Author Topic: What was the last thing you said out loud?  (Read 9517 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: What was the last thing you said out loud?
« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2010, 09:42:47 PM »
Your hat collection sounds great! Might you post some pics? :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »
I actually like hats.

As my own natural head cover continues to recede, hats are more my "friends" than ever before.

That other bit was a joke. I would never throw one of my hats, not even a disposable one.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2010, 09:49:29 PM »
I actually like hats.

As my own natural head cover continues to recede, hats are more my "friends" than ever before.

That other bit was a joke. I would never throw one of my hats, not even a disposable one.

Ah, the joke went right over my head! I thought, "That's an odd habit, throwing a hat into a room," but I figured it was a personal quirk. :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2010, 09:52:18 PM »

I have about two thousand pics of hats, but they were photographed in slide format, many years ago.  

I keep telling myself I am going to get a decent slide scanner, but the ones I have seen totally suck. If I am not ready to spend three thousand bucks, I can't get half decent scans of my slides  (the reason I have so many slides is that once upon a time, I was a professional photographer - I really have many hundreds of thousands of (fairly amazing, in some cases) images to share, but you would have to come over. NO, bad idea. I don't accept guests)

Maybe, some day.   (I keep saying this and I feel like a total wimp, but I can not do otherwise.  Please, do not ask ME to post phone pics. I will not, unless it is of something current.)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2010, 09:53:34 PM »
I actually like hats.

Ah, the joke went right over my head! I thought, "That's an odd habit, throwing a hat into a room," but I figured it was a personal quirk. :laugh:

I was raised in Texas.

That should be enough to help you understand the joke.  If the hat comes out of the room, riddled with bullet holes, then, don't go in. Take your hat and leave.

:LOL:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:55:08 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2010, 09:56:34 PM »

I have about two thousand pics of hats, but they were photographed in slide format, many years ago.  

I keep telling myself I am going to get a decent slide scanner, but the ones I have seen totally suck. If I am not ready to spend three thousand bucks, I can't get half decent scans of my slides  (the reason I have so many slides is that once upon a time, I was a professional photographer - I really have many hundreds of thousands of (fairly amazing, in some cases) images to share, but you would have to come over. NO, bad idea. I don't accept guests)

Maybe, some day.   (I keep saying this and I feel like a total wimp, but I can not do otherwise.  Please, do not ask ME to post phone pics. I will not, unless it is of something current.)

Slides bring back memories it was $5.85 for a roll of 36 when I worked in a processing store regardless of how many were on the roll
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »

Slides bring back memories it was $5.85 for a roll of 36 when I worked in a processing store regardless of how many were on the roll

I processed my own.

I bought long roll film, mostly; thirty three meters (around a hundred feet) or three hundred meters  (just over a thousand feet), and rolled my own canisters as well.  I had an E6 set up (which was all hand done) as well as a C41 line (which was a bit too touchy to do by hand, generally) and an automated twenty inch wide paper processing machine.  I had all the shit, man. I was in business.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2010, 10:12:55 PM »

I processed my own.

I bought long roll film, mostly; thirty three meters (around a hundred feet) or three hundred meters  (just over a thousand feet), and rolled my own canisters as well.  I had an E6 set up (which was all hand done) as well as a C41 line (which was a bit too touchy to do by hand, generally) and an automated twenty inch wide paper processing machine.  I had all the shit, man. I was in business.

So was my brother but he specialized in custom black and white at the time we sent color to NJ or Rochester NY.  The equipment we used was WW2 vintage for the B&W not many people did this then (70-80s) and we were in a very afferent community
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2010, 10:56:48 PM »
OK, now for what happened when I disappeared about an hour ago ...

It seems that it is my neighbor's birthday, today.  (She is a majorly HAWT forty-something cougar type [settled down, these days, married well, I'd say], not at all interested in me, so let that shit go.) I heard a gaggle of loud feminine voices outside. What?  YES! I went to investigate and intercepted this amazing entourage of middle aged (nah, fuck!! these were "meddle-aged" hawties) females in my front yard.  I was almost in shock, then my neighbor spoke up from the center of the pack and I found a familiar reference. (GOOD GAWD!! WTF is going on!!)

She told me it was her birthday and she had gotten together with some old friends to celebrate, then she went off telling how she has told them all about me and my fabulous garden, then went through some rapid paced duty of introducing me to all of them.  (OK, there is nothing I am going to gain here, but I CAN show off a bit, even with my clothes on).   Well, fuck me (please?)  I had no idea that her old friends (shuffling down the road, half drunk) looked better than any fucking cheerleading squad I had seen in recent times (trust me, I "look" at cheer leaders)!!

The only thing I could think of, after she rattled off all eleven of their names, was to remember their names and talk to each one, using each ones name (that was my showing off bit) as I walked a block along with them, completely surrounded by really hawt women, each of them asking about things that had nothing to do with my neighbor's birthday - GAWD!! Honestly, it is not that I got bored looking at tits half out, really well kept legs, tight-fitting ass-shorts or the promise of a tan line here and there, but, in all seriousness, what was I to do? Nothing, really. I just talked for a few minutes and had most of them intrigued by the fact that I had remembered each of their names, as my genuinely delectable neighbor said more than once, see I told you he was incredible.

If only... !!!

Seriously, IF ONLY  ... uHm ... !!!

OK, I would die, right there on the street, if only ...

I was not tired of looking at tight shorts, tits half out, but what the hell was I going to do?  The only way i could find to interact, even for a few minutes with this desirable bunch of (younger than I, too old for most of you, but GODDAMN!! beauties) was to talk. I had nothing to say. I wanted to dive in head first to the entire entourage, buck naked, but I only had my brain to work with, and after trying to make myself seem as capable of remembering shit, like very hawt women's names, I was done.  I wished them well, hugged my neighbor and left with a promising half-hard on.

I said, "I hope to see you soon," but not to any one in particular, even though I was still touching my neighbor. It really would not matter which one or how many, for that matter. The growing tumescence was quite promising, from just talking.
I love it when that happens!
 :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 11:05:52 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2010, 11:10:35 PM »
I said, "I hope to see you soon," but not to any one in particular, even though I was still touching my neighbor. It really would not matter which one or how many, for that matter. The growing tumescence was quite promising, from just talking.

Well, it's nice to feel the rush of interest....I imagine you were loving the attention  :eyebrows:

Just wondering what Mrs Dawg would be thinking if she looked out the window and saw you carrying on like a little teenage puppy  :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2010, 11:31:39 PM »

Well, it's nice to feel the rush of interest....I imagine you were loving the attention  :eyebrows:

Just wondering what Mrs Dawg would be thinking if she looked out the window and saw you carrying on like a little teenage puppy  :P

She would be bored.

What's your point?

Nevermind. Screw your point. This was about me.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2010, 11:35:13 PM »

She would be bored.

What's your point?

Nevermind. Screw your point. This was about me.

I think it's you that wants your point screwed Mr Dawg.  :eyebrows:

I actually think it's nice when other people find your partner attractive and desirable, was rather my point about your wife and whether she saw you with the laydeez. You obviously missed it because you are all swelled with testosterone!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2010, 11:40:08 PM »

You don't know HALF of the swelling that went by.

Unfortunately for all of womankind, all that swelling went by.

(well, there will be some hangover effect, trust me on this one.)

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2010, 11:55:42 PM »

Yes Dawg, there are women out on the streets crying here because of the loss to womankind.  ;)

I'm glad the ladies fawned over you though, that's a nice feeling if you are feeling a little neglected.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2010, 12:04:14 AM »

Yes Dawg, there are women out on the streets crying here because of the loss to womankind.  ;)

I'm glad the ladies fawned over you though, that's a nice feeling if you are feeling a little neglected.

Neglected?  You are not serious, right?

I have only rarely been neglected in my entire life. Remember (legacy, here), hanging out with rock bands for eighteen years, taking what was left over after all the stars had their picks, was not so bad. Even "settling" for fifth or sixth best in town was fairly amazing, in my way of looking at it all.

:laugh:

Honestly, I did not have to settle when I married my best friend, though.