Educational

Author Topic: Ahh fuck it. Ask ol rage something while you're at it.  (Read 13587 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Ahh fuck it. Ask ol rage something while you're at it.
« Reply #195 on: June 15, 2009, 06:13:03 PM »
What's your policy on disclosure of sensitive information, not in a romantic context, but a strategic one?
Hmm. Can you be a little more specific about that? ???
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #196 on: June 15, 2009, 06:19:03 PM »
The more specific I get, the more difficult it is to explain. What made me think of it is your saying that Odeon could handle whatever Lit threw at him. My concern was not whether he could handle it (I'm sure his technical skills are far superior to Lit's) but the bad taste it leaves in my mouth when conflicts with authority happen behind closed doors. I like to be able to judge for myself what's right and what's wrong, and that can't be done when I don't have enough information.

However, forum drama sets off a lot of hypervigilance for me, so I'm not approaching Odeon about it. He and I are already on edgy terms because of the ways I've confronted him over openness of information in the past. I don't want to make things worse until I'm certain I've gotten my own crap out of the picture.

And IRL, the best argument I know for hiding information is in a military context when lives are at stake. Since you've been in the military, I figured you might have an educated opinion on the subject.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #197 on: June 15, 2009, 06:30:44 PM »
The more specific I get, the more difficult it is to explain. What made me think of it is your saying that Odeon could handle whatever Lit threw at him. My concern was not whether he could handle it (I'm sure his technical skills are far superior to Lit's) but the bad taste it leaves in my mouth when conflicts with authority happen behind closed doors. I like to be able to judge for myself what's right and what's wrong, and that can't be done when I don't have enough information.

However, forum drama sets off a lot of hypervigilance for me, so I'm not approaching Odeon about it. He and I are already on edgy terms because of the ways I've confronted him over openness of information in the past. I don't want to make things worse until I'm certain I've gotten my own crap out of the picture.

And IRL, the best argument I know for hiding information is in a military context when lives are at stake. Since you've been in the military, I figured you might have an educated opinion on the subject.

Well yeah. Opsec, hippa, all that crap. But what do you mean? Being open with information or tight lipped about it?
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2009, 07:40:16 PM »
Lol sorry raxis.  :asthing:

Go ahead and IM me about it if you like.
I will never stop...

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2009, 10:21:28 PM »
Sorry? You did nothing wrong. I went offline because I had stuff to do IRL.

*googles opsec and hippa* Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I was after.

The thing is that every dysfunctional system I've seen uses secrecy to keep itself in power. And yet I have to acknowledge that there are situations where secrecy is necessary and good. But I don't have a good set of criteria to tell one from the other. So I was wondering what criteria other people (including yourself) used.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2009, 06:09:39 AM »

The thing is that every dysfunctional system I've seen uses secrecy to keep itself in power. And yet I have to acknowledge that there are situations where secrecy is necessary and good. But I don't have a good set of criteria to tell one from the other. So I was wondering what criteria other people (including yourself) used.

Ahh. I only used secrecy to keep my job, or to keep someone from getting in huge trouble. Plus I had to really watch peoples personal info in the vet clinic. Lots of stuff in those files like socials and stuff.

Is that what you mean?
I will never stop...

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »

You always act as if you have the right to know everything about every dispute there is around here, Pyraxis. But here's the thing: you don't. Sometimes, as in this case, what happens is (and will stay) a private matter. This one was between me and Lit, and we've settled it amicably. What happened, what was said, and what was agreed on does not concern anyone else.

It's the control freak in you, but try to get over yourself, just for this once.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2009, 03:30:56 PM »

It's a message board, Pyraxis, nothing more. There are things that are far more important.

My big secret to keep myself in power here, in this dysfunctional place, is to pay the bills. Promise not to tell anyone, OK?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2009, 06:18:41 PM »
You always act as if you have the right to know everything about every dispute there is around here, Pyraxis. But here's the thing: you don't. Sometimes, as in this case, what happens is (and will stay) a private matter. This one was between me and Lit, and we've settled it amicably. What happened, what was said, and what was agreed on does not concern anyone else.

It's the control freak in you, but try to get over yourself, just for this once.

Oh, fuck off. Don't you understand that my walking out of the moomintroll thread and into this one is my getting over myself?

I said I was confident you could handle it, and I left. With every post here, you're demonstrating that you're the one who can't let go.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2009, 05:19:58 PM »
LOL, you move your bitching from one thread to the next, saying things like "I don't want to make things worse until I'm certain I've gotten my own crap out of the picture", and I'm the one who can't let go?

"I don't want to make things worse UNTIL...?" That's fucking rich, Pyraxis.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2009, 06:11:36 PM »
Yes, you're the one who can't let go, or you wouldn't get so defensive about what I'm saying here. I haven't put the whole thing behind me, but "the whole thing" is about a lot more than you, Odeon, so take your head out of your ass. By moving here, and asking a different question (what are some of the strategies behind disclosure of information?) I am getting closer to the answer I'm looking for than I was by pointing fingers at you.

You, also, have an established pattern of pursuing disagreements ad nausem. I don't know if you expected me to just close my inconvenient mouth or what, but on this issue that'll be a long time coming. So unless we manage to agree to disagree and stop setting off each other's hackles, this'll keep happening, until I finally manage to make my position clear and understand yours.

At that point it'll likely becomes evident that the whole thing was a misunderstanding all along, but if that turns out to not be the case, yes, I will continue to argue for what I believe in.

What exactly is your accusation, anyway, and what are you trying to accomplish by coming here?

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2009, 07:57:02 PM »
Yes, you're the one who can't let go, or you wouldn't get so defensive about what I'm saying here. I haven't put the whole thing behind me, but "the whole thing" is about a lot more than you, Odeon, so take your head out of your ass. By moving here, and asking a different question (what are some of the strategies behind disclosure of information?) I am getting closer to the answer I'm looking for than I was by pointing fingers at you.

You, also, have an established pattern of pursuing disagreements ad nausem. I don't know if you expected me to just close my inconvenient mouth or what, but on this issue that'll be a long time coming. So unless we manage to agree to disagree and stop setting off each other's hackles, this'll keep happening, until I finally manage to make my position clear and understand yours.

At that point it'll likely becomes evident that the whole thing was a misunderstanding all along, but if that turns out to not be the case, yes, I will continue to argue for what I believe in.

What exactly is your accusation, anyway, and what are you trying to accomplish by coming here?

Awwwww. You ARE like a cat.

Now I understand the "herding cats" metaphor. :green:
I will never stop...

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2009, 07:59:36 PM »
Awwwww. You ARE like a cat.

Now I understand the "herding cats" metaphor. :green:

:laugh: Yeah, something like that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #208 on: June 20, 2009, 05:58:18 AM »

Coming here? As in I2? As in Rage's ask-away thread? :-\

I don't expect you to do anything, Pyraxis, I'm replying to your posts here. This is Intensity. If I read something I want to reply to, I reply to it. I'm not pursuing disagreements per se, I'm reading what I want to read and replying to what I want to reply to.

Your pattern is pretty much in evidence here, too, the way you always react to forum drama, especially the kind where you don't know as much as you'd like to. Your assumption then seems always to be that since you don't know everything, the powers that be are doing something they shouldn't, that they are abusing their powers. It's not an accusation, exactly, it's more of an observation.

Could I be getting it all wrong? Of course. Happens to me all the time. But I notice you didn't even touch your previous statement, "I don't want to make things worse until I'm certain I've gotten my own crap out of the picture". Maybe I got it wrong, maybe you don't mean what you say, but you're not in the habit of being as sloppy as that. Makes me think that you know exactly what you're doing.

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #209 on: June 20, 2009, 08:38:05 AM »

Coming here? As in I2? As in Rage's ask-away thread? :-\

I don't expect you to do anything, Pyraxis, I'm replying to your posts here. This is Intensity. If I read something I want to reply to, I reply to it. I'm not pursuing disagreements per se, I'm reading what I want to read and replying to what I want to reply to.

Your pattern is pretty much in evidence here, too, the way you always react to forum drama, especially the kind where you don't know as much as you'd like to. Your assumption then seems always to be that since you don't know everything, the powers that be are doing something they shouldn't, that they are abusing their powers. It's not an accusation, exactly, it's more of an observation.

Could I be getting it all wrong? Of course. Happens to me all the time. But I notice you didn't even touch your previous statement, "I don't want to make things worse until I'm certain I've gotten my own crap out of the picture". Maybe I got it wrong, maybe you don't mean what you say, but you're not in the habit of being as sloppy as that. Makes me think that you know exactly what you're doing.

Haha. I do understand that burning curiosity of her though, big O. When I don't know something... I wantsssss it.  :zoinks:

Its an addiction man. Comes from reading to many books and spending too much time searching for things on the internets.
I will never stop...