Author Topic: Swine flu  (Read 2805 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Swine flu
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2009, 08:44:15 AM »
I have only had the flu twice and the last time I had it, I couldn't get out of bed to go to the doctor. I had never been that sick before and I haven't since. Had plenty of colds, though.

I have only had it once as far as I can remember and I stayed in bed for days too.  I would have had a really hard time dragging myself to the doctor.  It came on so quickly, too.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2009, 09:35:30 AM »
I'm usually Little Miss Apocalypse Crier (rising gas prices, then the economy falling apart, scared the CHRIST out of me), but for some reason swine flu isn't worrying me at all, yet.  *shrug*
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2009, 01:01:21 PM »
I sneezed six times in a row this morning.  :-\

Six times may be simply an histamine reaction to dust or mold.
The first time I had a stroke (well, as far as I know, it was the first time), it manifested as a sneezing fit. I lost count of the number of sneezes at just over two hundred as I was trying to drive home from work (my last job - I was many miles from home when it started). Driving is a bitch when you can no longer see and your mind is also pre-occupied.
I went to the doctor the next day, because all night I had not stopped sneezing. They gave me a shot and it stopped, almost instantly. Then they ran some tests and determined that I had had a mild stroke.
None of the attending physicians had ever seen or heard of a stroke taking this form in a human, but it has been known to kill some animals, simply from sneezing.

I am sure that I lost something of myself, if their diagnosis was correct, but I had no noticeable effects, afterward.

I don't really think you need to worry about six in-a-row sneezes.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 01:05:19 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2009, 01:02:45 PM »
My bed room is a bit dusty.  :zoinks:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2009, 01:04:20 PM »
:panic:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2009, 01:44:39 PM »
My bed room is a bit dusty.  :zoinks:

You have life chores. Attend to them.
:police:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline zer0

• Constant Poster
  • The Great Korvhund-o
    • Bento & Starchky dot com
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2009, 02:39:18 PM »
I can't say I'm overly concerned about the "Swine flu". Not that I doubt it exists, but I think its effects have been blown vastly out of proportion by the media in order to sell newspapers. So far there are... what? 7 dead? Not many considering how the normal influensa annually kills between 200 000 to 300 000 people worldwide. Yeah, wow, we're clearly dealing with a dangrous pandemic here, alll right. Or, more likely, the global media must truly be desperate to sell newspapers.

I'm usually Little Miss Apocalypse Crier (rising gas prices, then the economy falling apart, scared the CHRIST out of me), but for some reason swine flu isn't worrying me at all, yet.  *shrug*

Sounds like you might enjoy my pal Ted's Youtube channel.
Den som läser detta är dum.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2009, 02:54:24 PM »
I couldn't give two shits about swine (whine) flu. If it kills a load of people, I'll be happier. :zoinks:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2009, 03:28:36 PM »
I couldn't give two shits about swine (whine) flu. If it kills a load of people, I'll be happier. :zoinks:

:headbang2:

CHICKENFOOT!!!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2009, 07:11:01 PM »
I can't say I'm overly concerned about the "Swine flu". Not that I doubt it exists, but I think its effects have been blown vastly out of proportion by the media in order to sell newspapers. So far there are... what? 7 dead? Not many considering how the normal influensa annually kills between 200 000 to 300 000 people worldwide. Yeah, wow, we're clearly dealing with a dangrous pandemic here, alll right. Or, more likely, the global media must truly be desperate to sell newspapers.

20 laboratory confirmed deaths from Influenza A H1N1 (swine flu), 101 suspected deaths.

TheoK

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2009, 12:33:01 AM »
I sneeze again but I think it's dust together with my usual allergy.  :-\

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2009, 03:01:50 AM »
I have only had the flu twice and the last time I had it, I couldn't get out of bed to go to the doctor. I had never been that sick before and I haven't since. Had plenty of colds, though.
I have only had it once as far as I can remember and I stayed in bed for days too.  I would have had a really hard time dragging myself to the doctor.  It came on so quickly, too.
Quickly for me as well. Went to work feeling fine. By the end of the day I could barely drive home. Then I had a full week off work (which had never happened before - not even when I was at school). It was another three weeks after that that I felt well again.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2009, 05:30:55 AM »
In NY there is a town closing their schools for a week. :o bit of an overreaction
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2009, 06:18:00 AM »

20 laboratory confirmed deaths from Influenza A H1N1 (swine flu), 101 suspected deaths.
How many people died from traffic accidents in that amount of time?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2009, 06:30:54 AM »
More people die a second than the amount of people who are dead from swine flu.