Author Topic: antipsychotics  (Read 6824 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: antipsychotics
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2008, 03:51:03 PM »
As for the 0.5%, think bigger and also think that if we were half wise, we wouldn't explicitly tell them our full aims. We would instead dress them up.

which is an "NT" skill.  next?
We would use their own tricks against them, yes. Do you have a problem with that?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2008, 03:53:24 PM »
As for the 0.5%, think bigger and also think that if we were half wise, we wouldn't explicitly tell them our full aims. We would instead dress them up.

We would use their own tricks against them, yes. Do you have a problem with that?

yes, i have.

you castigate "NTs" for their "tricks", and then use those same "tricks" yourself.  hypocritical, much?

::)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2008, 03:56:51 PM »
Though I also mostly don't give a fuck about the NT infested piece-of-shit world outside my house or at least outside my village.
:minusevil: I disagree with the term NT infested TheoK. Through out my time in the military, college and the work force there have been non Autist people who have provided help and advice when I needed it just because it was their nature to do so. Danny Thomas is about as neurotypical as they come and he founded St. Jude's Childrens Hospital without the benefit of autism.   
The fact is that we should not have to go to them for advice - or need nice NT's to help us out. Society should not be structured in such a way that we are dependent on NT's to teach us how to play by their rules.

Reality check: the majority of people are neurotypical. Don't blame them for your shortcomings.
I certainly can blame them for how they have defined their social structure and society - and then force it upon us.

You can, but it will make you look silly.
Not at all - especially when we reform their society.

Let's see... Is it likely that 0.5% of the population is allowed to reorganise the society now defined by the other 95.5%?

You will look extremely silly.
Your maths is shockingly bad - percentages add up to 100

:laugh: I *knew* I would do something like that. I really need to read what I wrote before hitting "Send".
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2008, 03:58:44 PM »

yes, i have.

you castigate "NTs" for their "tricks", and then use those same "tricks" yourself.  hypocritical, much?

Not at all. In wars the soldiers often pick up guns from dead soldiers on the enemy side.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2008, 03:59:03 PM »

yes, i have.

Well I am a realist, not an idealist. In order to correct society, certain things have to be done, that might be against the rules of a future society.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2008, 04:00:56 PM »
So, tell me, what is your ideal world like, and how are you proposing to get there?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2008, 04:02:48 PM »

yes, i have.

Well I am a realist, not an idealist. In order to correct society, certain things have to be done, that might be against the rules of a future society.

so, basically, you'll change your tune about everything when it suits you.

funnily enough, that's been clear for a long time, and why i don't hold much credance for any of your opinions.

a real shame, cos you do have a brain.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2008, 04:05:46 PM »
So, tell me, what is your ideal world like, and how are you proposing to get there?
My ideal world would be an intellectual meritocracy in short. How we get there would depend on the political situation - but there are options. Personally I feel waiting to see how Obama is going to pan out before we make any moves.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2008, 04:06:58 PM »
My ideal world would be an intellectual meritocracy in short. How we get there would depend on the political situation - but there are options. Personally I feel waiting to see how Obama is going to pan out before we make any moves.

And what might those moves be?

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2008, 04:10:09 PM »

yes, i have.

so, basically, you'll change your tune about everything when it suits you.

funnily enough, that's been clear for a long time, and why i don't hold much credance for any of your opinions.

a real shame, cos you do have a brain.
You always seem to miss the subtleties here really...

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2008, 04:13:40 PM »

Political or otherwise. These could include hijacking top political positions for our own ends, campaigns targeted against certain organisations or institutions. However before we think about strategy we would need an organisation of some kind. Fortunately there are few out there that might be subvertable. What is key is to avoid any association with Autism for as long as possible.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2008, 04:15:30 PM »

Political or otherwise. These could include hijacking top political positions for our own ends, campaigns targeted against certain organisations or institutions. However before we think about strategy we would need an organisation of some kind. Fortunately there are few out there that might be subvertable. What is key is to avoid any association with Autism for as long as possible.

Not being autistic?

There's no chance that you'd be able to hijack any political position of any importance whatsoever. Read the DSM and see why.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2008, 04:16:47 PM »

Not being autistic?

There's no chance that you'd be able to hijack any political position of any importance whatsoever. Read the DSM and see why.

Hitler might have been an Aspie. He hijacked half of Europe.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2008, 04:17:48 PM »

Not being autistic?

Hitler might have been an Aspie. He hijacked half of Europe.

He wasn't. He was a very sick puppy, but not a spazz.

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2008, 04:20:16 PM »

Not being autistic?

You should probably take a closer look at modern politics, there are some blatently autistic people either in the positions or more often as the power behind such a throne. Bear in mind I would not need to hold the position to subvert it - there are other ways of influencing people.