Educational

Author Topic: Adolf Hitler Campbell  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Adolf Hitler Campbell
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 09:13:11 PM »
DYFS wouldn't take the kids from their homes just because of their names.  ::) If they went as far as taking them away then something else was going on.
Not at all convinced - the UK social services have plenty of documented cases of taking away children for reasons equally as spurious. I could not imagine the US being any better.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 09:19:54 PM »
Well this isn't the UK. It's New Jersey and I'm very familiar with how things work with DYFS here. It wouldn't surprise me if parents who are stupid enough to give their children names like that abused them in other ways.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 12:08:52 AM »
DYFS wouldn't take the kids from their homes just because of their names.  ::) If they went as far as taking them away then something else was going on.

I agree that there must have been a good reason other than just their names.

Also, I don't think that privacy laws would let them disclose their reasons for removing the children.

TheoK

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 04:10:21 AM »
Don't trust the authorities. They're evil. The kids names might very well be the only reason this happened.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 05:48:27 AM »
After the birthday cake controversy they probably took a good long investigation of the parents.  Now I don't know what they did but I am sure they had plenty of problems with people with names like that and all it takes is some to say you are doing something and out of fear of looking bad they probably would take them on such a high profile case.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 05:52:36 AM »
The authorities are the criminals. They're worse than the mafia.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 09:46:41 PM »
What I don't trust are conspiracy theories. I know DYFS and they must have had a lot of evidence against the family to take away the kids like that. People who admire a murderer like that enough to name their kids after them aren't right in the head.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 09:51:01 PM »
What I don't trust are conspiracy theories. I know DYFS and they must have had a lot of evidence against the family to take away the kids like that. People who admire a murderer like that enough to name their kids after them aren't right in the head.
Put it this way, if/when you have kids, they might turn around and say as you are on the spectrum you are an unfit parent. Then you never see your kids again, because as someone who is not an NT you are "not right in the head". It could easily happen, the system really sucks.

TheoK

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2009, 04:25:15 AM »

No. I know a mum here who had her kid taken away from her because she fed the kid with too much junk food(!)

The Swedish newspapers say that they took the kids just because their names, though I can't really trust that either, because Swedish papers love to show how bad America is.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 04:29:57 AM by TheoK »

TheoK

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2009, 04:29:25 AM »
Put it this way, if/when you have kids, they might turn around and say as you are on the spectrum you are an unfit parent. Then you never see your kids again, because as someone who is not an NT you are "not right in the head". It could easily happen, the system really sucks.

:agreed: :grrr:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2009, 04:32:36 AM »

I have know people who had them taken on rumor in CT it wasn't for long just until things were cleared up other times I wonder why they never took the kids.  I have experience with this sort of thing also and am dealing with the courts about our foster son.   In ct they are really fucked up it all depends on who you get and who their supervisor is
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2009, 04:40:19 AM »

I have know people who had them taken on rumor in CT it wasn't for long just until things were cleared up other times I wonder why they never took the kids.  I have experience with this sort of thing also and am dealing with the courts about our foster son.   In ct they are really fucked up it all depends on who you get and who their supervisor is

There are two Finnish Gypsie clans at the Swedish-Finnish border, that have had a small scale war for 25 years! The authorities didn't do anything until last year when one of the clan leaders got an axe in his head. Then finally a lot of people went to jail.

And then Rödeby, where they harassed an autie family for years, until the father took his shotgun and killed one of the little beasts...

In other cases they can take people's kids away for years without legal justification...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 04:48:25 AM by TheoK »

Offline choccybiccy

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2009, 10:25:13 AM »

:agreed: :grrr:

Also agree heavily. When the media spotlights on anything (seems to be child protection at the moment) it's worth thinking about what kind of new laws could be brought in.
Womma entity

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 05:10:35 PM »

Way to twist my words. I meant "not right in the head" as in crazy, and it wouldn't be surprising if they were abusive. If I ever have kids, they won't be taken away...especially not over Asperger's. If I was a lower functioning autistic and incompetent maybe.

TheoK

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 05:13:40 PM »
Poor Carla thinks good of Big Brother.