Educational

Author Topic: should you ask me something?  (Read 28749 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: should you ask me something?
« Reply #540 on: July 23, 2007, 08:54:53 PM »
sure... :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #541 on: July 23, 2007, 08:57:15 PM »
richard has a crush on him.

also, i think there may be a picture in the photo thread where he is holding his niece.
Misunderstood.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #542 on: July 23, 2007, 10:21:42 PM »
where in the photothread?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #543 on: July 23, 2007, 10:29:57 PM »
what's your crime-basic discussion.
Misunderstood.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #544 on: July 24, 2007, 04:37:40 AM »
there is no law or ritual or anything to it. a religion is an organization. there can't be an unorganized religion, it's an oxymoron. god. does believing in the sun make you religious? it's not faith or belief either. it's knowing. i have a knowing inside me that leads me to know certain things. like that skies tend to be blue. get that into your head.
I have lots of knowings too. Believe me a religion doesnt have to be an organisation, quite alot of the better ones can be practised on their own. As for believing in the Sun, it isnt a matter of belief, it is there, and my eyesight is perfectly good enough to be convinced it is there. Are you suggesting science is a religion of some sort..?

you're suggesting science is a religion. ::)

spirituality and science go hand in hand. that's what i'm saying.
Are you saying that because they are both ways that deal with nature, or something else?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #545 on: July 24, 2007, 05:41:39 AM »

look closer. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #546 on: July 24, 2007, 06:13:09 AM »
there is no law or ritual or anything to it. a religion is an organization. there can't be an unorganized religion, it's an oxymoron. god. does believing in the sun make you religious? it's not faith or belief either. it's knowing. i have a knowing inside me that leads me to know certain things. like that skies tend to be blue. get that into your head.
I have lots of knowings too. Believe me a religion doesnt have to be an organisation, quite alot of the better ones can be practised on their own. As for believing in the Sun, it isnt a matter of belief, it is there, and my eyesight is perfectly good enough to be convinced it is there. Are you suggesting science is a religion of some sort..?

Are you saying that because they are both ways that deal with nature, or something else?

trying reading something like "the tao of physics" by fritjof capra, or "the dancing wu-li masters" by gary zukov.  although they're oldish, and have been superseded, AND deal with eastern mysticism, rather than much in the way of western tradtitions, they're somewhere to start.  there's also a good section of energy-as-physics and magic in "the power of the witch" by laurie cabot.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #547 on: July 24, 2007, 06:15:24 AM »
i hear Deepak Chopra is good too. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #548 on: July 24, 2007, 06:16:50 AM »
:puke:

avoid like the plague.  new age piffle, most of it.

The_P

« Reply #549 on: July 24, 2007, 06:27:33 AM »

trying reading something like "the tao of physics" by fritjof capra, or "the dancing wu-li masters" by gary zukov.  although they're oldish, and have been superseded, AND deal with eastern mysticism, rather than much in the way of western tradtitions, they're somewhere to start.  there's also a good section of energy-as-physics and magic in "the power of the witch" by laurie cabot.

I'm gonna get myself a library card, so I might as well check 'em out.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #550 on: July 24, 2007, 06:30:04 AM »
:puke:

avoid like the plague.  new age piffle, most of it.

i haven't read anything of his cuz i can't concentrate. :'(
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #551 on: July 24, 2007, 06:31:37 AM »
me neither.  my brain tries to sneak out of my head in abject horror if i read more than a para or two.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #552 on: July 24, 2007, 06:51:39 AM »
Misunderstood.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #553 on: July 24, 2007, 07:05:29 AM »
me neither.  my brain tries to sneak out of my head in abject horror if i read more than a para or two.

we can't read!
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #554 on: July 24, 2007, 07:06:32 AM »
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar