Educational

Author Topic: The Music Alphabet Game  (Read 87554 times)

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
Re: The Music Alphabet Game
« Reply #990 on: March 23, 2009, 07:15:15 AM »
Ziggy Marley
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

P7PSP

« Reply #991 on: March 23, 2009, 01:45:41 PM »
Abba. :zombiefuck:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #992 on: March 23, 2009, 02:31:35 PM »

Bloodrock
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #993 on: March 23, 2009, 02:32:42 PM »

Cactus

(one of Carmine's better efforts, especially when they gave up the keys, put in another percussionist and a second bass player)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:35:21 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #994 on: March 23, 2009, 02:34:38 PM »

Deftones

(too obvious, eh?)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #995 on: March 23, 2009, 02:37:21 PM »

Evanescence

(Dunc, would spit-up, but my eight year old daughter loves this band. I can think of far worse, as a father, to have a child emulate.)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #996 on: March 23, 2009, 02:39:59 PM »

Frankenbok

(one of an extremely sparse selection of Australian bands that I actually like to listen to)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #997 on: March 23, 2009, 02:44:35 PM »

Griffin

(I bought their CD, simply because their name brought to mind a childhood obsession. They are heavy, shreddy - hardly recommendable, but Roar Naustvoll is one of the best child-guitar-players I've heard)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #998 on: March 23, 2009, 02:45:53 PM »

Humble Pie

(nope, never worked with them, but I had a chance to see them on their re-up tour.)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #999 on: March 23, 2009, 02:48:29 PM »

Iced Earth

(not too bad, for "white guys from Florida," but they gathered a fanbase across the south) 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1000 on: March 23, 2009, 02:49:45 PM »

Judas Priest

(Yep! BTDT!)

... too easy!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1001 on: March 23, 2009, 02:51:21 PM »
Korn

... is about the only "K" band I can think of right now. I have their music, but I have not seen them perform except on Youtube ... :puke:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1002 on: March 23, 2009, 02:53:45 PM »

Lazarus

(If you had worked the eighties "Sixth Street scene" in Austin, these masters would need no introduction.)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1003 on: March 23, 2009, 02:54:46 PM »

Mahavishnu Orchestra

(again, no, but I have worked around John in the jazz world)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1004 on: March 23, 2009, 02:55:47 PM »

Nightwish

(another of my daughter's favorites)