Educational

Author Topic: Baby P debate  (Read 3424 times)

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
Re: Baby P debate
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2008, 04:10:28 PM »
No. Its a little toddler who got horribly beaten to death. Only 1 year old and yet over 50 injuries including a broken back.

The tragic case has even got its own Wiki page... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_P

Here is the page where his visits with doctors and social services and such are logged:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7735063.stm

Makes sad reading. I know these things happen... but that doesn't make it any the less tragic.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2008, 04:35:52 PM »
Nov. 12, 2008 Prime Minister's Questions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7724844.stm

Then a BBC PMQ analysis of Nov. 12, 2008.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/the_daily_politics/7724629.stm

Guardian of the Empire

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2008, 07:48:29 PM »
I think David Cameron won against the Prime Minister Gordon Brown about debate on Baby P.
No he lost and badly too. Winning would have been getting some resignations on the Labour Council - the problem for the toff is he can't even control his own party now.
I think the Prime Minister just kept repeating the same thing over and over and did not argue His point fully.

The Tory David Cameron just wanted more of a explanation than what the Labour Prime Minister Gordon Brown was willing to give.

Gordon Was just being a politician with His answers in the end.

No - David Cameron wanted to do some political point scoring, as Brown managed not to be drawn on it, he won. Baby P should not have even been mentioned in the House.
What I've seen I don't believe so.
I personally have an intimate understanding of British politics - though if you don't believe someone who is slightly partisan like myself, look at the statistics. Brown is closing up against Cameron's "lead" - soon Labour will be in a commanding position as far as British politics is concerned.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2008, 08:22:08 PM »
I think David Cameron won against the Prime Minister Gordon Brown about debate on Baby P.
No he lost and badly too. Winning would have been getting some resignations on the Labour Council - the problem for the toff is he can't even control his own party now.
I think the Prime Minister just kept repeating the same thing over and over and did not argue His point fully.

The Tory David Cameron just wanted more of a explanation than what the Labour Prime Minister Gordon Brown was willing to give.

No - David Cameron wanted to do some political point scoring, as Brown managed not to be drawn on it, he won. Baby P should not have even been mentioned in the House.
I personally have an intimate understanding of British politics - though if you don't believe someone who is slightly partisan like myself, look at the statistics. Brown is closing up against Cameron's "lead" - soon Labour will be in a commanding position as far as British politics is concerned.
Yeah I thought You were a bit partisan.

Cameron could be the next Prime Minister.
Guardian of the Empire

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2008, 03:02:55 AM »

Yeah I thought You were a bit partisan.

Cameron could be the next Prime Minister.
Assuming the Conservative party does not implode in the meantime, then Cameron might have a chance. Brown is a lot brighter than him - expect him to have a trick or ten up his sleeve.

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2008, 11:40:31 AM »
I'm not particularly keen on Cameron or any of the current clutch of leaders.

Brown being bright??? Hah... He's just a bully who is thought to be bright at doing a job he bluffed his way through most of the time. Want a bright politician... pick John Redwood... really intelligent, but a bit of a prat.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2008, 12:35:18 PM »
Who is John Redwood?
Guardian of the Empire

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2008, 01:19:22 PM »
I'm not particularly keen on Cameron or any of the current clutch of leaders.

Brown being bright??? Hah... He's just a bully who is thought to be bright at doing a job he bluffed his way through most of the time. Want a bright politician... pick John Redwood... really intelligent, but a bit of a prat.
You should look up how Brown got the position - Redwood never was that good. Brown managed to stay in his Chancellor post for 10 years - no mean feat.

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2008, 11:30:44 PM »
Who is John Redwood?

An MP. A really intelligent one... but also a prat. ;)

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2008, 11:37:10 PM »
Brown managed to stay in his Chancellor post for 10 years - no mean feat.

He bluffed and bullied his way through. He had less responsibility than ANY chancellor before him... having given a portion of it over to an unelected body... maybe a good thing, maybe not. During that 10 years, he served in one of the most corrupt Government's this country has ever seen - one with serious blood on its hands.

Now look... he's thrown his rules completely out of the window in this current crisis... and in his term as chancellor... his mantra was that he had ENDED boom and bust... yeah sure ::) If he had ended it for this country then it would have been ended for us regardless of what happened in other countries... otherwise it wouldn't be ended at all. 10 years of bluff ending in failure of what he was boasting. Yes, quite some record ::)

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2008, 12:00:30 AM »
Who is John Redwood?

An MP. A really intelligent one... but also a prat. ;)
What is a prat? I am not English enough. ;D
Guardian of the Empire

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2008, 09:04:41 AM »
Brown managed to stay in his Chancellor post for 10 years - no mean feat.

He bluffed and bullied his way through.
He played politics for 10 years like that - there was a lot more than merely bluffing and bullying his way through. Read any good autobiography on him.
He had less responsibility than ANY chancellor before him... having given a portion of it over to an unelected body... maybe a good thing, maybe not.
Most economists think that it was the greatest decision made by any chancellor.
During that 10 years, he served in one of the most corrupt Government's this country has ever seen - one with serious blood on its hands.
Corrupt? Evidence might be useful here.
Now look... he's thrown his rules completely out of the window in this current crisis... and in his term as chancellor... his mantra was that he had ENDED boom and bust... yeah sure ::) If he had ended it for this country then it would have been ended for us regardless of what happened in other countries... otherwise it wouldn't be ended at all. 10 years of bluff ending in failure of what he was boasting. Yes, quite some record ::)
We would probably be on negative rates of interest by now if Cameron was in charge - his sole strategy has been to dither and do nothing. As for economic rules - very few nations have stuck to them. Bush has effectively disavowed Capitalism in this time.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2008, 09:15:35 AM »
Who is John Redwood?
you mean john redcorn?
Misunderstood.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2008, 09:42:45 AM »
Who is John Redwood?
you mean john redcorn?
Nah - definitely Redwood. He was a Tory cabinet minister over a decade ago.

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2008, 11:21:14 AM »
How about acknowledging that youre incapable of looking after yourself; have never had a girlfriend; still a virgin; incapable of supporting yourself financially and live at home with mummy and daddy.
Who's the juvenile? Did you manage to dress yourself today?

I'm not the one taking drugs and hiring prostitutes/slappers to cope with my various hang-ups in life like having your daughter aborted (you'd be unfit anyway) and having your last serious girlfriend taking you to court while you hack her MSN account.

You're a sad and bitter bastard with so many issues. People still like me regardless of what you currently think of me. Hopefully you'll lie in a hospital bed at some point and spare me your pointless crap online. :violin:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 11:28:35 AM by pissgai »
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.