Author Topic: Wolf/Mafia/Assassin etc.  (Read 650 times)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Wolf/Mafia/Assassin etc.
« on: June 23, 2009, 07:54:59 PM »
Would anyone here be interested in playing this game?

For those of you who have never played, it is basically a game of psychology. For example, let's say 11 of us play a game of Wolf. 2 people would be the werewolves, while the other 9 would either be townspeople or have a special role. There are two phases: the day phase and the night phase. During the day phase, all players vote on a player to lynch. In order to lynch, there must be a majority vote by the deadline. During the night phase, the wolves decide on a player to kill, eliminating them from the game. The wolves learn who each other are during the first night phase. In order for pro-town (townspeople and special roles) to win the game, all of the wolves must be eliminated. The wolves win when the number of wolves and the number of townspeople are even.

Possible special roles:

The seer:  This person choose to sense one player per night and find out their role.

The doctor: This person has the option of choosing a player to save during the night phase. This will protect that player from being killed by the wolves. It will also carry over to the next day phase and save that person from being lynched. The doctor can also opt not to act during the night and just save a player during the day phase.

If enough people play, we can also have a detective. The detective can follow one player per night to see if they visit anyone. They cannot find out their role like the seer can.

I played a variant of this game recently on a Supernatural message board. We did a humans vs. demons variant. It was a lot of fun. I'd rather play than run the game/narrate it. However, if we have enough players and no one wants to narrate, I'll do it. We basically need someone for the wolves/special roles to PM their night actions to as well as narrate the story.

Anyone interested?

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Wolf/Mafia/Assassin etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 08:00:20 PM »

For those of you who have never played, it is basically a game of psychology. For example, let's say 11 of us play a game of Wolf. 2 people would be the werewolves, while the other 9 would either be townspeople or have a special role. There are two phases: the day phase and the night phase. During the day phase, all players vote on a player to lynch. In order to lynch, there must be a majority vote by the deadline. During the night phase, the wolves decide on a player to kill, eliminating them from the game. The wolves learn who each other are during the first night phase. In order for pro-town (townspeople and special roles) to win the game, all of the wolves must be eliminated. The wolves win when the number of wolves and the number of townspeople are even.

Possible special roles:

The seer:  This person choose to sense one player per night and find out their role.

The doctor: This person has the option of choosing a player to save during the night phase. This will protect that player from being killed by the wolves. It will also carry over to the next day phase and save that person from being lynched. The doctor can also opt not to act during the night and just save a player during the day phase.

If enough people play, we can also have a detective. The detective can follow one player per night to see if they visit anyone. They cannot find out their role like the seer can.

I played a variant of this game recently on a Supernatural message board. We did a humans vs. demons variant. It was a lot of fun. I'd rather play than run the game/narrate it. However, if we have enough players and no one wants to narrate, I'll do it. We basically need someone for the wolves/special roles to PM their night actions to as well as narrate the story.

Anyone interested?

Sounds like a wc3 special map.

I'm game though. Who wants to play?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »
Sure, I'll play.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 08:06:33 PM »
Georgy Zhukov will play too

Blasted

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 01:35:23 AM »
Count me in.

TheoK

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 02:35:22 AM »
Der Werwolf -
Des Weswolfs -
Den Wenwolf -
Dem Wemwolf -

:zoinks:

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 01:35:41 PM »
Lit, are you game?

Also, if you guys want to do the mafia variant instead of the wolf variant, that's cool too.

TheoK

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 01:42:49 PM »
Lit, are you game?

Also, if you guys want to do the mafia variant instead of the wolf variant, that's cool too.

No, it's a German pun. Wer=who. Werwolf=Werewolf. :smarty:

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 02:00:57 PM »

Possible special roles:

The seer:  This person choose to sense one player per night and find out their role.

Anyone interested?

Sex sex.

I would play if I wasn't so busy eating, exercising, and eating again.   I eat all day, and I am skinny.

Oh, I forgot, jacking off.   Somehow I forgot,  because I need  that one real bad.  Its enough that I am having cognitive disruptions.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 02:25:23 PM »

Possible special roles:

The seer:  This person choose to sense one player per night and find out their role.

Anyone interested?

Sex sex.

I would play if I wasn't so busy eating, exercising, and eating again.   I eat all day, and I am skinny.

Oh, I forgot, jacking off.   Somehow I forgot,  because I need  that one real bad.  Its enough that I am having cognitive disruptions.

I'll play as long as randy doesn't.  ::)
I will never stop...

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 02:47:12 PM »
I think his gibberish meant "no" anyway.  :laugh:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 03:32:30 PM »
I think his gibberish meant "no" anyway.  :laugh:

Good. :thumbup:
I will never stop...

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 06:00:57 PM »
Hmm, we still need some more people if we're going to play.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 06:05:08 PM »
Cmon guys get involved.
I will never stop...

Blasted

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 06:14:32 PM »
Not counting Pyraxis cause she's offline, we have 5 people who are up for it.  Is that too little or will it work?

Edit: 6 now.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:17:31 PM by Sergeant Major Bint »