Educational

Author Topic: What is your Sixth Sense?  (Read 784 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
What is your Sixth Sense?
« on: January 28, 2009, 06:07:33 PM »

Mine might be my ability to hear beyond the common sounds that others hear.

Not so much that i can hear well as that I can hear more deeply and possibly a bit in the past.

What's yours?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

Re: What is your Sixth Sense?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 06:10:11 PM »
I'm sometimes clairvoyant.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 06:26:13 PM »
I have limited telepathy. And it's not really a sixth sense, but in the same way that some people claim gaydar, I from somewhere acquired multiplicity-dar.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 06:32:14 PM »
I seem to have trouble sense.  It began in HS  I always seemed to sense when things have gone to far and leave usally just before someone gets hurt or the cops come. In collage many of my friends noticed this and always left when I did.  Other than that I have over sensitive hearing but no filter on it I hear it all at once :-\  Smell is another I cab DX cars from the exhaust and find gas leaks others need meters to find :)
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:11:54 PM »
I don't know if I would call it a trouble sense or a danger sense. My ex said I'm the only person he'd ever seen that would slow down or start to swerve BEFORE someone pulled out in front of me. Whatever it is, it's saved my ass many times over. :laugh:

I'm also good at finding stuff, lost things etc.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 10:23:19 PM »

Ooh, can I borrow some of that?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 10:41:19 PM »

Very cool.

I am also an untangler. It's not a sense, but it is certainly an odd talent ...

When I used work in a photography studio, I've seen people struggle for an hour with knotted, tangled chains they wanted to wear for a portrait. All the time they were waiting their turn, they would pull and twist on these fancy chains. I would ask if I could try. Often they hesitated to allow someone else to touch their precious jewelry and certainly had reservations about allowing a gorilla shaped, ham-fisted old guy mess with it.

Most of the time I had the knots and twists out of their chain necklaces or fancy pearl strings, without even really looking at it, while we were walking back into the camera room.
Same thing happens with cables, ropes, strings. People get so frustrated trying to untangle a mass of cabling, throw it down, make the tangle worse  --  I pick it up turn it over, take this piece around that piece, shake it a little, pull some and the tangle is just gone.

I may also have some version of that danger-dar. It seems like almost every single fucking day I escape or just miss some calamity.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 07:44:37 AM »

Ooh, can I borrow some of that?

Me too :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »
I been noticing it alot recently, people saying selfish things to me, and I feel like I can "hear" what they are really thinking.  One of those times it was a gal, and I got aurosed even though she was being mean.  I would like to believe that, as I am not quite  so sure of my situation.  I have had $600 or so placed infront of me, finding later it was a mistake.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 05:16:15 PM »
I'm good at finding things, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 05:53:20 PM »

I can only find other peoples' lost things, though. I do so by pattern recognition and the ability to identify, at an instant, a break or "shiny spot" in a perceived pattern and by a memory of my surroundings in a picture form. Any oddity or inconsistency in what my memory may carry reveals the "lost thing," almost instantly and often before I can even see it, I hear it.

My lost things, by the simplest definition possible, are lost to me, until I have some great eureka moment, usually.

I always play down my finding of  things though. I don't want to be known as a finder of things.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 04:09:38 AM »
I can tell when I need to pick my nose before I actually do it.  :P
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 06:01:22 AM »
^ :lol:

I don't think I have a sixth sense. I have a sense of humour though. Maybe that counts. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 07:04:04 AM »
I get odd little bits of prescience sometimes.

Also (and this HAS to be selective attention, but it can still be kinda freaky) often I'll talk about something/do something/blog something etc. and have an echo of it happen shortly afterward.  Like, I'll have a conversation with a friend while watching TV and half an hour later what we were talking about shows up in whatever program we're watching.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 08:29:46 AM »
I can tell when I need to pick my nose before I actually do it.  :P

Hey, that is  a big step, in itself. Some people can never identify that they may have issues to resolve. Finding a one finger solution to a problem is like a ninja!

</support>