Author Topic: Flea Market  (Read 521 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Flea Market
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 02:44:35 PM »
Yesterday, after getting my groceries, I realised there was a second hands kids-clothes and toys market to start within a few minutes.
I went there, and for the first time really was in time.
Within 10 minutes I had more than half a spring/summer clothes collection for my oldest. And very nice stuff too. Just 12 euro's. She was very happy with what I got her.  :)

They also had gorgeous toys, but I had run out of money, and the pin machine in this village won't allow me to pin twice on one day  :(
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 02:50:18 PM »
Yesterday, after getting my groceries, I realised there was a second hands kids-clothes and toys market to start within a few minutes.
I went there, and for the first time really was in time.
Within 10 minutes I had more than half a spring/summer clothes collection for my oldest. And very nice stuff too. Just 12 euro's. She was very happy with what I got her.  :)

They also had gorgeous toys, but I had run out of money, and the pin machine in this village won't allow me to pin twice on one day  :(

I have to go get gas to go tomorrow. Here though instead just one use of your pin there is a maximum dollar amount usually about $400 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 04:18:08 PM »
Every year in June, my neighborhood did garage sales so people from all over the city would go there and shop so it was like an outdoor mall. It would only last a few days. I remember I would go around and look at garage sales and buy things. But sadly there was this one family who sold toys so it was like a toy store but they sold broken ones too. One time when I was about six or seven, I got a Barbie motorcycle and it broke and it was put back together by ABC gum. My mother took it back and complained to the mother about it and the lady’s mother said “Deb give her back her money” so she did. Then towards the end of the week, their toys would be pretty much gone because they got sold. Then the Family moved down to Georgia and 1995 was the first time they didn’t do a garage sale. My family did garage sales too a few times. When I was 4 and 5 and again when I was nine and then when I was 12. In 1995, my family had a garage sale and used the money for our trip to Disneyland. My brothers and I sold our things we didn’t want and used it for Disneyland as well.

I wonder if my old neighborhood still does it. I would love to go back and shop. I wanted to go last year but I didn't know when it be.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 09:27:14 AM »
I have been to this one several times, but I haven't been there recently:

http://www.milehighfleamarket.com/

Your one has food...yes, that excites me!

Although Parts' one had a description of the ambience....the mist on the hills and the dragons breath of people coming through the gates...not sure what that meant...obviously your two markets have a different 'ambience'

Parts, I hope it all goes well for you and that people don't try to haggle with you, so you can make the most money you can.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 05:00:24 PM »
It has been many years since I been to a flea market.
Guardian of the Empire