Author Topic: Sayings you hate  (Read 11054 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Sayings you hate
« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2018, 05:39:26 PM »
I find "at the end of the day", used to add emphasis to a statement, a bit annoying. I noticed it a lot in the UK.

I find when people say "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less" more amusing than annoying.

There was a member here not long ago who would say, in the end. That made for great innuendo jokes.  :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #196 on: October 09, 2018, 05:41:48 PM »
I find "at the end of the day", used to add emphasis to a statement, a bit annoying. I noticed it a lot in the UK.

I find when people say "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less" more amusing than annoying.

There was a member here not long ago who would say, in the end. That made for great innuendo jokes.  :lol1:

Yes, and I caught you perving on his profile.   :police:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2018, 05:49:48 PM »

Yes, and I caught you perving on his profile.   :police:

I had to look it up. At first I was thinking it was MOSW who said it, and I had stumbled onto some great irony.  :lol1:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2018, 08:28:33 PM »
Kevv was I2's 1st President.

He had a heavy drinking problem back then but it sounds like he's better now.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2018, 09:20:55 PM »
He's all better now in the end.  :zoinks:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2018, 06:40:10 AM »

This is a "game changer."

So tired that being over used.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2018, 10:02:04 AM »
'App'/'Apps'

Referring to the PROGRAMS on smartphones and the latest, most disgusting abortions in the long line of festering turds going under the name  of 'micro$oft windoze'

I just find it 'ick!' its nasty. They aren't bloody 'apps' they are 'programs' or 'software' if you must, but programs fits just as well now, as it did when computers were using 386 CPUs
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2018, 11:15:58 AM »

They probably have an app for that.
 :autism:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2018, 11:21:19 AM »
Over here, I heard "application"  used more often than a program. You had to open your program (operating system) and "launch" your application within "Workgroups."  At least that was the language most commonly use.

And if you ever made the mistake of using the expression "taskbar"  or  "icon"  or "document"  or "menu"  everyone would just step back, assuming you knew everything about computers and just let you do everything. Even worse would have been suggesting the use of the "right click"  button. Can not tell you how many times I have been accused of being one of those funny right click guys.
 :lol1:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2018, 01:55:15 PM »
They need to make an 'app' that launches a spring-loaded steaming hot pot full of HClO4 out of the screen when it detects the nose of some obnoxious cunt who comes up with a term such as 'app'. :tard:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #205 on: October 10, 2018, 02:37:53 PM »

At least you remembered to get it really hot first.

I am not arguing with you. I HATE shortenings of normal words in general, but ya kno, whatev ...

:autism:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #206 on: October 10, 2018, 04:32:17 PM »
Over here, I heard "application"  used more often than a program. You had to open your program (operating system) and "launch" your application within "Workgroups."  At least that was the language most commonly use.
Thought there are system programs and application programs, so essentially they're all programs and applications simply aren't system specific. Maybe Odeon can clarify.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 04:36:12 PM by Jack »

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #207 on: October 10, 2018, 04:53:00 PM »
U fkn cnt m8, u tkn da piss?

w0teva bruv, innit.

(and of course I  remembered. Perchloric acid is nasty enough as it is (and a lot worse when its over 60% solution, then it gets a tendency to start fires, build up some rather unstable organoperchlorate derivatives in the ductwork of fume hoods that like to go 'BOOM!' when unexpected (one needs a separate, dedicated fume hood to work with HClO4 for that reason, although outside in the back garden will do, although I'd dispose of the gas mask cartridges afterwards, just to make sure it didn't do the same thing with whatever has already been scrubbed by the filter canisters. Wearing a potential (and unpredictable as hell) bomb strapped to each side of my head isn't really my idea of a very good idea), and if spilled on organics, like labcoats, assuming it doesn't just ignite or else burn through them, as perchloric is one of the strongest mineral acids around, at least relatively common ones, along with chlorosulfonic acid, or really nastily and sneakily, if it drips onto wooden bench tops, it can do the same thing, and render the very workspace itself friction, shock and heat sensitive. Would that EVER be a nasty shock! an exploding workbench! :autism:

Ah, I remember another one that just makes me want to rip someone's spine out through the eye of their dick. 'blud'

Ebonics in general, makes the speaker sound like a gutterspawned, dumb as shit piece of dirt who really needs to be slapped in the mouth. With a chair, One of those heavy antique mahogany ones too, so it leaves the ebonics-slobbering gutterfuck with a permanent chair shaped imprint in their torso, where their head was driven after being throughly whacked through their shoulders until they are able to contemplate their navel. From the inside. Lick their own liver clean like a dog licking it's arse ring.

Although why anybody would want to lick their own liver I really do not know. But, if it can't tell the difference between the verb 'to ask' and the noun 'axe', then they really need a close encounter with the latter. It's humongously cuntish. Just begging to be beaten to death with a sock full of frozen dog muck :autism:

And another. Not so much a saying, as an un-saying.

When people have a passive-aggressive bitch-fest aimed at you,because you didn't do something or say something they wanted you to do, or  did do or say something they wanted you not to; because 'I shouldn't have HAD to ask, you should have guessed what I wanted'. Writing between the lines, and worse, writing between the lines of that which is left unwritten, metaphorically speaking. And bitching you out because you aren't a telepath.

NT-ese, basically. I mean, really....how the FUCK am I meant to guess what is going through the head of somebody, who refuses to say what they are thinking and what they want just because they think you automatically ought to be able to read  their minds, and then when you  don't, because  they refused to say what they wanted 'just because', and you aren't a fucking telepath?  And expect you to read and  speak body language with as much detail, right down to grammar and punctuation as one would  use if speaking sign (I do, actually, in ASL and one thing that is SUPER irritating, is people speaking in ASL in text-speak, Such as for example, signing the letter fingerspelling sign 'U'  in lieu of the sign for 'you', or fingerspelling 'Y.O.U')

It'd doubtless be the same if I spoke BSL as well, but I only know one or two words in BSL; the two dialects aren't mutually intelliible. To the quite hilarious extent of 'goodbye'  in BSL being one  of the signs  meaning 'bitch' in ASL  sign.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #208 on: October 10, 2018, 06:21:38 PM »
Thought there are system programs and application programs, so essentially they're all programs and applications simply aren't system specific. Maybe Odeon can clarify.

An application is a program with a UI component.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #209 on: October 10, 2018, 07:17:40 PM »
That's a good distinction.