Educational

Author Topic: Why Shariah?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline awiddershinlife

• Frequent Poster
Re: Why Shariah?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2014, 02:43:54 PM »
I still have some problems with the statement, but that's softens the blow.

Many religions have good ideas and those same religions have many have bad ideas. I just don't understand where Christians think they have anything over Muslims (or vice versa).

It sounds like Cosby (who is also an educator, actor, author, television producer, musician and activist.) was trying to communicate this without getting either group of the rabid zealots into kill mode.
I love everyone yet like no one    WTF

Offline awiddershinlife

• Frequent Poster
Re: Why Shariah?
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2014, 07:37:36 PM »

the concept of "tribal"/domestic law is sensible, if you ask me.  i can see why people get all the horror of the more extreme bits roped in with it, though.

To me, it makes perfect sense to allow Islamic and Jewish courts there to handle matters of marriage and divorce.

If both parties actually agree. I don't hold with patriarchal Islamic, Jewish, Christian, or what have you religions - using their religion to subjugate others. Many woman love their male gods. Both the one they married as well as the one in heaven. To each her own. I don't have to understand it. But I don't want it forced on them.

The Christians get all high and mighty, but they need to look in the mirror (or in their New Testament): Matthew 7:3-5New International Version (NIV)

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
I love everyone yet like no one    WTF