Author Topic: I will be 42 this year  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: I will be 42 this year
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 03:30:03 AM »
I turned 38 the other day.  :-\
Maybe its time for you to settle down and sort yourself out a marriage and kids to keep you safe in your old age.

Now, I prefer an arsenal instead.  :P
The problem is you are not prepared enough to use it, it seems.

We must get our own Aspie army first. Sufferings must be worth it.  8)
The last thing we want is to have our names put to it. We need a movement whose objective is to change society and come up with a new system of political obligation.

P7PSP

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 03:36:46 AM »
Getting Aspies together in an Army is an ambitious undertaking TheoK. If you manage it try to be more like the Brigate Rosse instead of the pussy Weather Underground. Jane Alpert did more damage by herself than the Weather Underground did with more members. Communism being a shit philosophy aside, I would be embarrassed to admit membership in an outfit that had most of their members wanted for conspiracy to riot. Fuck me, I've been arrested for worse than that POS charge.

TheoK

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 03:40:11 AM »
Hm...she seems brave. But would you get away with 27 months in these terrorist times?  :-\

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 03:45:09 AM »
Getting Aspies together in an Army is an ambitious undertaking TheoK. If you manage it try to be more like the Brigate Rosse instead of the pussy Weather Underground. Jane Alpert did more damage by herself than the Weather Underground did with more members. Communism being a shit philosophy aside, I would be embarrassed to admit membership in an outfit that had most of their members wanted for conspiracy to riot. Fuck me, I've been arrested for worse than that POS charge.
An army would be an insane way of doing it - really we need something more underground. One strategy might be to write a social code and then just enforce it arbitrarily, by any means necessary. The NT's would really have a hard time stopping that one :D

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2009, 03:45:36 AM »
Hm...she seems brave. But would you get away with 27 months in these terrorist times?  :-\
If you play spazz for the court appearence then it should be 0 months.

P7PSP

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2009, 05:02:59 AM »
Not likely, if you take examples like Gordon Kahl or Walter Leroy Moody you can see that, here in the US at least, you have time for one, maybe two or three actions at most, before you get nailed hard! Kahl was killed in a shootout, Moody is doing 7 life sentences plus 365 years and Tim McVeigh was executed a few years ago. Basically, if you are not willing to give your life for Praxis then don't do it.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2009, 08:07:56 AM »
I turned 25 last week.
Sounds depressing tbh.

It was.

Refrain from being your usual prosaic self and just get hammered.
Agreed!

I disagree.

Get a bag and beat the fucking shit out of it (you need a good one), kick it into a rhythm you can keep up with, then keep kicking and punching it until you are near unconciousness with good feeling endorphins, then go jack yourself to sleep.
He needs a more social birthday I feel.

I doubt that either of us know him well enough to continue this discussion without his input, but if social shit doesn't work well, then building oneself to a pinnacle is often even better. I personally need both, but I am seldom willing to stop, even after I know I should not go any farther in either direction. I can always rest later and approaching exhaustion is always a license to sleep.

Getting drunk and/or being sociable don't make good celebrations for me.  Unless I'm in a good mood before I start drinking, I just end up depressed/more depressed.  I've also come to regret the vast majority of my social encounters, so I'd rather not add to the list of things that swirl around my head from time to time and make me feel shit about myself, plus I get really tired after being sociable, and not a good sort of tired; more a feel-like-crap tired that can last for a few days, depending on the event.

Avoiding people altogether and just doing things I'm interested in works for me some of the time, but it depends on how I feel, and often I run out of motivation and inspiration for my personal interests and get bored and depressed.  The meds help me to keep myself busy and mentally active, but they have their limits and some days are going to be shitty whether or not I take them.  Exercise works when I'm feeling angry, but my anger has mostly burned itself out and isn't the same constant driving force it was a few years ago.  Exercise when I'm feeling shitty and down is a non-starter, since at those times I'm lacking motivation, my mind is fuzzy, my muscles are weak and uncoordinated and exercise just ends up making me feel nauseous and more tired and shitty.

So yeah, I get kind of stuck when it comes to figuring out how to celebrate things.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 08:53:58 AM »
I turned 45 last November. It was pretty good except that we had arranged to meet a friend at a local restaurant. I had told the friend to expect us around 8 PM--she's an old friend of Jen's and so knows about her tendency to run late. Anyway the friend decided to show up on time and we were an hour late. Jen was so upset driving there she nearly ran over two dogs that this guy was walking in our mobile home park. We got to the restaurant as they were closing but they let us sit. The friend in question had already eaten (I think) and didn't seem upset about our lateness. BTT I was hammered so I stopped giving a fuck and gorged myself on catfish and fried okra.

I felt good about it then but right now I am very ambivalent about my continued existance. Maybe having a kid would help but J is too old so adoption would have to be the way and from what I've heard about all the hoops you have to go through--plus the fact I'm unemployed ATM--I don't think it would work. Not right now anyway. But I'd rather be a father to a kid who needs one than bring another kid onto this planet.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2009, 02:58:32 PM »

Hardon might be a shitstirring fuck, but at least he knows how to enjoy himself, unlike some.  :P

When I get my paycheck, I'll be sure to make the most of it.

I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 04:34:05 PM »
Maybe its time for you to settle down and sort yourself out a marriage and kids to keep you safe in your old age.

The last thing we want is to have our names put to it. We need a movement whose objective is to change society and come up with a new system of political obligation.

You are expecting a one-in-one hundred sixty-minority (statistically speaking, a substantial percentage of whom can not put two words together towards communication efforts or even give a puckered pink phuck for what you are talking about)(consider the incredibly small number of genius level aspies who could actually dream of such a world - note the membership enrollment of this site, even assume that it is mostly replete with geniuses, compared to the enrollment of the other two or three hundred plus sites for aspies) to devise a way to control the other one hundred sixty (divide by many thousands to reach the realistic disparity in numbers alone and possibly by millions or billions to find the odds of success for your venture)?

...   or we have an army of a few thousands willing to die for some cause that promises them virgins in heaven?  Honestly, fuck that - I want whores in heaven, not virgins. I tire of playing teacher.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2009, 04:50:06 PM »

You are expecting a one-in-one hundred sixty-minority (statistically speaking, a substantial percentage of whom can not put two words together towards communication efforts or even give a puckered pink phuck for what you are talking about)(consider the incredibly small number of genius level aspies who could actually dream of such a world - note the membership enrollment of this site, even assume that it is mostly replete with geniuses, compared to the enrollment of the other two or three hundred plus sites for aspies) to devise a way to control the other one hundred sixty (divide by many thousands to reach the realistic disparity in numbers alone and possibly by millions or billions to find the odds of success for your venture)?

...   or we have an army of a few thousands willing to die for some cause that promises them virgins in heaven?  Honestly, fuck that - I want whores in heaven, not virgins. I tire of playing teacher.

:plus:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2009, 05:12:26 PM »

Hardon might be a shitstirring fuck, but at least he knows how to enjoy himself, unlike some.  :P

I do - but then I have the possibility of being a cripple on my back too. Makes me feel a wee hypocrtical preaching to the others, despite the fact i hide my ill health loads.

TheoK

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2009, 05:30:59 PM »
It's OK if we're hypocrits, as long as we aren't cowards.  :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2009, 05:54:17 PM »

I do - but then I have the possibility of being a cripple on my back too. Makes me feel a wee hypocrtical preaching to the others, despite the fact i hide my ill health loads.

nah, you haven't mentioned enough about this to grab my attention.

Since you are no longer hiding, what is wrong?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2009, 04:59:45 AM »

nah, you haven't mentioned enough about this to grab my attention.

Since you are no longer hiding, what is wrong?
No idea in terms of a diagnosis, but I have a very twitchy arm and leg so far. Been hiding it by wearing thick clothing - but I think people are going to twig sooner or later.