Educational

Author Topic: Extra work  (Read 472 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Extra work
« on: January 25, 2009, 03:25:02 PM »
With the way things have been lately I thought it might be an idea to look around at extra opportunities to make money so when shopping with my dad I saw overnight stocking position at the grocery store how hard could it be.  Well they had a stupid test geared toward teens and criminals :-\ They also asked a million questions mostly stupid.  All this to put peas on the shelf :zombiefuck: 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
Re: Extra work
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 04:36:26 PM »
I have also considered looking for a second job.  Not sure if I have the energy for it.

This reminds me of the grocery store job I had back in 1997, as a third-shift janitor.  All the stock people (mostly kids and criminals) envied me, because I got to push the big floor scrubber around while they unpacked boxes.  Crazy place in the wee hours of the morning.  They had wrestling matches during the 2:00 am "lunch" break.  Some of the conversations I overheard were pretty disturbing.  Don't think I'll be doing that again.

Good luck.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 05:02:53 PM »
I just hope they don't look at me as overqualified as for sleep its one of those things I have problems with anyway.  Weird people with criminal records I can deal with I have worked construction since 86 :laugh:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 10:08:11 PM »
I did the grocery store thing about 18 years or so ago, way too much drama for me.  ::)  Crazy didn't even come close.

P7PSP

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 11:29:20 PM »
I applied for work in an Appliance store when I was in college in the 1980s and they had me fill out one of those mind warping honesty tests. I filled out the first page before determining that I was really pissed off and insulted. So to all the questions on the remaining pages I wrote FUCK YOU!. Then I sat down for a pre interview with a store manager and explained why I thought the honesty test was a bunch of shit. He looked very surprised at the fuck you answers, as if he had never seen such answers before.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 01:23:00 AM »
I applied for work in an Appliance store when I was in college in the 1980s and they had me fill out one of those mind warping honesty tests. I filled out the first page before determining that I was really pissed off and insulted. So to all the questions on the remaining pages I wrote FUCK YOU!. Then I sat down for a pre interview with a store manager and explained why I thought the honesty test was a bunch of shit. He looked very surprised at the fuck you answers, as if he had never seen such answers before.

Did you get the job?

P7PSP

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 02:33:03 AM »

Did you get the job?
:lol: :plus: No I didn't.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 11:27:33 AM »

They should have gave you the job, afterall they "were" asking for "honesty". :lol:

I remember one interview where the manager had a list of 100 random questions, I think I made it to 20 or so and just got up and walked out, told him I had re-evaluated the benefits of working for him, and it just wasn't adding up.

He was one of those "Mr. Perfect" assholes that enjoyed playing mind fuck games with all the potential female employees. :yawn:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 06:06:37 PM »
With the way things have been lately I thought it might be an idea to look around at extra opportunities to make money so when shopping with my dad I saw overnight stocking position at the grocery store how hard could it be.  Well they had a stupid test geared toward teens and criminals :-\ They also asked a million questions mostly stupid.  All this to put peas on the shelf :zombiefuck: 
Good luck.  Would you rather work with teens or criminals?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 06:35:35 PM »

I work construction I am used to criminals :laugh: Not me I hold a license that would be striped if I was one  but most employees ::)  I was the guy they sent in the million dollar homes with the alarm codes and keys

George Bernard Shaw

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 07:08:20 PM »

I work construction I am used to criminals :laugh: Not me I hold a license that would be striped if I was one  but most employees ::)  I was the guy they sent in the million dollar homes with the alarm codes and keys
Heehee- that's what I thought.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.