Author Topic: News Box Requests.  (Read 7384 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: News Box Requests.
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2011, 11:50:47 AM »
oh and Butterflies hasn't bee on this week I don;'t think

Maybe it's time we changed the news box slave, oh and the modulator (anything else? don't think so... I won't suggest more admin elections :laugh: )

midlifeaspie

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2011, 12:34:12 PM »
lol ^

What do you mean btw, MLA?

are you using a phone or an ipod or something?

Maybe it is a Black Rain thing, but every time the 50 oxymorons bit or the other ones that list 50 lines comes up in the News Box it fills my entire screen and I have to scroll down just to get to the site controls.  It makes me :GA:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2011, 12:34:44 PM »

It doesn't do that for me.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »
wow me neither, that would annoy me too. The only similar thing I experience is the shoutbox being really long when I'm on my ipod. That's annoying, but only on the front page so I can deal with it.

Doesn't happen on the regular theme. Maybe use that until it can get sorted if it's bothering you, as I dunno when butterflies will be back

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2011, 01:18:44 PM »
lol ^

Maybe it is a Black Rain thing, but every time the 50 oxymorons bit or the other ones that list 50 lines comes up in the News Box it fills my entire screen and I have to scroll down just to get to the site controls.  It makes me :GA:

What browser are you using?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2011, 01:19:44 PM »
lol ^

Chrome at work, FF at home

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2011, 01:24:12 PM »
lol ^

Just changed to Black Rain and updated the page until the 50 oxymorons thing showed up. Yes, it fucked up the page and I'm using FF4. Fucking awful. You are right. :GA:

Not sure how to fix that but I think it should be possible to force the newsbox to fit into a scroll box with predefined dimensions. I'll have a look at the code and see if I can figure it out.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2011, 01:36:46 PM »
lol ^

Just changed to Black Rain and updated the page until the 50 oxymorons thing showed up. Yes, it fucked up the page and I'm using FF4. Fucking awful. You are right. :GA:

Not sure how to fix that but I think it should be possible to force the newsbox to fit into a scroll box with predefined dimensions. I'll have a look at the code and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks Odeon.  I appreciate your looking into it.  Very responsive webmaster  :plus:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2011, 03:13:42 PM »
Hey, I haven't actually fixed it yet.

But I think I know how, now, if Black Rain works like Babylon. I'm hoping the scroll box will magically appear if I force a height on a div tag with the right class attribute.

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2011, 03:36:01 PM »
:LMAO:

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2011, 02:20:06 AM »
You can close the News Box area with the button on the right of the page. Just until it gets fixed if you want.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2011, 07:51:52 AM »
Planning to have a look tonight. I noticed there is a new version of the Black Rain theme on the SMF site so I might try that first.

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2011, 08:17:30 AM »
Planning to have a look tonight. I noticed there is a new version of the Black Rain theme on the SMF site so I might try that first.

Thanks again.  I'm not used to Admins actually trying to fix problems instead of ignoring them.  :thumbup:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2011, 04:55:40 PM »
OK...

Everyone using the Black Rain theme, please refresh your browser. The newsbox should now have a fixed height of 80px and with news items longer than what will fit within that should automatically get a scroll bar. Please let me know if things get weird. I have tested it using FF and a Webkit browser but you never know.

- Albert Einstein