Educational

Author Topic: Air Crash  (Read 312 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Air Crash
« on: June 01, 2009, 04:35:23 PM »
This is something I worry about not so much in the way the French one disappeared of Brazil today but that did make me think of it.  What I worry about is that I am on the major departure route for NYC they are pretty high here but they go directly over my house also the small local airport about 8 miles away I line up with too some days they are really fucking low.  To add to all this I live about 5 miles from where Sikorsky Aircraft where they make black hawks and other military helicopters they test them above my head and have emergency landed at the beach less than a mile from me.  To top this off someone who graduated college with me, who I didn't know though, was killed in a crash but was on the ground and the plane hit them when it crashed.  Anyone else have these thoughts as strange as they are?   
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Air Crash
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:35:32 AM »
Not that strange, IMO. Living where you live, I'd think about it too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 10:49:40 AM »
When I lived in Saint Louis, I was on the bad weather flight path for the airport, so I thought about it then when the weather was bad and I could hear the airplanes flying low over my head.

Now, I live much further from the airport so I don't think about it very much.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 12:09:20 PM »
Try this again...

I already have a contingency plan if I see an aircraft coming towards me!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

P7PSP

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 02:24:51 PM »
Not a whole lot about flying bothers me, maybe because I used to work on Aircraft to keep them flying. When maintenance and inspection procedures are followed the odds of serious problems are very low. Of course that observation is of no value to the families of the people on that Air France flight. RIP  :angel:.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 02:55:29 PM »
Try this again...

I already have a contingency plan if I see an aircraft coming towards me!

I do to but then again I have plans for most situations. :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 09:55:12 AM »
This is something I worry about not so much in the way the French one disappeared of Brazil today but that did make me think of it.  What I worry about is that I am on the major departure route for NYC they are pretty high here but they go directly over my house also the small local airport about 8 miles away I line up with too some days they are really fucking low.  To add to all this I live about 5 miles from where Sikorsky Aircraft where they make black hawks and other military helicopters they test them above my head and have emergency landed at the beach less than a mile from me.  To top this off someone who graduated college with me, who I didn't know though, was killed in a crash but was on the ground and the plane hit them when it crashed.  Anyone else have these thoughts as strange as they are?    

Well, pull up a chair young man. I think you have come to the right place to share 'strange thoughts'!  :laugh:

About planes crashing, yes, I worry about seeing one crash. But only because I dreamed of it years ago quite vividly...and I have had prophetic type dreams before.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 01:15:20 PM »
Every summer we have this one plane that stays for hours doing aerial acrobats, mostly barrel rolls and loops. He's been doing it for over 4 years, I can recognize the plane even by the sound of the engine.

I usually sit out in the yard when I hear it, because it's cool to watch, but I'm waiting for him to stall out on a loop one day and put that damn thing through the roof. I'm thrilled and freaked out at the same time I guess you could say.

P7PSP

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 07:10:22 PM »
Have your camera next time Icequeen.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 08:51:29 PM »
Every summer we have this one plane that stays for hours doing aerial acrobats, mostly barrel rolls and loops. He's been doing it for over 4 years, I can recognize the plane even by the sound of the engine.

I usually sit out in the yard when I hear it, because it's cool to watch, but I'm waiting for him to stall out on a loop one day and put that damn thing through the roof. I'm thrilled and freaked out at the same time I guess you could say.

Barrel roll lol. God i'm such a geek. ::)
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 02:52:33 PM »

Well, pull up a chair young man. I think you have come to the right place to share 'strange thoughts'!  :laugh:

About planes crashing, yes, I worry about seeing one crash. But only because I dreamed of it years ago quite vividly...and I have had prophetic type dreams before.

I had a dream like that. Very vivid, very real. I was convinced it would happen.

That was more than twenty years ago. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 05:54:22 AM »
As long as your neighbours haven't got their hands on some stingers...
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."