Author Topic: $700,000,000,000.00  (Read 9356 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: $700,000,000,000.00
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2008, 02:48:29 PM »
"in a hornet's arse"?

do i get a lolly?

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2008, 03:09:42 PM »
Be positive.
you misspelled bee

Don't feel bad. It took me a while, too.

The insect looks more like a wasp, to me. "W.A.S.P. Plus" was about the best I could get at first. Of course, I thought he had posted it in the wrong thread.

:D
I knew it was bee positive, I was just screwing around

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2008, 04:13:42 PM »
Be positive.
you misspelled bee

Don't feel bad. It took me a while, too.

The insect looks more like a wasp, to me. "W.A.S.P. Plus" was about the best I could get at first. Of course, I thought he had posted it in the wrong thread.

:D
I knew it was bee positive, I was just screwing around

It's NOT a fucking bee. It's a wasp!

(sorry, can't do pop-graphic to pop-speech as well as some)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2008, 04:28:56 PM »
The bailout failed to pass (Thank God)

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/29/news/economy/bailout/index.htm?postversion=2008092918

This is really going to hurt, but in the long run America is going to be much better off. It's time for the free market to truly  be free. Let capitalism reign and the economy clean self out of bad money.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2008, 04:35:31 PM »

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/29/news/economy/bailout/index.htm?postversion=2008092918

This is really going to hurt, but in the long run America is going to be much better off. It's time for the free market to truly  be free. Let capitalism reign and the economy clean self out of bad money.

No, the US should be paying the rest of the world an awful lot of compensation for crashing the stocks.

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2008, 04:49:52 PM »
No, the US should be paying the rest of the world an awful lot of compensation for crashing the stocks.

Compensated?  for what? With what money?  The stock market has always gone up and down. It's the nature of the beast. Yes you can sit there and harp about "stupid Americans" and the "Big bad US"but did you honestly think this bailout was a good idea? Creating more money out of thin air?

It's time for the market to correct itself.Yes the US fucked up but what's done is done. Going through with this bailout would have lead to even worse crash further down the line. This is going to hurt in the short term, but US and the world for that matter will be much better off in the long run.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2008, 05:36:42 PM »

Check your own banking industry first, asswipe.

They fell into the same hole that American moustache twisters fell into. Ours are not the only funds invested in golden geese, dude! Look how many eurowanks are losing their arses here, hence your comment. How could they lose, if they had stayed on the side of common sense and personal responsibility.

Wake the fuck up!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2008, 05:46:34 PM »
Really the only people who would really benefit from all this are the people who made all the bad loans in the first place. How about they give back all their bonuses and such to help out the people losing their houses.   My neighbor who bought her house from here  parents then took out all sorts of equity loans even I could tell she would never be able to payback is in foreclosure now.   Now the house sits empty for the second winter in a row I can only imagine the damage inside  by the time some one buys it it will be worth a quarter of what it was
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2008, 06:08:41 PM »
Wake me up when it's time to break out the bondage gear and dune buggies.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2008, 06:12:45 PM »
Wake me up when it's time to break out the bondage gear and dune buggies.

Wake up, Peter. It's time.

Post pics!

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2008, 06:34:18 PM »

They fell into the same hole that American moustache twisters fell into. Ours are not the only funds invested in golden geese, dude! Look how many eurowanks are losing their arses here, hence your comment. How could they lose, if they had stayed on the side of common sense and personal responsibility.

Wake the fuck up!
Sorry, which country (a) legalised all this stuff (look up Phil Gramm and his act if you don't believe me) then (b) sold on all this sub prime stuff around the world. Its like saying its the consumers fault if they get food poisoning from the local restaurant.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2008, 06:37:09 PM »

Wake the fuck up!
Sorry, which country (a) legalised all this stuff (look up Phil Gramm and his act if you don't believe me) then (b) sold on all this sub prime stuff around the world. Its like saying its the consumers fault if they get food poisoning from the local restaurant.

And 1 Look at what greedy bastard countries embraced it instead of using their own common scene to avoid it

George Bernard Shaw

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2008, 06:43:15 PM »

Wake the fuck up!

And 1 Look at what greedy bastard countries embraced it instead of using their own common scene to avoid it
Most other nations have little choice but to use it, the Dollar is the main reserve currency around the world (thanks to irresponsible tax cuts and massive US deficit spending)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2008, 06:51:35 PM »

Wake the fuck up!

Most other nations have little choice but to use it, the Dollar is the main reserve currency around the world (thanks to irresponsible tax cuts and massive US deficit spending)

So your country has no back bone to stand up to the US?  People have been moving away from the dollar for awhile why do you think it's worth so little.  May by it's time to move on to the Euro.  It was the same as here  politics and bankers getting greedy it's not an exclusively US problem

George Bernard Shaw

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2008, 07:05:16 PM »
Interestingly enough the USD has been rising over the past few months despite what is happening.

http://www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/USD/graph120.html

It will rise even higher against the euro once the market starts correcting itself.