Educational

Author Topic: 'War on Terror'  (Read 6110 times)

Offline jonathan79

• Part of the Chaos
Re: 'War on Terror'
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2007, 12:37:59 PM »
That post alone doesn't make you a moron, no. It merely makes you clueless. Your inability to remember or stand for what you've posted made you one. Pwned, again. You like the pain, don't you?

You are like the team who is losing 42-0 then celebrates a touchdown like they won the superbowl. 

And you really like to repeat yourself. Good for you. Eventually, you'll be able to remember most of what you post. Not that it's necessarily a good thing, considering the contents. I bet you meet a lot of new people every day.

According to McJ´s warning, you have a reputation on these boards of claiming victory with anything but a good argument, so, when one strikes gold one stops digging.  It´s obvious that you only hit rocks. 

Here´s a shirt for you and your amazing mental abilities:

\wear it proudly
\\never be ashamed of who you are
\\\good luck with the rock mine...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2007, 02:05:20 PM »
to clarify:
odeon is good, he is very good.
you just can't make concessions with him if you are in a debate.  because then you will be the only person giving....usually.

TOM is a bitch.  especially the older you get.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2007, 02:54:28 PM »
Judging from the fact that he was gone a week, licking his wounds no doubt, only to return with an image of a T-shirt... One can safely say that his argumentation technique is relaxed. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline jonathan79

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2007, 02:50:41 AM »
Judging from the fact that he was gone a week, licking his wounds no doubt, only to return with an image of a T-shirt... One can safely say that his argumentation technique is relaxed. :P

I was travelling for the past week.  The t-shirt was something I picked up for you.  Thanks for proving my point, you´ll claim victory with anything but a good argument.   

Offline jonathan79

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2007, 03:09:05 AM »
to clarify:
odeon is good, he is very good.

Meh, from what I´ve seen so far in this topic, he´s got the same ole routine as others who don´t have an original thought.

1) throw out general cliches which are unrelated to the topic at hand
2) refuse to outline their own position in order to be able to criticize without being open to the same
3) when all arguments fail, result to simple insults which can neither be attacked nor defended
4) claim victory at the slightest concession because that´s all they got

/not impressed
//perhaps he shines elsewhere
///definitely not this thread

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2007, 02:18:46 PM »
Jonathan,

You were the one to suggest converting the world's dictatorships to democracies. When I questioned the practicality of your suggestion, you repeatedly denied having suggested the conversion of more than one or two. After me quoting your original post, more than once, I might add, you had to acknowledge the naivety of the idea.

I offered my opinion that the Iraq war cannot be won, that it was in fact being lost even as we argued, and later pointed out that people with more experience in foreign policy than me seemed to agree with my modest notion. Yet you want to start at least one or two more (an improvement from your original grand plan, but still...), but never told us how.

I explained that even a very small, dirty a-bomb--such as the one the North Koreans possess--can do enough damage, and you had to agree, although you continued muttering that the war against North Koreans can still be won. How that would happen you didn't say.

So far, your argument seems to consist of denial, slight concessions, some vague opinions backed by no-one--and a t-shirt. Did I miss something?

I'd say you lost. Go hide another week or so. Who knows, maybe you'll find another t-shirt? *yawn*

P.S. This morning, Iran proudly announced their capability to produce industrial quantities of the Uranium isotope required to produce nuclear energy. I'm sure you'll want to wage war against them, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline jonathan79

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2007, 01:35:05 PM »
Jonathan,

You were the one to suggest converting the world's dictatorships to democracies. When I questioned the practicality of your suggestion, you repeatedly denied having suggested the conversion of more than one or two. After me quoting your original post, more than once, I might add, you had to acknowledge the naivety of the idea.

I offered my opinion that the Iraq war cannot be won, that it was in fact being lost even as we argued, and later pointed out that people with more experience in foreign policy than me seemed to agree with my modest notion. Yet you want to start at least one or two more (an improvement from your original grand plan, but still...), but never told us how.

I explained that even a very small, dirty a-bomb--such as the one the North Koreans possess--can do enough damage, and you had to agree, although you continued muttering that the war against North Koreans can still be won. How that would happen you didn't say.

So far, your argument seems to consist of denial, slight concessions, some vague opinions backed by no-one--and a t-shirt. Did I miss something?

I'd say you lost. Go hide another week or so. Who knows, maybe you'll find another t-shirt? *yawn*

P.S. This morning, Iran proudly announced their capability to produce industrial quantities of the Uranium isotope required to produce nuclear energy. I'm sure you'll want to wage war against them, too.

*yawn

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2007, 01:40:27 PM »
here guys, have some of this:   :coffee:
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2007, 02:22:59 PM »
Too late. Jonathan just lost it. :)

- Albert Einstein

Offline jonathan79

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2007, 12:15:02 PM »
Your ass was red enough, so I though that I´d give you a little break.  Whatever, who am I to argue if someone loves fisting and wearing diapers. 

Jonathan,

Still holding on to them glory days at Polk High eh Bundy?  Although you outdo Al by exagerating something pretty lame.  In no way did I admit anything about the "naivety" of anything.  Post the quote and prove your assertion, or take your free t-shirt and head home son.   

Your opinion?  Hah.  "The Iraq war is being lost, even as I write this. No "change of plans" will change that."  Seems more like a grand assertion to me. 

Also, the smartest man in the world used to believe that the world was flat.  I also seem to remember someone mentioning the origin fallacy somewhere back there.    Do a little reading, it might help. 

This is a rather simplistic view of what was said.  Thats okay my cycloptic colleague, I understand why you would have no depth perception considering your mental abilities.   Where did I say that the war against the North Koreans "can still be won"? I seem to remember saying invasion was possible, but thats about it.  You donßt need to outright win a war to achieve something.  Now, post the quote or STFU. 

You missed a lot.  I know its hard to pay attention when you ride the short bus, but really, try harder. 

*Checks on-line dictionaries.........Yep, apparently I´m not the only one who still uses the word "travelling" to mean travelling after the period that lapsed last week while I was travelling.  No, no more t-shirts for you.  I have sympathy, but no pity.  I´ve reached my charity limit for this year. 

Yes, in a few years... ;)

I seem to remember responding to all these accusations.  Go back and read the posts.  Nice strategy though, simply re-phrasing already answered attacks, I believe your bus is waiting for you. 

Meh, I´m over this.  You can claim victory all you want if it helps you sleep at night (I´m sure it does). 

The monkey can do one last dance if he wants too.  I´ll watch, but I won´t be putting anymore dimes in the music box. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2007, 03:48:29 PM »
Your ass was red enough, so I though that I´d give you a little break.  Whatever, who am I to argue if someone loves fisting and wearing diapers. 

Whatever. The only thing you got right above is that you're certainly not the one to argue--your cause is lost, your arguments non-existent, and your excuses more pathetic by the minute.

But let's examine your latest work:

Jonathan,

Still holding on to them glory days at Polk High eh Bundy?  Although you outdo Al by exagerating something pretty lame.  In no way did I admit anything about the "naivety" of anything.  Post the quote and prove your assertion, or take your free t-shirt and head home son.   

I quoted your foolishness here. You replied with this:

Okay, I posted that, I don't know what I was thinking.

In this, we agree. I don't know what you were thinking either. I was trying to be polite with writing off this one as "naive" but OK; let's hear it. What would YOU call it?

Your opinion?  Hah.  "The Iraq war is being lost, even as I write this. No "change of plans" will change that."  Seems more like a grand assertion to me. 

Also, the smartest man in the world used to believe that the world was flat.  I also seem to remember someone mentioning the origin fallacy somewhere back there.    Do a little reading, it might help. 

I've done some reading. Turns out that this guy Kissinger was a member of a US government that dealt with another disaster in foreign policy, the Vietnam war. It's really not that strange that he can see the similarities, don't you think? I don't know about his opinion of the shape of our world but his experience in this kind of thing is undeniable and his opinion probably weighs a bit more than yours in matters of foreign policy, eh?

This is a rather simplistic view of what was said.  Thats okay my cycloptic colleague, I understand why you would have no depth perception considering your mental abilities.   Where did I say that the war against the North Koreans "can still be won"? I seem to remember saying invasion was possible, but thats about it.  You donßt need to outright win a war to achieve something.  Now, post the quote or STFU. 

Certainly:

Also, I said replace dictatorships BEFORE they are able to produce WMD, not after, by then it's too late.  North Korea's nukes are no more powerful than a non-nuke right now.

I'd say that this is more than enough. You really don't know a thing about what makes nukes so different from the non-nukes, do you?

Remember your original grand idea?

This is also something that will take years to accomplish, as in order to stop this threat we must overthrow a large amount of dictatorships in order to acheive democratic stability throughout the world.

And, of course, the one you actually seem to remember:

I'm sure invading NK is still an option, but in 5-6 years, when they perfect the bomb, it certainly won't. 

"Invading", I take it, for you implies the same kind of chaos they have in Iraq right now. The body count is going up again, you know.

You missed a lot.  I know its hard to pay attention when you ride the short bus, but really, try harder. 

You keep saying that but where are your arguments? Where's your grand plan?

*Checks on-line dictionaries.........Yep, apparently I´m not the only one who still uses the word "travelling" to mean travelling after the period that lapsed last week while I was travelling.  No, no more t-shirts for you.  I have sympathy, but no pity.  I´ve reached my charity limit for this year. 

Yes, in a few years... ;)

I seem to remember responding to all these accusations.  Go back and read the posts.  Nice strategy though, simply re-phrasing already answered attacks, I believe your bus is waiting for you. 

Meh, I´m over this.  You can claim victory all you want if it helps you sleep at night (I´m sure it does). 

The monkey can do one last dance if he wants too.  I´ll watch, but I won´t be putting anymore dimes in the music box. 

:chicken:

Pwned. Hurts bad, doesn't it?

- Albert Einstein

Offline jonathan79

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2007, 03:15:09 AM »
Good job on taking statements out of context and twisting them.  Nice dance monkey, although not as enjoyble as the last few. 

/no dime for you 

Offline jonathan79

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2007, 03:32:13 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot... PWNED!!!!.

Have I won now? 

Thats the most stupid claim of victory that I have ever seen.  As if victory comes by simply typing in the word "Pwned".  Perhaps you should try and use this word to stop terrorism.   :wanker:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2007, 03:33:50 AM »
And Bush's true strategy is revealed.

Offline jonathan79

• Part of the Chaos