Educational

Author Topic: How much do YOU fucking hate Christmas? ... and why?  (Read 4106 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: How much do YOU fucking hate Christmas? ... and why?
« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2018, 05:05:57 PM »
Trying to sleep in a hotel room on Xmas night and I wanted to politely ask the Bogans on our floor to shut the fuck up or at least have their loud conversations in their rooms with their doors closed. But my wife wouldn't let me.
I don't blame you. That drives me batshit.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2018, 05:08:13 PM »
I used to love ordering big prawns in Thailand. I remember one restaurant where the prawns on display were twice as big as the lobsters. Those were around the 0.5 grade you are talking about.

Out in the rural areas you can buy big live river prawns beside the road for around $1 a pound (10 years ago anyway). And they'd BBQ them for you, and give you some sauce to put on them. They were around a grade 3 or 4.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2019, 07:22:01 PM »
I used to love ordering big prawns in Thailand. I remember one restaurant where the prawns on display were twice as big as the lobsters. Those were around the 0.5 grade you are talking about.

Out in the rural areas you can buy big live river prawns beside the road for around $1 a pound (10 years ago anyway). And they'd BBQ them for you, and give you some sauce to put on them. They were around a grade 3 or 4.

Then you would be a big fat bastard, amirite?

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2019, 07:49:22 PM »

Then you would be a big fat bastard, amirite?

You scored 3/3 on that one. You could also have thrown in smelly and old.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2019, 04:40:03 AM »
Here it is again. Same old, same old.  I get paid on Tuesday so that's when I'll do my shopping. It's going to be vouchers in a card this year. I have to buy for 5 people, that's not too bad. And there seems to be a variety of vouchers on offer.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2019, 10:29:39 AM »
It's been a rough one this year so far.

But...as I keep telling myself.

It's almost over, it's almost over, it's almost over....

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2019, 04:00:11 PM »
I used to love Christmas, but I haven't been able to find my groove for it since our dog died right before Christmas two years ago.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: December 24, 2019, 05:20:52 AM »
Loki? I remember that. A really difficult time to get through. Hopefully you'll gradually get good memories of Christmas again.

I'm being picked up by my parents and we're going to my sister's place in the middle of nowhere tomorrow. I did my shopping but I forgot to look for a Christmas shirt for myself. Whoops.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: December 24, 2019, 06:43:53 AM »
I will, it's just going to take more time than I thought. Last Christmas was our first with our new dog, Phoenix but she ended up getting extremely ill and was in and out of the hospital over the holidays and they told us at the time they didn't think she would live so that compounded it all. Thankfully she's fine and this year she can truly enjoy Christmas. She got extremely excited when we put up the tree and decorated it. She kept dancing around wagging her tail.  :lol1:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: December 24, 2019, 06:51:26 AM »
This is our puppy's first Xmas. But more significant was his first raid, on Xmas eve. It's literally been that dry and here. He was standing in the rain trying to to catch raindrops in his mouth and getting soaked.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2019, 09:59:48 PM »
I read "first raid" and wondered whether your puppy was a gamer or an IRL marauder.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2019, 11:24:09 PM »
I have actually been "renewed" somewhat this year. I have been able to afford more for local charities (we donate to four food banks in town), do more for my family and keep my head above water fighting the onslaught of drowning in SADS this year better than in many years past.

Maybe it is being outside more or just feeling better, physically. Getting back to work on fun stuff has got to help with that SADS shit, right?

I tend to put Christmas into a bucket of yucky things that have to happen to me in winter, but this year I seem to be feeling much more positively about things.

This is not that bad of a year for me if I add it all up. Hell, I bought a fucking hot rod Chevelle this year. One of my younger dreams.

Got so much going my way right now, I just do not have the avarice in my heart to expect more.

Life is good!!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 11:25:54 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #147 on: December 25, 2019, 03:43:48 AM »
I read "first raid" and wondered whether your puppy was a gamer or an IRL marauder.

Doh. Auto correct. First rain.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #148 on: December 25, 2019, 06:54:07 AM »

Was wondering about that too. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #149 on: December 25, 2019, 06:55:04 AM »
This year's been very nice so far.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein