Educational

Author Topic: More tazer shit  (Read 622 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
More tazer shit
« on: September 29, 2008, 07:21:13 PM »
Police fired a Taser at a naked Brooklyn man armed with only a fluorescent light tube yesterday, sending him falling to his death from a second-floor ledge after he went on a 40-minute rant
http://www.nypost.com/seven/09252008/news/regionalnews/cops_in_nude_taser_slay_130670.htm

Non lethal  my ass. The chief said that they were going to review how they handle mentally disturbed people.  I live just 50 miles from NYC  but don't go there afraid I'll freak out and be killed
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline klox

• Constant Poster
Re: More tazer shit
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 09:15:18 PM »
I watched a documentary about this recently. A woman called the ambulance because her husband was having an epileptic seizure, but for some reason a policeman showed up first instead. Long story short, they tazed him to death because he would not 'cooperate' when asked to. The guy had no control of his behaviour and they just kept zapping him till his heart could not take it anymore. The companies making tasers all insist that they are non-lethal and that there have been no reported deaths due directly to the use of tasers, but that is total bullshit of course.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 10:29:12 PM »

Cookie dough is delicious, but it will kill if you put it in someone's mouth when they are unconscious.

Non-lethal weaponry is a myth.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 11:27:54 PM »
Weapons: designed to inflict injury

Pain: our bodies' response to injury, designed to  avoid death

Death: designed to keep the genepool up-to-date, so that the organism known as DNA may adapt and continue it's pointless existence

I'm getting better at this in-a-nutshell approach to reason.  ;D
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 07:52:10 AM »

Death: designed to keep the genepool up-to-date, so that the organism known as DNA may adapt and continue it's pointless existence

would be more in a nutshell without the last sentence.
batcat

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 08:00:54 AM »

would be more in a nutshell without the last sentence.

you'd be less of a nutcase if.... no, you're beyond all hope I'm afraid.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 06:39:44 PM »
I watched a documentary about this recently. A woman called the ambulance because her husband was having an epileptic seizure, but for some reason a policeman showed up first instead. Long story short, they tazed him to death because he would not 'cooperate' when asked to. The guy had no control of his behaviour and they just kept zapping him till his heart could not take it anymore. The companies making tasers all insist that they are non-lethal and that there have been no reported deaths due directly to the use of tasers, but that is total bullshit of course.

That is completely outrageous.

I hope the woman sued the police.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 01:10:26 AM »
A case where a man was tazered by police after falling off a bridge:

http://www.theagitator.com
http://www.ky3.com/home/video/25829234.html
http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080929/BREAKING01/80929027/-1/newsfront2

:o

OZARK, Mo. -- A family from Branson wants answers about what happened to their son that left him hospitalized. Early Saturday morning, police found Mace Hutchinson, 16, underneath the Highway F overpass over U.S. 65.
Mace ended up in intensive care at a hospital. His parents believe the actions of Ozark police officers contributed to his injuries and slowed doctors’ abilities to speed his recovery.

“We called the police. My wife was afraid he was going to get ran over or hit,” said witness Doug Messersmith.

Messersmith and his wife were the last known people to see 16-year-old boy walking, shortly before their phone call to 911.

“He looked a little agitated but, other than that, he didn't look to be falling down drunk or anything like that,” he said.

By the time officers arrived, the teen was off the 30-foot overpass, lying on the shoulder below along U.S. 65, with no good explanation as to how he got there.

“According to the doctors, all injuries are consistent with a fall,” said his aunt, Samantha.

Mace's dad believes it was just that, a fall, not a jump. The question is why.

“They tested his system. He was clean of drugs and alcohol. We don't know why unless just being in shock and the whole thing in itself caused him to forget everything,” said Hutchinson.

His aunt says he is undergoing major surgery for a broken back and broken heel. While he was lying on the ground, she wonders why Ozark police used an electric stun gun on him up to 19 times.

“I'm not an officer, but i don't see the reason for ‘Tasering’ somebody laying there with a broken back. I don't consider that a threat,”

His dad says the use of the stun gun delayed what would have been immediate surgery by two days.

“The ‘Tasering’ increased his white blood cell count and caused him to have a temperature so they could not go into the operation.”

“He refused to comply with the officers and so the officers had to deploy their Tasers in order to subdue him. He is making incoherent statements; he's also making statements such as, ‘Shoot cops, kill cops,’ things like that. So there was cause for concern to the officers,” said Ozark Police Capt. Thomas Rousset.

Police say although there are several unanswered questions; the reason for the use of a stun gun is not one of them.

“It's a big concern for the officers to keep this guy out of traffic, to keep him from getting hurt,” said Rousset.

Mace was still in intensive care on Wednesday night, listed in fair condition. He was scheduled for surgery again on Thursday. The family, along with the Ozark Police Department, hopes someone will see this report and come forward with some information.

This is just insane.  How could he have possibly posed a reasonable threat to the police while lying on the shoulder of the road with a broken back?  What did they tell him to do, get up and walk?

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 01:16:22 AM »
because he was still moving.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 01:17:59 AM »
Oh, and yet again---

FUCK. THA. PO. LICE

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 05:09:43 AM »
Oh, and yet again---

FUCK. THA. PO. LICE

Yeah, especially that skinny-assed lead singer!

ROXANNE!  Gimme a fucking break!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 06:26:25 AM »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 03:09:51 PM »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 04:32:40 AM »
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.