Author Topic: Things that annoy you..  (Read 5151 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Things that annoy you..
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 02:10:33 PM »
One of my basic issues is I have an intolerance for intolerance. I am perfectly aware of all the meanings in that.

Well said, my friend!

:plus:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 05:32:15 PM »
Men who say that they want to hear real reasons for why they're getting shot down, but then get all pissy and/or emo about it when you tell them.
actually I'd rather be told the truth than some bullshit
Why?  The truth would almost definitely be more damaging to your ego than the gentle lies women tell you to keep from having to deal with your potential reaction to the truth.  Either way you're not getting what you want from the girl, and therefore probably want nothing more to do with her (unless you hold out hope of changign her mind).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 08:08:22 PM »
Gay haters
AB/DL haters
Narrow mindness
Ignorance (those who refuse to listen)
Gay marriage haters
Stupid people
People not learning from their mistakes
Bullies
People sticking up for bullies
People who accuse others of not having AS due to their opinions or POVs, etc.
People accusing others of faking a condition and there's no proof that person is faking it or not
Lazy people (like my ex)
People making up excuses for their problems
People using their disabilities as an excuse
Door to door mormons
Salesmen
Telemarketers
People who can't even admit things about themselves
People telling me how to think or what to call myself or what not to call myself
People bitching and there is a solution to their problem but they don't actually do that solution so they are moaning about it and refuse to do that solution
People calling things by the wrong name
Snoring
Barney
People taking humor too seriously
Smokers
Bass
Messes
My bf not picking up after himself (Does a good job most of the time staying neat)
Phones
Very poor spellers (so poor, you have a hard time reading it, it's like you are having dyslexia. I can imagine that's what it must be like being a dyslexic, having to read that all the time except in your mind it's written like that but to everyone else, it's written correctly) I also get annoyed when those people don't use a spell check program. I just skip their long posts and don't bother trying to read it

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 08:17:23 PM »
Why?  The truth would almost definitely be more damaging to your ego than the gentle lies women tell you to keep from having to deal with your potential reaction to the truth.

For me personally, in the past that may have been true, but now that I am older and more self-aware I would take their honesty as a criticism, and I would use that criticism constructively. For example if a girl tells me she doesn't want to go out with me because she finds me clingy and dependent, I would work on that, not to win the affection of the girl, but as a way of improving myself. If she rejects me because she thinks I am ugly which is something I cannot change, then that girl was not really right for me and it's time to move on.

Nowadays with either scenario I'll more than likely to move on rather than forge my dignity and self-respect by trying to win her over.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 03:47:20 AM »
1. Jman

2. Argument by tradition.

3. Morons having power.

Fix those 3 problems and my life is sorted.

What do you propose for fixing these problems?
1. For Jman to be a Buddhist Monk for 6 months in order to restore his spiritual wellbeing.

2 and 3. Destroy the NT social code and hierachy. Probably using terrorist tactics.

Easier to do away with you and Lit. It's a numbers game and you're a minority.
There are many groups of people who lose out under the current system. Indeed, it is a numbers game and once we dress up the cause, we outnumber the enemy by a decent amount.

I very much doubt it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 04:51:53 AM »
The whole people is oppressed by the cowards in charge, but like the upper middle class philiistine you are, you simply deny it.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 05:20:39 AM »
Customers who try and micromanage their jobs  just let me do my fucking job I have been doing it for over twenty years and know what I am doing(Just got one of those calls from a customer)
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 06:27:50 AM »
Why?  The truth would almost definitely be more damaging to your ego than the gentle lies women tell you to keep from having to deal with your potential reaction to the truth.

For me personally, in the past that may have been true, but now that I am older and more self-aware I would take their honesty as a criticism, and I would use that criticism constructively. For example if a girl tells me she doesn't want to go out with me because she finds me clingy and dependent, I would work on that, not to win the affection of the girl, but as a way of improving myself. If she rejects me because she thinks I am ugly which is something I cannot change, then that girl was not really right for me and it's time to move on.

Nowadays with either scenario I'll more than likely to move on rather than forge my dignity and self-respect by trying to win her over.
You're more mature than most, then.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 08:31:07 AM »
The whole people is oppressed by the cowards in charge, but like the upper middle class philiistine you are, you simply deny it.

No, I disagree with the notion. There's a difference.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 01:49:58 PM »
Why?  The truth would almost definitely be more damaging to your ego than the gentle lies women tell you to keep from having to deal with your potential reaction to the truth.

I prefer to harass them until they get a restraining order or realize the error of their ways. :zoinks: After all, it is a priviliege to have the opportunity to be with me. I wouldn't want them to be denied.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 04:05:57 PM »

I prefer to harass them until they get a restraining order or realize the error of their ways. :zoinks: After all, it is a priviliege to have the opportunity to be with me. I wouldn't want them to be denied.
The terrifying thing is, some people really do think like that.

TheoK

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 04:09:49 PM »
They deserve it. They are tramps.  8)

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 04:30:07 PM »
They deserve it. They are tramps.  8)
Stalkers?

TheoK

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2009, 04:30:50 PM »
Nay, wench, the wenches! :arrr:

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 08:21:40 PM »
a few annoying things:

People going around yapping on the cell phone and barely noticing their surroundings.  (I once had one walk out in front of my car without even looking before stepping into the pavement.  She can thank the quality of my brakes for her continued existence.)

Ladies who keep saying "Oh my god!" and "What ever!" ad nauseum, especially when they're on a cell phone.

Going 75 m.p.h. on the Interstate and noticing that the driver of a nearby vehicle is yapping on a cell phone.

People who don't turn their cell phones off in movie theaters and airplanes.  (At least it's illegal on airplanes.  Let's keep it that way.)

People who use their cell phones in libraries.  (I worked in the campus library back in graduate school.  Got a yapper right outside my study carrel one time when I was really trying to concentrate.  I wanted to step out of that study carrel and slap the fucker.)

(It's not cell phones that are evil, just the way stupid people use them.  With my own cell phone, I use a wired headset as much as possible, just in case that brain damage thing is true, as evidenced by the cell phone yappers all around.)

Hummers.  ("Ooooooh!  Look at me-e-e-e-e-e!  I'm better that the rest of you, so I'm gonna drive around in something that wastes gas and will surely mangle your ass if I hit you in a car accident.  They're derived from a military vehicle design.  Do the people who drive those things go around fantasizing that they're some kind of military bad-ass, even if they never served?  Okay, let's send you and your fucking yellow hummer with spinner hubcaps over to Iraq.  Don't let the roadside bombs scratch your paint.  Those shiny rims of yours should help draw enemy fire away from the actual soldiers who use their real Hummers for their intended purpose.  A few years ago at the wildlife sanctuary where I work weekends, I and another volunteer were doing gate duty as carloads of tourists were coming in for the afternoon tour.  A yellow Hummer with spinner hubcaps came in, and the other volunteer leaned over at me and said "Look, it's a small penis mobile.")

Assholes who weave through heavy highway traffic as if everybody going 80 m.p.h. isn't fast enough for them.

Co-workers who stand around yapping in the halls, they way the end up congregating in intersections so they're in your way no matter which way you're going.

Religious nuts who think they're gonna convert the whole world.

Somebody saying "Bless you" after I sneeze.  (What would those people do if I replied with "Hail Satan"?)

Street-corner Bible screamers.  (In my hometown, but thankfully not so much in the town I live in now.)

Rude truck drivers.  (The kind who try to intimidate you by tailgating you at 75 m.p.h. with a 40-ton load behind them.  If someone does that shit, that person should lose his commercial driver's license, leaving him no choice but to work in a fast food joint.  Then, make him drive a mo-ped between the fast-food joint and a pre-fab studio apartment.  Let's see what that does for his vehicular macho complex.)

People who steal the soap from public restrooms.

My supposedly high-speed internet connection.  They're about to lose me to a competitor in my upcoming apartment move.