Educational

Author Topic: Ahh fuck it. Ask ol rage something while you're at it.  (Read 13588 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Ahh fuck it. Ask ol rage something while you're at it.
« Reply #210 on: June 20, 2009, 09:25:31 AM »
Yes, you're the one who can't let go, or you wouldn't get so defensive about what I'm saying here. I haven't put the whole thing behind me, but "the whole thing" is about a lot more than you, Odeon, so take your head out of your ass. By moving here, and asking a different question (what are some of the strategies behind disclosure of information?) I am getting closer to the answer I'm looking for than I was by pointing fingers at you.

You, also, have an established pattern of pursuing disagreements ad nausem. I don't know if you expected me to just close my inconvenient mouth or what, but on this issue that'll be a long time coming. So unless we manage to agree to disagree and stop setting off each other's hackles, this'll keep happening, until I finally manage to make my position clear and understand yours.

At that point it'll likely becomes evident that the whole thing was a misunderstanding all along, but if that turns out to not be the case, yes, I will continue to argue for what I believe in.

What exactly is your accusation, anyway, and what are you trying to accomplish by coming here?

Coming here? As in I2? As in Rage's ask-away thread? :-\

I don't expect you to do anything, Pyraxis, I'm replying to your posts here. This is Intensity. If I read something I want to reply to, I reply to it. I'm not pursuing disagreements per se, I'm reading what I want to read and replying to what I want to reply to.

Your pattern is pretty much in evidence here, too, the way you always react to forum drama, especially the kind where you don't know as much as you'd like to. Your assumption then seems always to be that since you don't know everything, the powers that be are doing something they shouldn't, that they are abusing their powers. It's not an accusation, exactly, it's more of an observation.

Could I be getting it all wrong? Of course. Happens to me all the time. But I notice you didn't even touch your previous statement, "I don't want to make things worse until I'm certain I've gotten my own crap out of the picture". Maybe I got it wrong, maybe you don't mean what you say, but you're not in the habit of being as sloppy as that. Makes me think that you know exactly what you're doing.

Haha. I do understand that burning curiosity of her though, big O. When I don't know something... I wantsssss it.  :zoinks:

Its an addiction man. Comes from reading to many books and spending too much time searching for things on the internets.

Yes, well, I guess I can understand it, too. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2009, 10:55:27 AM »
Yes, you're the one who can't let go, or you wouldn't get so defensive about what I'm saying here. I haven't put the whole thing behind me, but "the whole thing" is about a lot more than you, Odeon, so take your head out of your ass. By moving here, and asking a different question (what are some of the strategies behind disclosure of information?) I am getting closer to the answer I'm looking for than I was by pointing fingers at you.

You, also, have an established pattern of pursuing disagreements ad nausem. I don't know if you expected me to just close my inconvenient mouth or what, but on this issue that'll be a long time coming. So unless we manage to agree to disagree and stop setting off each other's hackles, this'll keep happening, until I finally manage to make my position clear and understand yours.

At that point it'll likely becomes evident that the whole thing was a misunderstanding all along, but if that turns out to not be the case, yes, I will continue to argue for what I believe in.

What exactly is your accusation, anyway, and what are you trying to accomplish by coming here?

Coming here? As in I2? As in Rage's ask-away thread? :-\

I don't expect you to do anything, Pyraxis, I'm replying to your posts here. This is Intensity. If I read something I want to reply to, I reply to it. I'm not pursuing disagreements per se, I'm reading what I want to read and replying to what I want to reply to.

Your pattern is pretty much in evidence here, too, the way you always react to forum drama, especially the kind where you don't know as much as you'd like to. Your assumption then seems always to be that since you don't know everything, the powers that be are doing something they shouldn't, that they are abusing their powers. It's not an accusation, exactly, it's more of an observation.

Could I be getting it all wrong? Of course. Happens to me all the time. But I notice you didn't even touch your previous statement, "I don't want to make things worse until I'm certain I've gotten my own crap out of the picture". Maybe I got it wrong, maybe you don't mean what you say, but you're not in the habit of being as sloppy as that. Makes me think that you know exactly what you're doing.

Haha. I do understand that burning curiosity of her though, big O. When I don't know something... I wantsssss it.  :zoinks:

Its an addiction man. Comes from reading to many books and spending too much time searching for things on the internets.

Yes, well, I guess I can understand it, too. :laugh:

:thumbup:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2009, 09:51:15 PM »
Odeon - yeah, the "until" was intentional, 'cause I'm still suspicious. Join the club, though - I'm not completely trusting of most people. It's just paranoia.

I don't really know what it means to be a good leader, and how much should be public and how much shouldn't, and how to spot abuse of power. That's what I'm learning.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #213 on: June 20, 2009, 09:52:59 PM »
Odeon - yeah, the "until" was intentional, 'cause I'm still suspicious. Join the club, though - I'm not completely trusting of most people. It's just paranoia.

I don't really know what it means to be a good leader, and how much should be public and how much shouldn't, and how to spot abuse of power. That's what I'm learning.

Key word- LEARNING.

Thats never a bad thing. Ever.  :green:
I will never stop...

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #214 on: June 20, 2009, 09:55:20 PM »
Trial and error is (perhaps unfortunately for some?) a good way to learn.

Better than not trying and drowning in the theoretical, at least.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2009, 06:10:03 AM »

Fair enough--I won't pursue this further. Thanks for the explanation.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Blasted

« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2009, 11:44:56 AM »
Do you want those gloves?  Finished the blanket and need a new knitting project :laugh:  If yes, I need you to measure your hands for me :zoinks:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2009, 11:58:05 AM »
Do you want those gloves?  Finished the blanket and need a new knitting project :laugh:  If yes, I need you to measure your hands for me :zoinks:

You're gonna make gloves for me? Ok well.. how do I measure my hands? Like the length of each finger?
I will never stop...

Blasted

« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2009, 12:05:27 PM »
Measure the circumference of your wrist, length from wrist bone to middle/longest finger and the length of your thumb 8)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #219 on: August 02, 2009, 12:06:19 PM »
Measure the circumference of your wrist, length from wrist bone to middle/longest finger and the length of your thumb 8)

K one sec.
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2009, 12:13:18 PM »

Ok. Wrist circumference: six inches

Wrist bone to middle finger: 8 inches

Thumb: 2 and a half inches
I will never stop...

Blasted

« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2009, 12:17:07 PM »
No chance of getting that in cms? :laugh:  Am too lazy to convert it

P7PSP

« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2009, 12:20:04 PM »
2.54 cm = 1".

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2009, 12:22:41 PM »

Hang on.
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2009, 12:25:36 PM »
Wrist circumference: six inches                  =15.24 cm

Wrist bone to middle finger: 8 inches   =20.32 cm    

Thumb: 2 and a half inches                =6.35 cm

I think.... I mean if i'm wrong I hope one of you smart aspies corrects it. Lol.
I will never stop...