Educational

Author Topic: Overprotective mom  (Read 556 times)

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
Overprotective mom
« on: December 09, 2008, 03:55:05 AM »
I feel your pain, Spokane about your mom treating you like a child in your thread.

Ok I was very hyper. It's 1:00 in the morning. I do a stim where I listen to music and run around in circles.
I went outside 10 feet from the patio do that. I told my dad not to tell mom and he said "Ok" and let me do it.

My mom almost phoned the cops thinking there was a crazy person outside.
She came out the back door realizing it was me and told me with a stern voice to
get back inside.

I said "I'm a 20-year-old woman now, get over it"

She said "Normal woman don't don't run around in circles outside at 1:00 in the morning"

She knows I have a sleep disorder and it makes me hyper at night and she knows I'm not normal.

So what if I run around in circles on the lawn at night? It's my fucking choice.

Most girls my age get away with murder. Well not literally.
I mean they party all night and my mom did when she was 20
AND had my older brother as a baby at the same time.

She got pregnant at 19
and at 20 all I want to do is go outside and enjoy the peacefulness of night?
and that a crazy thing to do?

She has been using aspergers as an excuse to horde me like a precious gem. She doesn't understand that
"My little precious Marlys" is gone and it is time for her to let me go. I am not her little girl anymore.

This doesn't seem like real love. My mom is obsessive compulsive and this was one of her little behaviors.
She refused to talk to me so she could go back to bed and watch her mindless TV shows

She is full of bullshit. Since I am capable of walking home by myself from work I have to be driven home by
a community support worker.

She won't let me because

"What if you fell and hurt yourself? What if a car hit you? who would be their for you?

I think " Yeah, WHAT IF, mom"

This shit is going to go on forever. My mom is a pain to me, my grandma is a pain to her, my great grandmother was a pain to my grandma and we
can all get bitter at times and not letting go of things.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 04:00:32 AM by Beatle »
Park.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Overprotective mom
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 05:24:50 AM »
Ow, that sucks.

When my parents have came to visit me, I would stay up till three or four in the morning playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I would get very annoyed when they tell me to go to bed or I should go to bed.

When I was 20, we came out to Portland to visit and we stayed at my Dad's friend's house in our RV. We were in downtown waiting for the train to come and I see these teens at the drinking fountain. They are playing with the water, one of them puts her finger over the hole where the water comes out and makes it squirt up in the air. I wanted to do it too but my mother kept telling me "no." I saw the other teen do it too. My mother kept yelling at me to not do it. I never did it because I was afraid of what would happen if I did. I had let her treat me like a child.
I did get to do it later on, when I was 21. I did it and it got my ex in the face and he thought I did it on purpose. Well, I was laughing and smiling so I guess I can't blame him. I also did it to my current boyfriend but this time it was intentional except I didn't get him in the face. He doesn't drink out of those fountains.

AND had my older brother as a baby at the same time.

So he is not that much younger than your mother.  :P

This shit is going to go on forever. My mom is a pain to me, my grandma is a pain to her, my great grandmother was a pain to my grandma and we
can all get bitter at times and not letting go of things.

Sounds like a tradition in your family. Your great grandmother did the same to your grandmother. Your grandmother did the same to your mother. Now she is doing it to you. But how did they all manage to escape?
Maybe you should try talking to you mother about how she is treating you. Ask her if she liked it when her own mother treated her that way she is treating you now?

TheoK

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 11:36:33 AM »
Mom thinks Linda's a slut.  :-\

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 12:29:31 PM »
To be honest Beatle, you're overreacting a bit.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 03:03:51 PM »
It is annoying to have a parent who treats you like a child when you are an adult. I have been there so I can relate.

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 03:17:31 PM »
It maybe paradoxical to your current thinking, but what you expect of your mom and she expects of you can affect how you act.  Sometimes they are "over protective" because they don't want to let you go. Sometimes its convient for them to use you like that.  I know of certain people like that, it got so bad they liked having being called things, because it made them feel like everyone else.  You can adjust to that.  Maybe you should take advantage, treat me like a baby, then do things for me >:D :laugh:
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »
A lot of kids your age are away from home drinking at collage and doing much worse things than running in circles
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 04:00:59 PM »
A lot of kids your age are away from home drinking at collage and doing much worse things than running in circles

They sound "retarded".   Why would you want do such a thing?  if you go to college, than you go to college, you do one thing, you might as well do it all.  retarded equates with repressed, less awful sounding.  At least save the drinking till after college when you have more free time. :laugh:
You could even save if for when you get your degree :wanker: :laugh:

I am drunk right now :laugh:  Burp... saw pawmetto... burp royal jelly  burp ginseng extract burp ginger
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 04:37:51 PM »
I walk around my apartment flapping my hands or arms. The guy below me can probably hear my footsteps, especially at one in the morning.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 06:24:11 PM »

They sound "retarded".   Why would you want do such a thing?  if you go to college, than you go to college, you do one thing, you might as well do it all.  retarded equates with repressed, less awful sounding.  At least save the drinking till after college when you have more free time. :laugh:
You could even save if for when you get your degree :wanker: :laugh:

I am drunk right now :laugh:  Burp... saw pawmetto... burp royal jelly  burp ginseng extract burp ginger

Then most collage students are retarded.  And you do it because it's fun  I got my degrees anyway
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 10:11:36 AM »

Yeah that`s what I was saying
Park.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 10:15:33 AM »

Yeah that`s what I was saying

Sadly, perhaps your mother would be happier if you were doing those much worse things. Some parents wish we were like all the other kids too much.