Author Topic: antipsychotics  (Read 6755 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
antipsychotics
« on: December 09, 2008, 05:31:43 PM »
has anyone tried risperdal? other antipsychs? i've been thinking about it. i've been reading about it. i dunno about it. they scare the shit out of me. but i think i need something.

i know randy took abilify, i read summin about it. i can't remember.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

TheoK

Re: antipsychotics
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 05:34:59 PM »
I think they're bad. Haven't tried Risperdal but Trilafon, and that sucked.  :( Better with good old Valium, if you can get hold of it.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 06:11:46 PM »
I took seroquil but for sleep not in does they prescribe of antipsychotis and it fuck me up bad. Here is s forum that deal with this type of question all the time   http://www.crazyboards.org /forums/    and another on the way back machine that describes what they do  http://www.crazymeds.us/
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 06:45:01 PM »
I have taken Seroquel, it made me feel weird and sleepy. I took Risperdal in hospital and I twitched so badly that the doctors stopped giving it to me. I was also put on haloperidol when I first went in because I was a bit psychotic or something and that stuff knocked me out and I liked it because of that but it would not be good to take regularly I think because it is so strong.

Every time I go to the doctor they suggest I take antipsychotics but I won't. I want to stay away from them.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 06:48:58 PM »
they are all correct. i have worked with dozens of clients on anti-psychotics and they should only be taken as a last resort, not even in low doses for sleep.

having said that i admit to taking compazine which is an insanely low dose of an antipsychotic - its used for nausea. i don't know what effect it has had on me. if anything i am depressed and anxious and don't understand why, so maybe it has affected me. i was never like this before and while i was in the hospital i took compazine almost daily.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 06:52:11 PM »
I think they're bad. Haven't tried Risperdal but Trilafon, and that sucked.  :( Better with good old Valium, if you can get hold of it.

i wouldn't bother with aps if i had valium endlessly.

i forgot crazymeds, thanks PARTS.

i was thinking of haloperidol but i dunno if i could get that stuff. i wish. :)

at the moment i'm taking 4 tryptophan caps that have b-vitamin in them a day and trying to remember 3 st johns a day but currently managing only 2 as i forget. mom's getting me GABA. i will see how that goes. but sometimes i feel i need something stronger. supplements are meek.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 06:53:52 PM »
they are all correct. i have worked with dozens of clients on anti-psychotics and they should only be taken as a last resort, not even in low doses for sleep.

having said that i admit to taking compazine which is an insanely low dose of an antipsychotic - its used for nausea. i don't know what effect it has had on me. if anything i am depressed and anxious and don't understand why, so maybe it has affected me. i was never like this before and while i was in the hospital i took compazine almost daily.

but why are antipsychs bad? i just want to stop the fucked upness. antipsychs lower dopamine and if i have too much then why not?
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 08:00:16 PM »
there are other things that work on dopamine.
most anti-psychotics have bad side effects - the most common i've seen were weight gain, diabetes and tics or other movement disorders.

check this out:
side effects

clearly an antipsychotic is better than walking into a fire, jumping off a bridge or dancing naked in the parking lot of the local big food store (all the same client) because you think someone is going to kill you. if its this bad, then you could consider it. if not, consider something else that can reduce your dopamine levels.

and yuck - since i wanted to get my facts straight i did a little research and found an antipsychotic used to treat Aspergers. WTF.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 09:24:30 PM »
Yes, I have read some stuff about that as well, even giving them to little kids.  :thumbdn:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 01:11:37 AM »
i definitely don't want weight gain. :( it's right up there with dancing naked in a parking lot. :zombiefuck:

didn't know they can cause diabetes. that's horrible.

yeah they apparently give aps for all kinds of crap, just to shut kids up. i dunno why i can't get some valium but a 5 year old is forced to take antipsychotics and that's supposed to be somehow in sync with the laws of the universe. just fucked up.

i'm tired of this medical battle. doctors don't give a fuck as long as they're not sued. cowards can't give anyone anything that works.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:56:07 AM by SovaNu »
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

TheoK

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 03:59:08 AM »

but why are antipsychs bad? i just want to stop the fucked upness. antipsychs lower dopamine and if i have too much then why not?

They fuck with your brain. I'd gladly take some of that upness, if it could be transfused as easily as blood.  :-\

TheoK

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 03:59:56 AM »
i'm tired of this medical battle. doctors don't give a fuck as long as they're not sued. cowards can't give anyone anything that works.

:agreed: Death to the cowards!  :arrr:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 07:57:02 AM »
:pirate:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

TheoK

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 08:09:32 AM »
 :plus:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 08:19:05 AM »
 :zoinks:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar