is to die. Would be funny that after all these years being atheist/agnostic, that I find out that god is actually real. I'll give him the finger, moon at his divine shithole of a face, piss on jesus and hopefuly be able to share a nice beer with satan.

Blasted

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 05:18:51 PM »
I love you Shleed :green:

I want to be cremated with my ashes thrown around my favourite places.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 05:54:53 PM »

I told my friends when I die, I want to be cremated. Then I want them to sneak into a construction site where they are building a large bridge and dump my ashes into the concrete. One suggested we do it before I die. My friends are assholes.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 05:57:51 PM by earthboundmisfit »

TheoK

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 11:41:00 AM »
I read about one guy in the US, who was cremated and the ashes was then mixed with nitrocellulose in a munition factory. Yes, he was a gun freak.  :green:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 12:17:48 PM »
I read about one guy in the US, who was cremated and the ashes was then mixed with nitrocellulose in a munition factory. Yes, he was a gun freak.  :green:

Was it Hunter Thompson, the guy who had his ashes shot out of a cannon with fireworks in Colorado?

TheoK

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 12:24:05 PM »

Was it Hunter Thompson, the guy who had his ashes shot out of a cannon with fireworks in Colorado?

I don't remember his name but yes, possibly.  8)

Blasted

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 08:46:46 PM »
:( Sorry to hear about your grandmother's death. But I hope the funeral isn't just mourning but in celebration of her life.

I don't see a reason to mourn really. Energy cannot be destroyed so shes still existing in some way. I believe people graduate to another plane of existence.

I believe a form of that but somewhat differently.  Thought this might comfort you Kevv, something I wrote on a blog:

Reincarnation, a form of it anyway, exists.  Not the spiritual wishy-washy version though, of souls migrating from body or form and continuing to live on untouched.  First of all, I don't believe in such a thing as a soul.  For me it ranks up there with God and the tooth fairy.  Humans DO reincarnate but in a more scientifical and ultimately jaw-droppingly wonderful way.  When we die, our atoms dissasemble and move on to make new uses somewhere else.  We are made of atoms that have passed through millions of living beings and most certainly stars themselves.

We ARE made of "star stuff" as Carl Sagan said and a certain part of us (maybe not in the sense that most imagine such things happening) will always live on in others as others have lived on in us.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 08:52:44 PM by Bint »

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 03:06:17 AM »
:( Sorry to hear about your grandmother's death. But I hope the funeral isn't just mourning but in celebration of her life.

I don't see a reason to mourn really. Energy cannot be destroyed so shes still existing in some way. I believe people graduate to another plane of existence.

I think a PARTY is in order.

her soul went on but her personality died, that's why we mourn. because the body and mind die, and they were unique and cannot be made again. even when you clone it's another soul inside. it's a onetime experience when we have our meatsuits. i think it's sad.

anyway i'm sorry for your loss Kevv. it always hurts to lose people even if they lived a long time.
"the dreams we dream together become reality" - John Lemon

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 07:40:11 PM »
Grandmother is buried May She Rest in Peace.
Guardian of the Empire

P7PSP

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 08:25:54 PM »
RIP Grandma Eva.  :angel:

Offline iceman1985

• Incessant Poster
  • Bow to me!
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 08:00:23 AM »
I want a party at my funeral.  Not a sad biscuits and tea affair but a rave with tons of alcohol :thumbup:

However each person mourns in different ways.
i agree
but I would not want a rave
i would a little mellower party
My little piece of hell
stay the fuck out of it