Educational

Author Topic: the bigots in california  (Read 941 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
the bigots in california
« on: November 08, 2008, 08:14:49 AM »
passed a constitutional amendment stating that the state will only recognize marriages between a man and a woman.

i cannot believe that california is this bigoted against people who are different from themselves.

during the same election, californians voted to give animals which are raised for food a little more elbow room.  i don't understand why we care about an animals rights more than a persons rights.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: the bigots in california
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 09:31:51 AM »
Gays should be allowed to stuff up their marriages as much as those of us that aren't gay.
I am not gay. I don't understand how men can be appealing. But I do know love and commitment.
If a gay man or woman wants to marry someone who wants to marry them, I see no reason why it ought not be so.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 09:42:18 AM »
In Connecticut the courts just okayed gay marriage.  I really don't know why all these people have a stick up their ass about it.  If your not gay it doesn't really affect you at all who cares if they can get married.  Let them get just as fucked up as a regular couple
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 11:16:29 AM »
Well all the state really has to do is call them Civil Partnerships instead I gather - same as what goes on over here. The sole purpose of marriage as I gather (though this is decreasing in our degenerating society) is to provide a stable environment to raise children, something which most gay relationships are not geared towards.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 02:37:04 PM »
Well all the state really has to do is call them Civil Partnerships instead I gather - same as what goes on over here. The sole purpose of marriage as I gather (though this is decreasing in our degenerating society) is to provide a stable environment to raise children, something which most gay relationships are not geared towards.

As for bring up kids I think they might even be better geared toward it.  For one the hoops you have to jump through for adoption verses just not using birth control and squeezing out a kid. 

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 02:38:23 PM »

don't be naive - it's about tax and inheritance.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 07:00:58 PM »
The CA Supreme Court will probably shrug and say their ruling supersedes a ballot initiative. So the Mormons et.al. will have to start from square 1. This time, we'll be ready for them.

BTW, why would Mormons want to define marriage as 1 man and 1 woman? Wouldn't that take the fun out of it for them?
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 07:31:02 PM »
In Connecticut the courts just okayed gay marriage.  I really don't know why all these people have a stick up their ass about it.  If your not gay it doesn't really affect you at all who cares if they can get married.  Let them get just as fucked up as a regular couple

would you think the same if you worked for a company who had to raise your health insurance because suddenly all sorts of people decided to marry their friend on paper to get their friend and their friends kids covered under the company health care plan ? or how about if they said they could no longer afford to offer health insurance to their employee's after hundreds of new people where added to their plan because everyone saw a oppertunity to scam the system by pretending to be married to their friend with kids ?

how about if your taxes went up after hundreds of people jumped on the towns health care plan by marrying their friend that works for the town just for the free coverage for themselves & their kids ?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 08:04:31 PM »

would you think the same if you worked for a company who had to raise your health insurance because suddenly all sorts of people decided to marry their friend on paper to get their friend and their friends kids covered under the company health care plan ? or how about if they said they could no longer afford to offer health insurance to their employee's after hundreds of new people where added to their plan because everyone saw a oppertunity to scam the system by pretending to be married to their friend with kids ?

how about if your taxes went up after hundreds of people jumped on the towns health care plan by marrying their friend that works for the town just for the free coverage for themselves & their kids ?

See? That's a conservative viewpoint, in my view.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 08:04:57 PM »

don't be naive - it's about tax and inheritance.

Thank you.

... and healthcare, as Johnny points out.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 08:36:12 PM »

What's to stop them now if it's a man and a a woman?  I think there should be some basic insurance normal people can afford

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 11:54:31 PM »
It pisses me off when people butt their business in other peoples businesses. So what if two females want to get married or two males, they aren't hurting anyone if they are married, it's their life so leave them be.

When I first heard of it, I thought it was very weird because I had never heard of two women getting married or two men. Then my mother told me my uncles are married and I was like "weird." Then I got used to it and no longer found it weird. Oh why can't others learn the same?  >:(

Took me years to finally accept I get attracted to pretty women and stopped blocking it out of my head. It was the speech my mother gave me, "Beth you shouldn't let other people's thoughts control your life." So I came out of the closet eventually and I felt like screaming up and down the streets "I'm a lesbian" and jumping in the air. Then I realized, No I'm bisexual. Now I realize I'm bi curious. I have not had sex with a woman yet. I have always found women cuter than men. As a kid, I was more attracted to girls than boys. But then I have read its normal for kids to get attracted to their own gender as they are growing up.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 06:01:28 AM »

What's to stop them now if it's a man and a a woman?  I think there should be some basic insurance normal people can afford

how many female friends do you have ?

overall most peoples friends are of the same sex

insurance sucks, people are just about captive to jobs because of it

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 06:42:56 AM »

As for bring up kids I think they might even be better geared toward it.  For one the hoops you have to jump through for adoption verses just not using birth control and squeezing out a kid. 
And how many actually do bring up kids. As for the latter I know all about it, and plenty of people in a straight marriage do it in fact. Adoption agencies are reluctant to give kids to gay couples, which I am inclined to agree with in the current climate.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 06:45:24 AM »

how many female friends do you have ?

overall most peoples friends are of the same sex

insurance sucks, people are just about captive to jobs because of it

Asking me about how many female friends I have funny I am very much a loner in the true sense of the word how I found my wife I have no idea.  I know females that would do it for their kids though

George Bernard Shaw