Author Topic: Israel...  (Read 2779 times)

Teejay

Re: Israel...
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2006, 11:27:07 AM »
Time for some real politics. Personally, I think the Israelis are shits. They should pull out and repair all the damage they have done to Lebanon including pay compensation to civilian families whom have suffered casalties as a result of the airstrikes. They should also pay other foreign powers who used up considerable amounts of their own resources evacuating people from Lebanon.

Israel had the right to enter Lebanon to deal with Hezbollah, which the Lebanese government was unwilling or unable to do which was attacking Israel. Israel's incursion into Lebanon is totally self defensive.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 11:32:52 AM by Teejay »

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2006, 01:59:04 AM »
Time for some real politics. Personally, I think the Israelis are shits. They should pull out and repair all the damage they have done to Lebanon including pay compensation to civilian families whom have suffered casalties as a result of the airstrikes. They should also pay other foreign powers who used up considerable amounts of their own resources evacuating people from Lebanon.

Israel had the right to enter Lebanon to deal with Hezbollah, which the Lebanese government was unwilling or unable to do which was attacking Israel. Israel's incursion into Lebanon is totally self defensive.
Totally agree.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2006, 11:07:12 AM »
i likw the way that kevv thinks!
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2006, 11:14:29 PM »
Did they really need to defend themselves with that much force though? And what about more than half of the victims being children?  :-\ I'm not siding with Lebanon, but I really don't think the way Israel responded was right.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2006, 11:31:19 PM »
If the terrorists did not use civilians to hide behind it would be better. Lebanon was suppose to disarm Hezbollah but did not that is apart of the problem Lebanon government is to weak.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline techstepgenr8tion

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2006, 04:55:14 PM »
Did they really need to defend themselves with that much force though? And what about more than half of the victims being children?  :-\ I'm not siding with Lebanon, but I really don't think the way Israel responded was right.

I don't know precisely what that's about but here's one major difference between radical Muslims and us - they'll gladly kill their own and put them in the way of harm just because, they're take seems to be that to die in furthering the cause of Allah means you'll get the highest honors possible in heaven. This is why when I hear stuff like this I could imagine them loading up the Hezbollah or Hamas cubscouts into buildings that they may have used as headquarters, it goes back to their philosophy on life and death itself being much different than ours (unless your the guys in Russia holding school kids hostage - they got scared and ran out the back door). The other reason that doesn't seem as far fetched a possibility as a lot of people might think it should by reading that suggestion, death over life psychology and all, is that it was reported by various news agencies that they actually were hiding those little stinger missiles, some of the larger rockets they were trying to get in, and even headquartering in apartment buildings (trying to find the most civilian populace areas they could). There were Lebanese also complaining and furious about Hezbollah telling them that they needed their property, they'd run rocket launchers and wires up to the ruff, and then they'd fire off the rockets from the safety of a house 3 or 4 doors down. Also, it was cited that they fought in civilian clothing and would walk by soldiers looking innocent at times only to grab up their guns and pop slugs into their backs. The lack of military garbs wasn't even because they didn't have them,, just that the military uniforms are for parades not fighting. I think they know that much of Europe's media is very much on their side and they seem to take as full of an advantage as they can of it.

What would really suck though, as I think about it, I can't imagine being an Israeli commander having to look at the nightmare of dealing with the kind of triage it would take to defend onesself against an enemy like that. It's a real shame that while we and many other countries in the western world get criticised left and right for human rights and whether or not we're following the Geneva convention most of the people we're having to take on and some of our toughest critics flat out don't believe in or follow the Geneva convention at all (its really their joke on us to see us running around trying to kiss ass after we've been accused of breaking it, seeing a world superpower or a few world superpowers being that weak and kind must be a real trip).
Born into this world for one inherent purpose: to drop science and drop it heavy.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2006, 01:06:34 AM »
All Your points techstepgenr8tion that You have made are true and correct.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2014, 05:08:08 PM »

Wow!! talk about birds of a feather...    ::)