Educational

Author Topic: antipsychotics  (Read 6848 times)

TheoK

Re: antipsychotics
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2008, 04:21:03 PM »
So, tell me, what is your ideal world like, and how are you proposing to get there?
My ideal world would be an intellectual meritocracy in short. How we get there would depend on the political situation - but there are options. Personally I feel waiting to see how Obama is going to pan out before we make any moves.

And what might those moves be?
Political or otherwise. These could include hijacking top political positions for our own ends, campaigns targeted against certain organisations or institutions. However before we think about strategy we would need an organisation of some kind. Fortunately there are few out there that might be subvertable. What is key is to avoid any association with Autism for as long as possible.

Not being autistic?

There's no chance that you'd be able to hijack any political position of any importance whatsoever. Read the DSM and see why.

Hitler might have been an Aspie. He hijacked half of Europe.

He wasn't. He was a very sick puppy, but not a spazz.

Are you a psychiatrist? My first shrink was a chief psychiatrist and he told me that Hitler might have been an Aspie. I didn't ask or anything, he was the one who came up with it.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2008, 04:27:52 PM »
So, tell me, what is your ideal world like, and how are you proposing to get there?
My ideal world would be an intellectual meritocracy in short. How we get there would depend on the political situation - but there are options. Personally I feel waiting to see how Obama is going to pan out before we make any moves.

Political or otherwise. These could include hijacking top political positions for our own ends, campaigns targeted against certain organisations or institutions. However before we think about strategy we would need an organisation of some kind. Fortunately there are few out there that might be subvertable. What is key is to avoid any association with Autism for as long as possible.

Not being autistic?

There's no chance that you'd be able to hijack any political position of any importance whatsoever. Read the DSM and see why.
You should probably take a closer look at modern politics, there are some blatently autistic people either in the positions or more often as the power behind such a throne. Bear in mind I would not need to hold the position to subvert it - there are other ways of influencing people.

I have had several close looks over the years. Not one of the politicians with any discernible autistic traits also possessed your absurdly naive views. Not one.

The one rumoured to actually have a dx, Al Gore, is your exact opposite.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2008, 04:33:43 PM »

Not being autistic?

Are you a psychiatrist? My first shrink was a chief psychiatrist and he told me that Hitler might have been an Aspie. I didn't ask or anything, he was the one who came up with it.

You had an overdose of Wrong Planet lately? All those "diagnosing famous dead people" threads must have gone to your head.

Face it--if it had been a generally accepted opinion, the public would have been all over us. There is no way something like that would not have been used.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2008, 04:43:57 PM »

Not being autistic?

You should probably take a closer look at modern politics, there are some blatently autistic people either in the positions or more often as the power behind such a throne. Bear in mind I would not need to hold the position to subvert it - there are other ways of influencing people.

I have had several close looks over the years. Not one of the politicians with any discernible autistic traits also possessed your absurdly naive views. Not one.

The one rumoured to actually have a dx, Al Gore, is your exact opposite.
I have no idea about Al Gore - not looked closely enough. Though there are some British politicians who are almost certainly on the spectrum, I would begin by naming Boris and Gordon. The key difference here btw - is that these people don't know that they are on the spectrum. The next generation might.

TheoK

« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2008, 04:45:36 PM »

Not being autistic?

You had an overdose of Wrong Planet lately? All those "diagnosing famous dead people" threads must have gone to your head.

Face it--if it had been a generally accepted opinion, the public would have been all over us. There is no way something like that would not have been used.

I haven't visited WP for over 2 years and I was told that before I even had heard of the Internet.

It's not a generally accepted opinion, but it's a posibility.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2008, 05:03:52 PM »
You always seem to miss the subtleties here really...

you have an very strange definition of "subtleties".  would you please point out what "subtleties" you're referring to here?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2008, 05:05:41 PM »
I have no idea about Al Gore - not looked closely enough. Though there are some British politicians who are almost certainly on the spectrum, I would begin by naming Boris and Gordon. The key difference here btw - is that these people don't know that they are on the spectrum. The next generation might.

why do you think boris and gordon are on the specturm?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2008, 05:13:54 PM »

you have an very strange definition of "subtleties".  would you please point out what "subtleties" you're referring to here?
The difference between disliking something and being forced to apply them. For example I might hate clothes, but if I go out without them I get arrested.

TheoK

« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2008, 05:14:18 PM »

Oh, I forgot. My shrink told me about one living person who is an Aspie. He's a minister in the current government.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2008, 05:15:44 PM »

Gordon - I read his lifestory (a really good book by Tom Bower) which pretty much describes him having all the character traits. Boris - just watch him closely.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2008, 07:59:56 PM »
i thought gordon was an asshole.

can you summarize his lifestory for us ADDs? :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2008, 08:11:44 PM »
i thought gordon was an asshole.

can you summarize his lifestory for us ADDs? :P
I quite like him - really he is old Labour and if re-elected would be quite fun. As in what he might do to private schools...

As for a life summary - wiki might be good:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Brown

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2008, 03:33:19 AM »

The difference between disliking something and being forced to apply them. For example I might hate clothes, but if I go out without them I get arrested.

doesn't wash - if you're intent on taking over society, why aren't you working towards changing that society by doing things differently.  you'll just end up as the same old, same old, otherwise - you keep banging on about politics, have another look at political history and see how that very thing happens, even with those with the noblest of intentions.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2008, 03:34:06 AM »

Gordon - I read his lifestory (a really good book by Tom Bower) which pretty much describes him having all the character traits. Boris - just watch him closely.

that's not enough of an answer: what specifically about these two are characteristic of having AS?

back up what you're saying.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2008, 12:57:28 PM »

that's not enough of an answer: what specifically about these two are characteristic of having AS?

back up what you're saying.

Why should he start now?

???

He's mostly gotten a bye, because his resources are limited and he is barely of age. You are pressing a wrinkle that will remain after pressing, despite the vinegar we throw on it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 12:59:15 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.