Author Topic: Vermont ranked the second safest state in the US  (Read 964 times)

TheoK

Re: Vermont ranked the second safest state in the US
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 04:52:51 PM »
Yes, here is one for 8295 kronor or $1069. It's a HK USP C 9 mm (.40 is rare in Sweden):

Heckler & Koch pistol USP Compact 9mm

P7PSP

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 04:56:16 PM »
HK makes good shit but they charge too fucking much, Glocks and Sigs do the job just as well. That said you would probably be quite happy with that HK if you could get it.

TheoK

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 05:03:42 PM »
HK makes good shit but they charge too fucking much, Glocks and Sigs do the job just as well. That said you would probably be quite happy with that HK if you could get it.

My dream is still a Beretta Cheetah 84. It looks so nice. Though I'll probably get some Eastern European illegal shit at most.  :-\

Offline TheOtherWindow

• Constant Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 05:08:00 PM »
*is somewhat amused by the firearms tangent in this thread*

I considered going to UVM... Burlington seems like a really great town.  :agreed:

P7PSP

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 05:15:15 PM »

My dream is still a Beretta Cheetah 84. It looks so nice. Though I'll probably get some Eastern European illegal shit at most.  :-\
The 380 doesn't have much power but Beretta does make fine pistols. The Makarov is tough as shit, I like mine it's 14 years old with over 6000 rounds through it and still in great shape.

I considered going to UVM... Burlington seems like a really great town.  :agreed:
Have you ever done any target shooting TOW? It is a lot of fun.

TheoK

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 05:19:20 PM »
The 380 doesn't have much power but Beretta does make fine pistols. The Makarov is tough as shit, I like mine it's 14 years old with over 6000 rounds through it and still in great shape.

Makarovs are pretty common on the black market here. You just have to find a willing dealer.  :angel:

Offline TheOtherWindow

• Constant Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 05:28:53 PM »

So I've heard... Never given it a try, though, given my complete and utter lack of dexterity.  8)  Does sound fun/intriguing, however.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 06:26:32 PM »

I have, but not recently.  I'm a pretty decent shot.

P7PSP

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 07:30:29 AM »
I've only been to the SW corner of Colorado Callaway, but that is good country for shooting. My brother used to live in Blanding Utah, I like that high country desert plateau stuff.

TheoK

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 07:33:21 AM »
The Midwest is BRAVE! :arrr:

P7PSP

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 07:40:47 AM »
As strange as it may seem to you Lit (it is to me) the midwest is actually East of the Mississippi River. Colorado and Utah are more the Intermountain West, but your point is noted.   :indeed:

TheoK

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 07:43:17 AM »
As strange as it may seem to you Lit (it is to me) the midwest is actually East of the Mississippi River. Colorado and Utah are more the Intermountain West, but your point is noted.   :indeed:

No, that's not so weird. "Middle Sweden" is pretty down south, while in reality the geographical middle point of Sweden is much more far north.  ;)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 09:35:52 AM »

No, that's not so weird. "Middle Sweden" is pretty down south, while in reality the geographical middle point of Sweden is much more far north.  ;)
Depends on how you decide what the middle point is, there are lots and lots of mathematical ways of doing it.

TheoK

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 01:15:55 PM »
Anyway, this is really interesting and shows that there are as good as no problems at all with free guns in a homogenous society. Only 2.67% of all crimes against individuals were carried out with guns last year. The most common violence was with bare hands or feet!

2008 Weapons Used In Violent Crimes

P7PSP

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 01:44:47 PM »
 :thumbup: Good post Lit.