Author Topic: What was the last thing you said out loud?  (Read 9502 times)

TheoK

Re: What was the last thing you said out loud?
« Reply #195 on: May 27, 2010, 04:34:52 AM »

The multiple languages we speak in this hemisphere are actually spoken in this hemisphere.  We get shit from various forms of euro-trash because we do not speak twelve worthless languages in this country, but the ones who live here, who have chosen to learn another language or two, are either stupid, still crying for their euro-trash ancestors or they have chosen a modern AMERICAN language, such as Spanish or Portuguese - fuck you that expect some exclusivity from ancient "dibs."   We speak to the people we need to speak to. Others can either learn our languages or shut the fuck up with holier-that-thou bulllshit.  We speak, you listen and shut the fuck UP!!

:orly:

It's not 12 languages in Europe, btw. 12 languages were the former "official" EU languages.

Depending on how you define "language" there might be up to 40-50.

German and Russian are pretty big in Europe. More than 100 million German speakers and more than 200 million Russian speakers.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2010, 11:21:27 AM »
Ja, zal ik doen.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #197 on: May 27, 2010, 01:52:32 PM »

The multiple languages we speak in this hemisphere are actually spoken in this hemisphere.  We get shit from various forms of euro-trash because we do not speak twelve worthless languages in this country, but the ones who live here, who have chosen to learn another language or two, are either stupid, still crying for their euro-trash ancestors or they have chosen a modern AMERICAN language, such as Spanish or Portuguese - fuck you that expect some exclusivity from ancient "dibs."   We speak to the people we need to speak to. Others can either learn our languages or shut the fuck up with holier-that-thou bulllshit.  We speak, you listen and shut the fuck UP!!

You really said that out loud.  :laugh:  :thumbup:

Love my languages, because every language makes me think in a different way. Makes me see different details. Like the kind of paper you use to draw on will make a difference in how the drawing will be. Or if you use crayon or ink.

Don't think I am holier because of my languages. Not worse either.

Well, I said all that and quite a bit more, very loudly.

You are not worse for your education!!   Do not misunderstand ...  but making another person feel that he/she is of some lesser value for concentrating their educational efforts in usable directions would probably make me go off on you as well.

Why waste time learning languages you will NEVER FUCKING use!! 

I was tired of a couple of Euro-trash, asswipe co-workers, with more conflicting message tattoos and unhealthily located piercings than viable teeth, trying to make several of us (very successful, bi-lingual, facing-what-life-we-know Americans that we are) feel like we are somehow less educated than they, because we only know two languages  (I did not bother to submit that my knowledge of commonly-used, scientific nomenclature based in Greek and Latin, far exceeds both of theirs if combined and tripled).

I am a quiet guy, mostly very considerate, and tolerant to all, but push me too far or get on my "friends"  tits and I speak up.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 01:57:50 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #198 on: May 27, 2010, 01:55:15 PM »

It's not 12 languages in Europe, btw. 12 languages were the former "official" EU languages.

German and Russian are pretty big in Europe. More than 100 million German speakers and more than 200 million Russian speakers.

I get it, as well as you.  I used similarly ignorant, but American, stereotypes to put those two asswipes in their places.  (We will see if they are strong enough to ever talk to me again. I doubt it.)

... but, mostly ...

Dude, stop with your stupid maps.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #199 on: May 27, 2010, 02:48:12 PM »

Love my languages, because every language makes me think in a different way. Makes me see different details. Like the kind of paper you use to draw on will make a difference in how the drawing will be. Or if you use crayon or ink.

You are not worse for your education!!   Do not misunderstand ...  but making another person feel that he/she is of some lesser value for concentrating their educational efforts in usable directions would probably make me go off on you as well.

I was tired of a couple of Euro-trash, asswipe co-workers, with more conflicting message tattoos and unhealthily located piercings than viable teeth, trying to make several of us (very successful, bi-lingual, facing-what-life-we-know Americans that we are) feel like we are somehow less educated than they, because we only know two languages  (I did not bother to submit that my knowledge of commonly-used, scientific nomenclature based in Greek and Latin, far exceeds both of theirs if combined and tripled).

I am a quiet guy, mostly very considerate, and tolerant to all, but push me too far or get on my "friends"  tits and I speak up.

Oh, I get that. The language I'm raised in has a limited range. Doesn't get me far in the world. So, it is necessary for Dutch people to learn more languages. I think there are more obligatory languages in classes here than in Germany, France and England, simply because there are so few people speaking Dutch.

That in the process of learning languages I learned that it helped me think from different perspectives is a bonus.

Some languages I hated to learn and I forgot them too. Some took me an awful lot of time. One came easy, and that's the one I think and dream in as much as the language I'm raised in. And some foreign languages have got a strange beauty for me, even when not fluent in that language.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #200 on: May 27, 2010, 04:31:05 PM »

Oh, I get that. The language I'm raised in has a limited range. Doesn't get me far in the world. So, it is necessary for Dutch people to learn more languages. I think there are more obligatory languages in classes here than in Germany, France and England, simply because there are so few people speaking Dutch.

That in the process of learning languages I learned that it helped me think from different perspectives is a bonus.

Some languages I hated to learn and I forgot them too. Some took me an awful lot of time. One came easy, and that's the one I think and dream in as much as the language I'm raised in. And some foreign languages have got a strange beauty for me, even when not fluent in that language.

You totally missed the entire point of my out-loud rant, did you not? Your succeeding posts confirm this premise. I plan to let it go.

Never mind answering. 

I will say no more.

TheoK

« Reply #201 on: May 27, 2010, 06:25:26 PM »

The multiple languages we speak in this hemisphere are actually spoken in this hemisphere.  We get shit from various forms of euro-trash because we do not speak twelve worthless languages in this country, but the ones who live here, who have chosen to learn another language or two, are either stupid, still crying for their euro-trash ancestors or they have chosen a modern AMERICAN language, such as Spanish or Portuguese - fuck you that expect some exclusivity from ancient "dibs."   We speak to the people we need to speak to. Others can either learn our languages or shut the fuck up with holier-that-thou bulllshit.  We speak, you listen and shut the fuck UP!!

I get it, as well as you.  I used similarly ignorant, but American, stereotypes to put those two asswipes in their places.  (We will see if they are strong enough to ever talk to me again. I doubt it.)

... but, mostly ...

Dude, stop with your stupid maps.

But I love maps. They're one of my obsessions.  :orly:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #202 on: May 27, 2010, 07:26:11 PM »

I get it, but seriously, I did that when I was twelve.

I also    :wanker:   a lot.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #203 on: May 28, 2010, 01:40:06 AM »
I probably missed it all Dawg.

Sometimes we do speak completely different, both using English.  :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #204 on: May 28, 2010, 08:29:19 PM »

They were putting us down for only knowing two languages.

I shut them up.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #205 on: May 28, 2010, 08:46:39 PM »

Sometimes we do speak completely different, both using English.  :laugh:

I shut them up.

I only know one unless you could swears. And I am driving over 2500 miles this summer and will need no others
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #206 on: May 28, 2010, 08:51:13 PM »
I can speak some  :bint: too:

Maja sestra sedit o dveri.

Vodka.

Chleb.

Vojna kaputt.

Job tvojemadj!

The last one is likely to get you killed or severly beaten up by a Russian.  8)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2010, 04:20:02 AM »

I shut them up.

What is your other language?

I speak only English. :-\
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2010, 04:29:49 AM »

I shut them up.

I would not put down anyone because of something like that. Languages are one of my more persistent obsessions, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2010, 02:53:53 PM »

I shut them up.

I would not put down anyone because of something like that. Languages are one of my more persistent obsessions, though.

I can appreciate that, and I get that you want to perfect what you do know, as I do.

I have tried hard to learn ... even when I make a mistake, I often know exactly, to a fine degree, what failures of mine made up the various contributing factors that lead up to my mistake.

@CBC:

I began speaking Spanish as a hack when I was six years old (beginning with simple sign language and broad assertions that the other could interpret my signs). Around the time I reached sixth grade (age of twelve) I felt like I already knew everything that there was to know about English, and honestly, I have only learned the most vague and unpopular subtleties since that time. I turn my attention to learning the grammar of proper Spanish and let go the slang I had learned.

It was only much later, in my twenties, that I leaned back into the rest of the English language grammar that I had skipped over as a child.