Educational

Author Topic: How much do YOU fucking hate Christmas? ... and why?  (Read 4068 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: How much do YOU fucking hate Christmas? ... and why?
« Reply #165 on: December 28, 2019, 11:43:35 AM »
When I was in the US for a few months with my ex, i used to cook pavlova as an example of Australian cuisine. We never once managed to track down passionfruit though. Passionfruit and mango are the best toppings.
I can definitely get passionfruit in Canada
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #166 on: December 28, 2019, 04:52:50 PM »
Is that a Christmas dish?

If I wasn't a fatso with early signs of insulin resistance I would make it at least every week.

With fresh mango and other tropical fruit it tends to be a Summer dish, and I always make it for Xmas. But it's not specifically a Christmas dish. You can make it with other fruits like berries, and grated chocolate works well too.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #167 on: December 28, 2019, 05:01:53 PM »
When I was in the US for a few months with my ex, i used to cook pavlova as an example of Australian cuisine. We never once managed to track down passionfruit though. Passionfruit and mango are the best toppings.
I can definitely get passionfruit in Canada

You're all set then. Share pics if you decide to make it.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2019, 07:03:57 PM »

This is a pretty good tutorial.

I use 8 egg whites and 500 ml of caster sugar.

She cooks it hotter than I would. Which is okay, but hers is a bit harder and browner than mine. I cook it at 110 (fan forced)

Also she whisked in the corn flour. Traditionally you fold it in gently after mixing.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2019, 07:14:23 AM »
Awesome! Thank you
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2019, 11:19:02 PM »
I would say that pavlova is about a 4/10 degree of difficulty to make.

90% of the difficulty is getting it off the baking sheet and onto a serving plate. I just serve if off the original baking tray and baking sheet, problem solved. If you can whip cream you can make a pav.