Author Topic: Is it inherently racist to worry about immigration?  (Read 4497 times)

TheoK

Re: Is it inherently racist to worry about immigration?
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2008, 05:03:45 PM »
 :agreed:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2008, 05:13:50 PM »
it's about culture, not race. i don't have a problem with people moving to a country if they are willing to adapt. if your culture is to be gross and threatening and violent, that's not cool. i don't give a shit what race you are i will kick your ass. --unless you are cute and hot of course. :P
Actually I would say it goes further than that - the boundaries are in essence more on civilisation lines. Needless to say though, we should only have immigrate here those who we integrate. Clearly what is going off in Sweden is immigration gone too far with the wrong groups of people - hence riots.

"Clearly"? You must have studied this in detail. Do enlighten us with an in-depth analysis, please.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2008, 06:18:49 PM »
it's about culture, not race. i don't have a problem with people moving to a country if they are willing to adapt. if your culture is to be gross and threatening and violent, that's not cool. i don't give a shit what race you are i will kick your ass. --unless you are cute and hot of course. :P
Actually I would say it goes further than that - the boundaries are in essence more on civilisation lines. Needless to say though, we should only have immigrate here those who we integrate. Clearly what is going off in Sweden is immigration gone too far with the wrong groups of people - hence riots.

"Clearly"? You must have studied this in detail. Do enlighten us with an in-depth analysis, please.
Nice statistic if you scroll along this table - 56% Swedish respondents agreed with the statement that "Islamic fundamentalism is a serious threat for our country". See, even your country men agree with you. In fact Islamic immigration is so out of control that they have seen fit to issue a list of demands - including many good quotables:
http://www.sr.se/Diverse/AppData/Isidor/files/83/2113.pdf
All local authorities should arrange an evening of the week will be a women's evening and men in evening
gym och simhallen. gym and swimming pool. Hela hallen ska då vara öppen bara för kvinnor eller män medan övriga kväller är för The whole hall will be open only for women or men, while the other nights are for
båda könen. both sexes. I detta fall handlar det bland annat om att unga flickor från muslimska länder ska få This case is among other things, that young girls from Muslim countries will be
möjligheten att delta i simundervisning och därmed få godkänt betyg i gymnastik. the opportunity to participate in swimming and thereby obtain passing grades in gymnastics. Förutsättningar är att det Condition is that it
inte finns unga pojkar eller vuxna män i simhallen. are not young boys or adult men in the swimming pool.

TheoK

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2008, 06:22:44 PM »

Nice statistic if you scroll along this table - 56% Swedish respondents agreed with the statement that "Islamic fundamentalism is a serious threat for our country". See, even your country men agree with you. In fact Islamic immigration is so out of control that they have seen fit to issue a list of demands - including many good quotables:
All local authorities should arrange an evening of the week will be a women's evening and men in evening
gym och simhallen. gym and swimming pool. Hela hallen ska då vara öppen bara för kvinnor eller män medan övriga kväller är för The whole hall will be open only for women or men, while the other nights are for
båda könen. both sexes. I detta fall handlar det bland annat om att unga flickor från muslimska länder ska få This case is among other things, that young girls from Muslim countries will be
möjligheten att delta i simundervisning och därmed få godkänt betyg i gymnastik. the opportunity to participate in swimming and thereby obtain passing grades in gymnastics. Förutsättningar är att det Condition is that it
inte finns unga pojkar eller vuxna män i simhallen. are not young boys or adult men in the swimming pool.

odeon is a "liberal". He's blind when it comes to what the Swede on the street thinks about immigration.  ::)

Well, the Nazis have a seat in many towns and communities and will most probably get into the parliament in 2010, at least the quasi-Nazi SD party.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2008, 07:01:31 PM »

odeon is a "liberal". He's blind when it comes to what the Swede on the street thinks about immigration.  ::)
Yep - one of those who is quite happy to restrict the majorities freedoms so he can be subservient to a majority.
Well, the Nazis have a seat in many towns and communities and will most probably get into the parliament in 2010, at least the quasi-Nazi SD party.
Scary stuff really - the Nazi parties tend to be full of incredibly dim people blindly and abjectly subscribing to a poor choice of ideology. In a way themselves and the vast majority of the worlds Muslims have that in common.

TheoK

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2008, 07:09:10 PM »
Not interested in this forum, then? Look at their smilies and custom titles, by the way.  :green:

Nordisk.nu

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2008, 07:17:59 PM »
Not interested in this forum, then? Look at their smilies and custom titles, by the way.  :green:

Nordisk.nu
My lack of language skills might put me off for one...

TheoK

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2008, 07:25:00 PM »
There is some introduction in English. They have titles like "Supermoderator", "Knight", "Squire", "Reichsmarshall" and so on and smilies with German helmets.  8)

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2008, 07:27:42 PM »
There is some introduction in English. They have titles like "Supermoderator", "Knight", "Squire", "Reichsmarshall" and so on and smilies with German helmets.  8)

Since when has being Nordic meant being a Nazi...

TheoK

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2008, 07:34:10 PM »

Since when has being Nordic meant being a Nazi...

Nordic peoples are the "Aryans". We are ze Master Race.  8)

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2008, 08:26:01 PM »
Where did the gingers come from then? :zoinks:

TheoK

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2008, 08:37:13 PM »
They're Neanderthals still alive.  8)

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2008, 02:05:11 AM »
Can you be worried about overcrowding, stretching of resources, lack of jobs etc, without being racist?   Or should people always be for it, without raising concerns?
Well, if you are against immigration for these reasons and are not just picking out people who are non-white then I don't think you could justifiably be accused of racism.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2008, 02:07:11 AM »
It's only common sens

Totally agreed with bolded section. I'm not automatically prejudiced against members of any particular groups - in the most self-isolated communities you find individuals who accept that they have come to live in a country which has its OWN culture and traditions - which while nobody is expecting migrants to become carbon copies, I think its key to successfully integrating into the wider host community that incomers make an effort to understand how we do things here, and accept it. If I moved to say, Dubai, I would do myself a favour and show respect to my hosts by refraining from flouting their cultural taboos in public, learning a little about their culture (Arabic being the most useful start - I believe agreeing to learn English should be a prerequisite for granting citizenship), and accepting that while I might find some aspects of their society distasteful I am a guest. If I don't like it there, I should go back home to my own culture. Also some long established immigrant communities here still choose to isolate and segregate themselves from the wider community - which isn't healthy IMO, and has caused much damage and mutual mistrust in many Northern towns and cities. Anyone who denies this as a fact is wearing blinkers. I have had Muslim friends, neighbours, co-workers, classmates and get on well with most of em - I've been helped out many times by local Asians and generally prefer to break down in (most) Asian areas than a mainly white one, because in all likelihood I end up being helped by a growing assortment of locals. But a lot of folk wouldn't see the good in the 'weird' folk who keep to themselves unless they're delivering your takeaway or on the till at Morrisons - without more integration folk on either side of the divide don't actually get to know each other well, weakening the community. Which allows poisoned worldviews like the BNP's and Lit's to take hold, particularly among the ignorant.

Does that make sense?

A lot of sense.

Some of my former countrymen chose to isolate themselves after moving from Finland to Sweden. After 30 odd years, they still don't speak the language well enough to get by.
It's only commonsense to at least try and learn the language in your adopted country - at least enough to get by.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2008, 04:36:41 PM »

Apart form everything else, what does this have to do with the situation at Rosengård? I was asking for your enlightened in-depth analysis, not some googled PDF that, while quotable, is largely irrelevant.

Do you know *anything* about Rosengård, Hadron? Anything at all?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein